FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica finishes 14th two laps down

<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8950

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

cmon wolf you need to exercise the demons, all those months we had JJ/Dale Sr battles, thats what you were being prepared for, hahaha
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

michaeljohn wrote:cmon wolf you need to exercise the demons, all those months we had JJ/Dale Sr battles, thats what you were being prepared for, hahaha

You're trying to provoke me aren't you? :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8950

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

wolfgang wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:cmon wolf you need to exercise the demons, all those months we had JJ/Dale Sr battles, thats what you were being prepared for, hahaha

You're trying to provoke me aren't you? :lol:



i could never do that...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2532

Images: 1
10589

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

ribbitt
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8950

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 am

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Rochelle wrote:ribbitt



what is this, science class??
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2532

Images: 1
10589

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

michaeljohn wrote:
Rochelle wrote:ribbitt



what is this, science class??


haha, no mj... I was only average in science classes. I believe Futura called me a toad so I just wanted to set the record straight, I'm a frog, not a toad. Funny how the ones that call us haters are the ones that call people names. And, for the record, I'm not a Danica hater. I'm just sick of the hype for average performance. But that's not a popular opinion so we get called names. I thought calling people names made you a hater, but apparently not. Oh, I forgot, we're ignorant too.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Rochelle wrote:I don't know futura, sounds like racer1 to me. And you didn't add much to the mix besides criticism. Maybe you should pay a little more attention to what Danica supposedly said. Does taking the "high road" sound at all familiar? Didn't think so.


michaeljohn souds like racer1, period.. First is Danica hater, second is Danica lover.. That is only difference.. But logic is same..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Schmoopy1000 wrote:cant believe some of you are actually trying to make a case between the 7 team & the 70 team as to make a case for Danica.
Put Danica in the 70 car & sees what happens.
I am sure Jo would love to swap teams.

but I am sorry. Saying the 70 car puts great cars on the track is simply funny :mrgreen:

I was staying away from this thread as best I could but Holy crap batman, some of you Danica fans have gone to a whole new lost your ever lovin' minds!!!

Only reason why Jo did anything good is because of a great car. When she doesnt do good it is because of her, yet Danica with all the support you could imagine, when she does well it is because of her & when she doesnt it is because of her car. (just the exact opposite)

then you try to make believe you are making sense LOL.


Sorry, Schmoopy, you are blind..
Qualifications:
1st - Daytona - 17th Hamlin, 19th Scott, 21st Johanna, 22nd Logano, 23rd Ragan, 24th Kyle Busch
2nd - Las Vegas - 12th Danica, 13th Hornish, 14 Bayne, 15th Johanna, 20th Kyle Busch, 21st Annett, 22th Cole Witt
3rd - Bristol - 21st Annett, 23rd Hornish, 24th Johanna, 27th Danica
4th - Texas - 11th Scott, 12th Logano, 13th Brad Keselowski , 14th Hornish, 15th Johanna, 16th Allgaier, 17 Danica, 18th Annett, 20th Dale Jr.
9th - Michigan - 11th Hornish, 13th McDowell, 14th Johanna, 15th Kurt Busch, 16th Bliss, 17th Scott, 18th Annett, 20th Stenhouse
11th - Daytona - 11th Johanna, 12th Bowyer, 13th Sadler, 15th Bliss, 16th Hornish, 17th Annett, 20th Kyle Busch, 21st Allgaier
12th - Chicagoland - 12th Johanna, 13th Danica, 14th Annett, 15th Sadler, 16th Allgaier
13th - Indy - 17 th Johanna, 18th Kurt Busch, 20th Danica, 21st Annett
14th - Iowa - 11th Stenhouse, 12th Whitt, 14th Johanna, 15th Kurt Busch, 17th Annett, 18th Danica
16th - Richmond - 6th Hamlin, 7th Scott, 8th Johanna, 10th Allgaier, 12th Sadler, 13th Annett, 17th Kurt Busch, 19th Whitt
18th - Kentucky - 12th Johanna, 15th Whitt

Johanna beats Kurt 4 times, Kyle 3 times, Sadler 3 times in qualifications.. She has 8 top15 in qualifications.. She has good car ..

