FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perhaps Danica could have the 39's race team next year

<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Perhaps Danica could have the 39's race team next year

A story on fox is regarding giving Danica Ryans team and crew chief. There are quotes from Greg Zippadelli and the story ends with Zippy talking about an entire new team for Ryan. He couldn't talk about crew chiefs as most are still under contract. Zippy also said every one loves Gibson. Well that is not for Newman fans.

The story was written by Lee Spencer.
Last edited by ndunn on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Perhaps Danica could have the 39's race team next year

ndunn wrote:A story on fox is regarding giving Danica Ryans team and crew chief. There are quotes from Greg Zippadelli and the story ends with Zippy talking about an entire new team for Ryan. He couldn't talk about crew chiefs as most are still under contract. Zippy also said every loves Gibson. Well that is not for Newman fans.

dont tease me!
ImageImageImage
<<

DanicaFan

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm

She will get Ryan's team next year, its confirmed.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Not a tease Schmoop :mrgreen: There was a link to the article on MSN today.

I'm telling ya, good things come to those who wait!!!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Rochelle wrote:Not a tease Schmoop :mrgreen: There was a link to the article on MSN today.

I'm telling ya, good things come to those who wait!!!

my face is broken, I cant get it to stop smiling!!!! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:A story on fox is regarding giving Danica Ryans team and crew chief. There are quotes from Greg Zippadelli and the story ends with Zippy talking about an entire new team for Ryan. He couldn't talk about crew chiefs as most are still under contract. Zippy also said every one loves Gibson. Well that is not for Newman fans.

dont tease me!

Oh but I'm not teasing the story is on Fox where I get all their news. I nearly fainted when I saw the head line. I read the story and Ms. spenser quotes Zippadelli. He says they have had talks about it and it sounds as tho they are serious.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

DanicaFan

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:04 pm

As I said, it has been confirmed.

I hope they can make her more competitive than Newman has been.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 pm

DanicaFan wrote:As I said, it has been confirmed.

I hope they can make her more competitive than Newman has been.

My 1st thought was to feel bad for her, but upon further review (thought)

this will be good for her, since she is still going through a learning curve with these cars & when she starts getting better with them, I am sure they will be some changes to the team. They will both grow together.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:34 pm

hahahaha, she is gonna feel the pain next year, the crap ryan had to deal with for 4 years, the tuna has no concept on how to make a car run, and the fact that zippy praised tuna means someone at SHR has a screw loose.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:12 pm

As surprising as it sounds, I don't think this is a bad fit. I don't think Ryan and TG ever really did gel with how Ryan likes his cars. Maybe this will work. With Danica unfamiliar with dirt racing, the setups TG is used to may be good for her. I'm not surprised that Zippy likes TG, otherwise he'd be gone. I am a little confused as to why he thinks he's good though. But, I'm not going to the negative side for fear it will jinx this change... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:17 pm

And when TG tells her she look good enough to eat....he will literally mean it :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:26 pm

thin mint <snicker>
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Rochelle wrote:As surprising as it sounds, I don't think this is a bad fit. I don't think Ryan and TG ever really did gel with how Ryan likes his cars. Maybe this will work. With Danica unfamiliar with dirt racing, the setups TG is used to may be good for her. I'm not surprised that Zippy likes TG, otherwise he'd be gone. I am a little confused as to why he thinks he's good though. But, I'm not going to the negative side for fear it will jinx this change... :D

what do you expect SHR brass to say? They employ crap people?
It is the standard PC answers to the media.

He isnt gonna say well TG kinda sucks so we are gonna replace him with someone else & just throw him over to the new team (danica)
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Been staying away for the most part as I dont really like most the posters here, but will comment on this news which Danica commented in the article is NOT really confirmed YET. I will say IF Tony S and Zippy think this is good then I will leave it in their hands as i really DONT know, unlike most of you who THINK you know better then the Multi time Champion PT owner who has known Danica for a real long time and others at SHR. I trust his decisions, as she does, to do everything possible to help her succeed, course lets be honest--they want a driver with FT sponsors so thats a key thing as we all know as well nowdays. Her Godaddy contract is UP next yr so rumors on some OTHER sites are suggesting Godaddy will NOT be the primary for all the races, but she shouldnt have any problem with all her other sponsors and probably new ones to come Iam sure? AS Danica commented though in the article, NOTHING IS really certain YET, meaning she hasnt signed anything and it was late in the yr for ALL her other signings so we will see all the details probably much later? Race Hub the other day DID SAY that SHR will be making a big announcement on tuesday but this may be it IT, as the biggest kept secret is not Danica going Cup, maybe its the CC and crew change or maybe something else like sponsor news since this CC news isnt really verified yet? The other big question is with her Godaddy contract being up next yr will this be a one yr deal as originally written with the 10 PT races this yr with the intent to go FT in 2013 or will it be a multi yr deal anyway which Iam sure SHR would be happier with??

Now about Ryan who many of you are happy about him getting a new CC etc, but I really wonder what he thinks as he has never said a bad word about his CC & crew unlike most of you nascar experts--sorry-- LMAO. However, for most of you there IS an old addage you may want to remember--"Be carefull what you wish for"? Ryans biggest issue will be IF he can do well enough WITH a NEW CC and crew to get sponsors for a FT ride AFTER 2013, but thats in the future so like everything else --only time will tell? Maybe they will hire one of the Eurys to be his CC, then I WILL feel bad for him--just saying. Have a good day--have at it. 8-)

BTW--for the stupid comment " what do you expect SHR brass to say? They employ crap people?"

Really---Give it a rest as you are only making yourself look stupid with comments like that regarding a Championship team like SHR. If you arent happy with Ryans results then maybe as ive said before "It really might just be the driver"?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 pm

you do this to yourself, all do is attack everyone cuz they dont agree with what you say, your a bitter lonely person, you always say your never come back to the site cuz you dont like it, but a day or two later, you come back fighting and insulting people, you ever hear that saying " you get back what you give." well you contine to insult people and their opinions, so no one will be nice back to you, im sure you will make the time to insult me, well maybe you can tell on me, when you have your private meeting with tony in a few weeks,
i am not a fan of danica, cuz she hasnt paid her dues in nascar, tony only has her cuz of a sponsor, i guarantee ya if she came to the sport with no sponsor, he wouldnt waste his time
Next

Return to Danica