FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dover

<<

jenniferhershner

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Dover

Sorry, I spelled (Loudon), Louden.

Tony's fans want him to come out and say, I'm going to win Dover this weekend. We want that! He hates Dover. He doesn't do well at Dover.
We want that swagger. That Tony Stewart that's all class! I know that I sound like a Mom because I am one.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Re: Dover

jenniferhershner wrote:Sorry, I spelled (Loudon), Louden.

Tony's fans want him to come out and say, I'm going to win Dover this weekend. We want that! He hates Dover. He doesn't do well at Dover.
We want that swagger. That Tony Stewart that's all class! I know that I sound like a Mom because I am one.

Tony says he's gonna win Dover and does, i'll have to believe he was cheating as the #11 at Loudon, and you wouldn't want me to believe that would you? :lol:
<<

HRR

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Stat of the week: Tony's most recent trips to Dover have resulted in finishes of 21st, 29th, 25th and 25th.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 am

Tony will not be in my picks this week unless he can show me something in all of the practices and the qualifying...and even then I am not so sure.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:35 am

beaverpond wrote:Tony will not be in my picks this week unless he can show me something in all of the practices and the qualifying...and even then I am not so sure.

Sadly, I have to agree with you this time, Beaver. :(

I would love it if they schocked me in practice & qual!!! :shock: :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 am

Not looking forward to this weekend! Why Tony Stewart can't master Dover is beyond me.....he is talented enough to drive a cockroach with wheels and do it well...but Dover is his Achilles heel. :cry: :cry: Sometimes I think drivers get the "I can'ts ".......and they won't... :(

Our only hope is that maybe....(and that is a slim maybe) Steve ( who was the crew chief of Kurt B) has the secret plan in set ups for Dover. Kurt always did well at Dover.....TIME WILL TELL......
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Annalee wrote:Not looking forward to this weekend! Why Tony Stewart can't master Dover is beyond me.....he is talented enough to drive a cockroach with wheels and do it well...but Dover is his Achilles heel. :cry: :cry: Sometimes I think drivers get the "I can'ts ".......and they won't... :(

Our only hope is that maybe....(and that is a slim maybe) Steve ( who was the crew chief of Kurt B) has the secret plan in set ups for Dover. Kurt always did well at Dover.....TIME WILL TELL......

Don't think so. In the June race at Dover (with Steve on the box), Tony qualified 29th and finished 25th. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Sorry, Tony won't be in my picks for this race. Like Denny, he doesn't like this track but at least Denny talked to a sports psychologist this week. But I'll wait to see where Denny is after practices and qualifying. I made my prelim picks yesterday. I waited till Saturday to make my picks for Loudon and I came away with only 22 points. So I went back to making early picks with the mindset that it's a luckier strategy. Just goes to show how much of this is mental... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry, Tony won't be in my picks for this race. Like Denny, he doesn't like this track but at least Denny talked to a sports psychologist this week. But I'll wait to see where Denny is after practices and qualifying. I made my prelim picks yesterday. I waited till Saturday to make my picks for Loudon and I came away with only 22 points. So I went back to making early picks with the mindset that it's a luckier strategy. Just goes to show how much of this is mental... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Sports psychologist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it is not the same one Joey Logano used! You can see how well that has worked out!! I recommend Dr. Spock, that really could be useful to him. :)
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 pm

The #48,it's his turn this week and BK next week. :P
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 pm

The chassis Tony is running this weekend is the car he had at Bristol where he and Matty tangled. Hopefully there won't be another "helmet heard round the world" headline after the race Sunday.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Annalee wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Sorry, Tony won't be in my picks for this race. Like Denny, he doesn't like this track but at least Denny talked to a sports psychologist this week. But I'll wait to see where Denny is after practices and qualifying. I made my prelim picks yesterday. I waited till Saturday to make my picks for Loudon and I came away with only 22 points. So I went back to making early picks with the mindset that it's a luckier strategy. Just goes to show how much of this is mental... :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Sports psychologist :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it is not the same one Joey Logano used! You can see how well that has worked out!! I recommend Dr. Spock, that really could be useful to him. :)

While I like Joey, that's like comparing apples to oranges (literally) where talent is concerned. But I'd recommend Mr. Spock... :D

Live long and prosper Mr. Hamlin :mrgreen:
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm

If Denny needed to go to a sports psychologist, he shouldn't have put it out there for public knowledge. The Drs. advice to Denny was to find something about Dover and fall in love with it.....Really!!! :roll: Please.......and I am sure he paid good money for that! It plays right into JJ hands and the mind games they play between the two of them...JJ sees he's worried.....Dover, it's Denny's achilles heel......He knows Denny is worried enough about it to go to a Spts Psych and he loves it. JJ didn't even have to say a word. Mind games......... Remember Carl and Tony!
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Denny will be fine, this isn't the 2010 Denny, no one's in his head. He said he thought it was just the concrete that he couldn't get a handle on and then they found something on the concrete tracks this summer. Had a bad early Bristol race and won the next Bristol race. Had a bad early Dover race and believes they have something for this Dover race. JJ is good here and will be in my picks. We'll see how qualifying goes, that should be a pretty good indicator for everyone.

What's with the attitude about the psychologist? It's not a big deal. He doesn't care who knows or he wouldn't have mentioned it. He's doing what he thinks will help him improve at a track he hasn't run well at lately. JJ is a better person than you're giving him credit for. Unless you're JJ's psychologist, I doubt you know what's playing into JJ hands or that he's loving it. I don't think Denny will lose any sleep over what he pays for advice.

There are tons of athletes that go to sports psychologists. You act like it's a shameful thing, well shame on you. I thought you were a better person than that.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:09 pm

I think you need to re read it.......that isn't what I said at all! Cool your jets! I happen to like Denny....
Next

Return to Tony