I am fan both girls, but if you want discussion who is better, I say Danica.. You know Darlington is one of hardest tracks.. Johanna wrecked herself in her first Darlington race (trucks). Danica finished 12th (without strippes) in her first Darlington race (NW).. It is reason why Johanna skipped Darlington, Atlanta and both Dover races and she was horrible on both Bristol races..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Paulino you ever consider the reason she does better than Danica in qualifying.
A she understands stock cars better
B maybe she is just better at qualifying

Another point back in the Day Loy Allen Jr could qualify his car on the pole against all the other cup drivers. Did mean he had top equipment. just meant he had a good qualifying package & could qualify well. No one would ever dream to say he had better cars than the cup veterans (because he didnt)
I fully expect Jo to struggle. She has only a handful of races in these cars. Danica has over 50 starts!
Also I have listened to both drivers in these races, & it is easily apparent that Jo understands the car much more than Danica. So when Danica cant figure out her car, & Jo is giving plenty of good info back. Doesnt surprise me whenever Jo does better. But also it doesnt surprise me when her team stinks either. Like I said I would love to see these two swap rides & see what happens. One more thing. Danica is stubborn, & wont search a new line in races when it is needed. She will just struggle & complain about the car. Jo will move her car around. Jo simply seems (when I listen to them both) more knowledgable about what the set ups & adjustments are doing. So being confident enough to push it balls to the wall for one lap, doesnt surprise me she gets a good lap. In a race a lot of times Danica talks to here Spotter or CC in a more of a questioning way. I think in hopes the CC will just fix the car on limited info. Where when I listened to Jo she goes into massive (some times lengthy) details
There shouldnt be anyway anyone could dream that the 70 team is better than the 7 team. No matter how outrageous the dream is.
Honestly I wasnt trying to come on here to bash Danica's racing ability. I just had to pipe in when I read it is because she has great cars when she beats Danica.

Like I said if you look at what not just you but other Danica fans are saying. If she does well it is all because of her. When she doesnt it is because of the car. (aka. excuses for Danica)
When someone pokes at you mentioning Jo Long. you say the only reason she does any good is because of she has a great car. Which by the way not even comparing that to any team. Just those words all by themselves makes me LOL. & when she doesnt do well it is because of her. (aka. excuses for Danica) I think SS14 mentioned they use RCR engines. Which I didnt know, but Danica's entire team is basically an HMS team! Anyways one of RCR's drivers Jeff Burton mentioned Jo needs to be on a better team. No one ever claims Danica needs a better team.
Before this thread, I couldnt have imagined anyone at all saying that the 7 team was worse than the 70. I have since been corrected. So now I will have to say. Only some die hard Danica Apologists could make that claim.

Bottom line put Danica in the 70 car & she would do worse than she does in the 7 car. Dont even worry about comparing Jo vs. Danica, since that wasnt my goal. I am comparing teams. If danica did worse in the 70 car then that would eliminate all the excuses. You notice you never see or hear from Tony Raines when he runs the 70 car. if it were the 70 "car" then Raines would be out qualifying those names you mentioned.

My honest opinion is I think when a poster baits some of you guys, you get so riled up to defend Danica, you kinda lose your minds at times. Well racer1 has never used his mind in his posts, but I find you to be a rational poster for the most part. We may agree at times & disagree at other times, but this comparison is extremely out there.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8950

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Rochelle wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:
Rochelle wrote:ribbitt



what is this, science class??


haha, no mj... I was only average in science classes. I believe Futura called me a toad so I just wanted to set the record straight, I'm a frog, not a toad. Funny how the ones that call us haters are the ones that call people names. And, for the record, I'm not a Danica hater. I'm just sick of the hype for average performance. But that's not a popular opinion so we get called names. I thought calling people names made you a hater, but apparently not. Oh, I forgot, we're ignorant too.


oh this is the same guy i called "hot shot." and he claimed i was insulting him, when i use that term as a friendly term, its the ol' double standard, i can insult you, but dont insult me back,
I miss you Frehley........
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 am

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Paulino you ever consider the reason she does better than Danica in qualifying.
A she understands stock cars better
B maybe she is just better at qualifying



Danica never was/is good in qualifying..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Another point back in the Day Loy Allen Jr could qualify his car on the pole against all the other cup drivers. Did mean he had top equipment. just meant he had a good qualifying package & could qualify well. No one would ever dream to say he had better cars than the cup veterans (because he didnt)


I dont say she has better car then Sadler.. I only say she has good car.. Many people said Johanna has crap car.. That is bull..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I fully expect Jo to struggle. She has only a handful of races in these cars. Danica has over 50 starts!
Also I have listened to both drivers in these races, & it is easily apparent that Jo understands the car much more than Danica. So when Danica cant figure out her car, & Jo is giving plenty of good info back. Doesnt surprise me whenever Jo does better. But also it doesnt surprise me when her team stinks either. Like I said I would love to see these two swap rides & see what happens. One more thing. Danica is stubborn, & wont search a new line in races when it is needed. She will just struggle & complain about the car. Jo will move her car around. Jo simply seems (when I listen to them both) more knowledgable about what the set ups & adjustments are doing. So being confident enough to push it balls to the wall for one lap, doesnt surprise me she gets a good lap. In a race a lot of times Danica talks to here Spotter or CC in a more of a questioning way. I think in hopes the CC will just fix the car on limited info. Where when I listened to Jo she goes into massive (some times lengthy) details
There shouldnt be anyway anyone could dream that the 70 team is better than the 7 team. No matter how outrageous the dream is.
Honestly I wasnt trying to come on here to bash Danica's racing ability. I just had to pipe in when I read it is because she has great cars when she beats Danica.


