FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So with regan losing the 78 ride

<<

DanicaFan

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 am

Re: So with regan losing the 78 ride

I was hoping they would at least make the swap next year and not put Kurt in after Talladega. Nothing against Kurt but at least let Regan finish the year.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm

I did read where Regan will be paid for those races per his contract. I'm sure it helps financially, but is little consolation when you want to race. I really feel bad for him and hopes he finds something. It might be good for him to get a competitive NW ride if he doesn't get a cup offer.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Hope Regan can find something that will make this situation a little easier to take. He bought a home out there and really liked the area. Some days a person wonders what gives.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:12 pm

This is just another reason I don't like the elf...

"Busch spent much of a Friday morning press conference at Dover International Speedway defending his decision to leave Phoenix Racing and replace Regan Smith at the Denver, Colorado-based Furniture Row team, owned by Barney Visser.

The switch has been described as a lateral move by some in the NASCAR garage, and that description clearly irritated Busch, who joined Phoenix Racing at the start of this year.

“Everybody knows this 78 car has much more potential in it,” Busch said. “The 51 is running equipment that’s four years old, 2008 stuff. It’s very obvious why to me this is not a lateral move."

He just can't leave well enough alone. He has to dis the team he's currently driving for, the team that gave him a job when no one else would. The team that let him keep his job after he violated his probation and had to sit out a race. The team that will most likely fold because they couldn't find a sponsor for him and yet they kept putting him in cars.

At least Finch got in his 2 cents worth... He said the elf wrecked 14 cars in succession so they had no choice but to put him in the older cars. And even at that, it was on Finch's dime.

The elf does have talent, but, to me, his shortcomings far outweigh his driving talent. He's a virus that has no cure.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah I liked Finch's response.

It doesnt sound like it is a smooth parting by no means.

Man Busch is the least appreciative guy in racing i swear.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing