FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Not Good Enough!

<<

jenniferhershner

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Not Good Enough!

Why would you set up the #14 car for short runs instead of long runs in Louden? Everyone knows it's a fuel milage race set up for long runs.
Last week sixth place was too short. Why Ryan didn't let Tony pass him for fifth I'll never know. Do you understand that you have Tony Stewart as your driver? It doesn't get any better than that! What is your problem? It's not him! Get out there and win. I'm tired of having to give you guys a what for. I have a family to take care of. Give us a break!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: Not Good Enough!

He was not happy on the radio for sure. Said after the checkered flag "I'm disappointed all the way around. We can't do this s**t."
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 am

I just can't figure out how you can take a First place car..........and adjust it down to nothing but a pile of sheet metal on four tires :evil: that even a talented driver like Tony can't manhandle....wouldn't want to be in the meeting this week! :( :(
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 am

grubb knew what he was doing yesterday <snicker>
<<

osoblu

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Color me confused. Take a new car and adjust it for the short runs when this track is known for long runs. 7th place won't get you a championship and we have Dover this week a track that Tony usually finishes in the 20's OUCH!
<<

HRR

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Last time he was at Dover... what happened... he qualified 29th.. and got in a big wreck on lap 2.. I think I may not watch the race this week... if anything... it will just be a repeat.. Jimmie winning.. and Tony crashing... does not make for good TV or racing.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:13 pm

There's only one of two teams going to win the championship anyways,one drives a Chevy and the other a Toyota,one at HMS and the other at JGR.The show was #14 and #99 last year,now we can't have it our way all the time now can we? Look at the bright side,a third team could spoil the whole thing and surprise all of us.Little too soon to throw in the towel here,wait till after Dega!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 pm

michaeljohn wrote:grubb knew what he was doing yesterday <snicker>

...why can't SHR get guys like that???? ;) :lol: :lol: ... :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

gkbacb

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:20 am

wolfgang wrote:There's only one of two teams going to win the championship anyways,one drives a Chevy and the other a Toyota,one at HMS and the other at JGR.The show was #14 and #99 last year,now we can't have it our way all the time now can we? Look at the bright side,a third team could spoil the whole thing and surprise all of us.Little too soon to throw in the towel here,wait till after Dega!

Let's just hope the lonely Dodge doesn't sneak in there.
<<

HRR

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:05 pm

I would not count out Tony just yet.. Dover will be his mulligan. Now, on the other hand, Dover can be a really bad place for many of these chasers .. say, if there was a wreck.. or such.. you never know... that track is known for some big ones... there is no where to hide there... so, we, will just have to wait and see... but, I don't want to watch another race, where one guys stinks up the show.. like this past week...

I seen someone say in another topic about maybe the 11 cheating... ####, I was thinking that when I was watching the race.. every restart.. Denny..just CHECKED OUT! I have never seen 1 driver ..just check out at that track ..ever... I think Jimmie was scratching his head on that same thought. Like Jr said... 6th and 7th place finishes will not win the cup.. 1,2, and 3rd's will help.. that is why.. JJ is the leader now. 2 seconds.. back to back, kinda just like last year with Tony.. same principal. All I have to say is that Tony and Steve, really need to get a win at Dover... And stop the 11 train from running them over, and making Tony look like a fool for canning Darian Grubb. Tony, Needs to focus on his team.. and their abilities.. which they have proven to be.. Championship ready, and winners. Can't blame it all on Steve at this point, but, with the news of the sponsors leaving.... I do believe that has a lot to do with the performance on the track... I know if I lost millions of dollars in Sponsors... and had a fleet of people to take care of.. it would be a BIG distraction!
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:47 pm

They were saying Tony was cheating last year and JJ the years before that. When JJ wins, he checks out too. So does Tony. So why is it that they have to be cheating? Not everybody is 100% every race day. It's just not possible with the number of weeks they work in a year. That means that not only the drivers, but the crew chiefs, car chiefs, pit crew and everyone one else connected to that has a good chance of having an "off" day. When it seems like it takes forever for the 2nd place car to come across the finish line, fact is, it's usually just a few seconds. Sour grapes... If it was Tony, all I'd be hearing right about now is whooping and hollering... Just sayin...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:40 pm

gkbacb wrote:
wolfgang wrote:There's only one of two teams going to win the championship anyways,one drives a Chevy and the other a Toyota,one at HMS and the other at JGR.The show was #14 and #99 last year,now we can't have it our way all the time now can we? Look at the bright side,a third team could spoil the whole thing and surprise all of us.Little too soon to throw in the towel here,wait till after Dega!

Let's just hope the lonely Dodge doesn't sneak in there.

Hoping,#### i'm praying he does! :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Rochelle wrote:They were saying Tony was cheating last year and JJ the years before that. When JJ wins, he checks out too. So does Tony. So why is it that they have to be cheating? Not everybody is 100% every race day. It's just not possible with the number of weeks they work in a year. That means that not only the drivers, but the crew chiefs, car chiefs, pit crew and everyone one else connected to that has a good chance of having an "off" day. When it seems like it takes forever for the 2nd place car to come across the finish line, fact is, it's usually just a few seconds. Sour grapes... If it was Tony, all I'd be hearing right about now is whooping and hollering... Just sayin...

Tony wasn't cheating last year Darian was,that's why Denny is running so well this year. :lol:

Return to Tony