Johanna borns in stock cars.. Danica borns in openwheel cars.. IndyCar races are shorter and driver does not many changes in race.. Openwheeler in NASCAR must to learn different language and driver must to learn more talking about car.

Imho, Nigel Mansell is one of best open wheelers of history.. But he never understand his cars.. He was great driver, he never understand his cars, he never understand how setup car..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Like I said if you look at what not just you but other Danica fans are saying. If she does well it is all because of her. When she doesnt it is because of the car. (aka. excuses for Danica)
When someone pokes at you mentioning Jo Long. you say the only reason she does any good is because of she has a great car. Which by the way not even comparing that to any team. Just those words all by themselves makes me LOL. & when she doesnt do well it is because of her. (aka. excuses for Danica)


And? Johanna fans (or Danica haters) mentioned Johanna had great race in Bristol and Danica was horrible in Bristol.. Johanna finished 9 laps down and she was slowest on track, Danica finished 2 laps down..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think SS14 mentioned they use RCR engines. Which I didnt know, but Danica's entire team is basically an HMS team! Anyways one of RCR's drivers Jeff Burton mentioned Jo needs to be on a better team. No one ever claims Danica needs a better team.


Jeff Burton said many things..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Before this thread, I couldnt have imagined anyone at all saying that the 7 team was worse than the 70. I have since been corrected. So now I will have to say. Only some die hard Danica Apologists could make that claim.

Bottom line put Danica in the 70 car & she would do worse than she does in the 7 car. Dont even worry about comparing Jo vs. Danica, since that wasnt my goal. I am comparing teams. If danica did worse in the 70 car then that would eliminate all the excuses. You notice you never see or hear from Tony Raines when he runs the 70 car. if it were the 70 "car" then Raines would be out qualifying those names you mentioned.

My honest opinion is I think when a poster baits some of you guys, you get so riled up to defend Danica, you kinda lose your minds at times. Well racer1 has never used his mind in his posts, but I find you to be a rational poster for the most part. We may agree at times & disagree at other times, but this comparison is extremely out there.


Alan Kulwicki won championship in 1992.. He had worse team then Childress, Roush, Yates or Hendrick.. If team has chemistry sometimes make better job then better teams..

Imho 70 team improve her pitstops in Kentucky..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Johanna borns in stock cars.. Danica borns in openwheel cars.. IndyCar races are shorter and driver does not many changes in race.. Openwheeler in NASCAR must to learn different language and driver must to learn more talking about car.


I never argue this point. it is a valid point (why danica may not be as good with more exp in NW cars)

Imho 70 team improve her pitstops in Kentucky..


She lost positions on every pit stop. her pit crew is horrible. I dont blame them like I would ryan's crew, because she has part time guys with multiple tasks during the race. So I dont expect them to be very good.


We are gonna have to just realize there is no way we are gonna agree on this. If Jo's car handles better than Danicas (which I am not saying it does) you have to give Jo credit for that. She knows how to translate what the car is doing. its like you are dismissing her part of when she does have a fast car. there is no part of that car by itself that is superior to Danicas. it doesnt have more ponies, & it sure doesnt have the money into the suspension that danica's does.

Now I wont argue that Eury isnt much of a CC, because i never thought much of Eury as a CC, but it isnt like Jo has a rockstar either, or that guy would be with a better team as well.

You guys may not realize it, but you admit a lot that Jo is the better equipment in the seat.
Every time you point out that Jo has a better stock car knowledge. Who knows who any of us would claim is better 5 yrs from now.

Take Dale Jr for an example. In the years past he was pretty much dumb (for this level of racing) when trying to give feedback about what was wrong with the race car. This year he has done his homework & now can explain it much better. In the exact same equipment, he is night & day better this year than he was last year. If all you rely is stats to make a point you would claim his equipment is better this year than last, which isnt true. he is better! (the equipment in the seat) & he should get credit for his cars running better & faster.

Like I said we will just have to agree to disagree, because Danica will never be put in the 70 car. (she thinks its bad now, imagine her knowledge on that team) So without her going over there there isnt a way to show/prove to you, that it just might not be the car, but the input.

There isnt a single part of the 70 cars equipment that could compare to the 7's. there is a single part of the 70 cars team, that can compare to the 7's. & even you hardcore Danica fans would have to admit, the resources cant be even be measured how far off the teams are in that department.
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Johanna borns in stock cars.. Danica borns in openwheel cars.. IndyCar races are shorter and driver does not many changes in race.. Openwheeler in NASCAR must to learn different language and driver must to learn more talking about car.


I never argue this point. it is a valid point (why danica may not be as good with more exp in NW cars)

Imho 70 team improve her pitstops in Kentucky..


She lost positions on every pit stop. her pit crew is horrible. I dont blame them like I would ryan's crew, because she has part time guys with multiple tasks during the race. So I dont expect them to be very good.


We are gonna have to just realize there is no way we are gonna agree on this. If Jo's car handles better than Danicas (which I am not saying it does) you have to give Jo credit for that. She knows how to translate what the car is doing. its like you are dismissing her part of when she does have a fast car. there is no part of that car by itself that is superior to Danicas. it doesnt have more ponies, & it sure doesnt have the money into the suspension that danica's does.

Now I wont argue that Eury isnt much of a CC, because i never thought much of Eury as a CC, but it isnt like Jo has a rockstar either, or that guy would be with a better team as well.

You guys may not realize it, but you admit a lot that Jo is the better equipment in the seat.
Every time you point out that Jo has a better stock car knowledge. Who knows who any of us would claim is better 5 yrs from now.

Take Dale Jr for an example. In the years past he was pretty much dumb (for this level of racing) when trying to give feedback about what was wrong with the race car. This year he has done his homework & now can explain it much better. In the exact same equipment, he is night & day better this year than he was last year. If all you rely is stats to make a point you would claim his equipment is better this year than last, which isnt true. he is better! (the equipment in the seat) & he should get credit for his cars running better & faster.

Like I said we will just have to agree to disagree, because Danica will never be put in the 70 car. (she thinks its bad now, imagine her knowledge on that team) So without her going over there there isnt a way to show/prove to you, that it just might not be the car, but the input.

There isnt a single part of the 70 cars equipment that could compare to the 7's. there is a single part of the 70 cars team, that can compare to the 7's. & even you hardcore Danica fans would have to admit, the resources cant be even be measured how far off the teams are in that department.


Oh, Schnoopy, Schnoopy, Schnoopy..

I never said Johanna is bad driver.. I never said Johanna has better equipment than Danica.. I only said she has good car.. That means that car isnt best but isnt crap car..

Imho your example about Dale Jr is stupid, because best days he has before season 2005.. If it is true - He gave great feedback before season 2005, he gave bad feedback next 5 or 6 season and he give good feedback now.. WTF?
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4537

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

if you ever listened to his radio. it would be plain as day to you. Even he admits it.

DEI used to have one of the very best cars in the field. Steve Parks won in those cars, & when a washed up DW subbed for parks when Parks was injured. the year the fords were dominate, in that span only one Chevy out pointed DW. That was jeff gordon. Also in that span DW had the 7th most points of all the teams.

You are trying to comapre DEI cars to HMS cars & the old car to the New crappy #### COT car then say the example is stupid.

Focus on since he has been with HMS. (all the same equipment so taking that part out of the equation) It shows massively how important driver feeback is too how well they run. Dale jr is night & day better this year from last year. it is the simpliest example that can be given to you. Again & before you say BS to this "fact" Dale jr has admitted all this.

Last year when asked about is the car doing this or that, he would answer how the #### should I know, its your job to fix the car!!
This year he is communicating with the CC, about the car.
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Schmoopy1000 wrote:if you ever listened to his radio. it would be plain as day to you. Even he admits it.

DEI used to have one of the very best cars in the field. Steve Parks won in those cars, & when a washed up DW subbed for parks when Parks was injured. the year the fords were dominate, in that span only one Chevy out pointed DW. That was jeff gordon. Also in that span DW had the 7th most points of all the teams.

You are trying to comapre DEI cars to HMS cars & the old car to the New crappy #### COT car then say the example is stupid.

Focus on since he has been with HMS. (all the same equipment so taking that part out of the equation) It shows massively how important driver feeback is too how well they run. Dale jr is night & day better this year from last year. it is the simpliest example that can be given to you. Again & before you say BS to this "fact" Dale jr has admitted all this.

Last year when asked about is the car doing this or that, he would answer how the #### should I know, its your job to fix the car!!
This year he is communicating with the CC, about the car.


I dont compare DEI with HMS.. Dale Jr. stats said 19 wins, 17 with DEI, 2 with HMS.. He won 15 races to 2004.. He won 4 races from 2005.. Steve Park won only 2 races, Michael Waltrip won 4 or 5 races.. If he had bad feedback how he won 18 races.. I still dont understand..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
PreviousNext

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER