FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica finishes 14th two laps down

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am

Danica finishes 14th two laps down

First race with Ryan Pemberton was not a good one. She complained of being very loose the whole day. Then her water temps were up to 270 which is why she pitted early that one time. Then the caution came out which caught her two laps down (she was on the lead lap before that). They did eventually get the car better. But it was too late. She was the first car two laps down.

That isn't the best start for a new driver-cc relationship. But Pemberton was 100% better than Eury Jr on the radios. He actually took in what she was saying and the car actually got better! And he was being a good coach to her. And that is what Danica needs: a coach. Danica has the talent to be a good stockcar driver. What she lacks is the ability to weave in and out of traffic. She was like 18th most of the day so there were a lot of cars around here. Pemberton was coaching her on how to handle that.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:46 am

Re: Danica finishes 14th two laps down

Sorry SS14, but I'm so tired of the Danica hype. She's run too many races to be where she is. If anyone had any sense, they'd make her stay in NW until she starts improving. And yes, that means SHR needs to get a clue. JLong deserves a good ride. Look at her improvement and tell me Danica is a better bet. If you can say that with a straight face, you're the worlds best poker player. Please, give credit where credit is due. Put JLong in competitive equipment and she'll run circles around Danica.

And don't throw Tony's words in my face either, about leaving her alone to do what she needs to do. He's not stupid, he knew the media attention and scrutiny that would come with her. If anyone knows what the media is about, it's Tony. I can't wait till next year when she's thrown in his face by them. I can't wait to hear what he says about that. But, I know most folks here will defend it. 1, because it's Tony's team and 2, because it's Danica. Tony has done well in NASCAR, that cannot be disputed. But why he's done so well can. Personally, I think it's because of his will to win and his dirt track background. Count them, not too many open wheel drivers do well in NASCAR. I have no problem with anyone that supports Danica. What I have a problem with is people that can't or refuse to see her short comings. When her supporters can be honest with her progress, then I may change my mind.

The only woman that deserves a shot in NASCAR, at this point, is Johanna. Period, end of story.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:53 am

Geez, Rochelle. Werent you a little hard on the Beav?
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:30 am

Rochelle wrote:Sorry SS14, but I'm so tired of the Danica hype. She's run too many races to be where she is. If anyone had any sense, they'd make her stay in NW until she starts improving. And yes, that means SHR needs to get a clue. JLong deserves a good ride. Look at her improvement and tell me Danica is a better bet. If you can say that with a straight face, you're the worlds best poker player. Please, give credit where credit is due. Put JLong in competitive equipment and she'll run circles around Danica.

And don't throw Tony's words in my face either, about leaving her alone to do what she needs to do. He's not stupid, he knew the media attention and scrutiny that would come with her. If anyone knows what the media is about, it's Tony. I can't wait till next year when she's thrown in his face by them. I can't wait to hear what he says about that. But, I know most folks here will defend it. 1, because it's Tony's team and 2, because it's Danica. Tony has done well in NASCAR, that cannot be disputed. But why he's done so well can. Personally, I think it's because of his will to win and his dirt track background. Count them, not too many open wheel drivers do well in NASCAR. I have no problem with anyone that supports Danica. What I have a problem with is people that can't or refuse to see her short comings. When her supporters can be honest with her progress, then I may change my mind.

The only woman that deserves a shot in NASCAR, at this point, is Johanna. Period, end of story.

Nope, Johanna isnt better than Danica.. Her crew chief is very talented and give her great cars.. If Johanna isnt comfortable with track she is horrible - both Bristol races, both Chicagoland races.. Danica's problem is loose car.. She needs dirt track experience.. That is more important than another NW season..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 am

Long is a rookie, they only take her to tracks they think she can handle, not to mention she is only 20 and has the same talent of danica, danica's ego would not allow her to stay in the NW series, if she really wanted to succeed, she would have started with arca for a year, then the trucks, and NW, now just because tony jr got fired, it is his fault danica ran bad, which is b.s. she runs bad, because she is over her head, and to be out of the top ten in the NW series when there are just a hand full of teams that are good says something, she spent the summer crashing, and no one will blame her for that, there will have to be a point and time when the excuses have to stop, and accountability is placed, and the fact she wants to drive the 500 next year, shows it is all about her, not about learning nascar or caring about the team, she should commit to one or the other and not bounce around, and she should show respect to SHR and not worry about the indy 500.
but people get sucked into the hoopla and think she can do no wrong, she can, she is human
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:23 am

did I just read that the 70 team puts out great race cars?!?!?!?!?
....Image
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:38 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:did I just read that the 70 team puts out great race cars?!?!?!?!?
....Image

She passed Denny Hamlin in Richmond :!: :!: :!: :!: .. She beats many great cars in her qualification runs.. That means she has good cars or she is much better than Jimmie Johnson because JJ was doing bad with crap cars..
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:09 pm

michaeljohn wrote:Long is a rookie, they only take her to tracks they think she can handle, not to mention she is only 20 and has the same talent of danica, danica's ego would not allow her to stay in the NW series, if she really wanted to succeed, she would have started with arca for a year, then the trucks, and NW, now just because tony jr got fired, it is his fault danica ran bad, which is b.s. she runs bad, because she is over her head, and to be out of the top ten in the NW series when there are just a hand full of teams that are good says something, she spent the summer crashing, and no one will blame her for that, there will have to be a point and time when the excuses have to stop, and accountability is placed, and the fact she wants to drive the 500 next year, shows it is all about her, not about learning nascar or caring about the team, she should commit to one or the other and not bounce around, and she should show respect to SHR and not worry about the indy 500.
but people get sucked into the hoopla and think she can do no wrong, she can, she is human

Danica's ego? Blah Blah..

I watched live timing and Danica's times was very good in second half.. She doesnt need Arca or Truck. She needs dirt track experience - big dirt track testing program..

Johanna is NASCAR's Simona de Silvestro.. Simona had great first year because she had Mike Cannon.. Cannon is great engineer and he gave her great cars.. He left team before season 2011.. After that she was/is struggling (except two races).. Pagenaud replaced her for one race (Sonoma 2011) and he showed car wasnt problem, but problem was Simona..

Imho Johanna shows - she doesnt handle hardest tracks.. Danica does.. Johanna has talent, but Danica is better..
Last edited by palino_s on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

racer1

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Ok--while I been staying away from all this crap again --now seeing these nonsense uninformed comments about poor Johanna Long--heres some facts so wakeup and pay attention:

1--She was raised around stock cars, dirt tracks etc and has raced against most these young nascar bloodlines guys like Dillon and most others for yrs and beat them on occasion like the Snowball Derby that she WON a few yrs ago. She has been called the female version of the Dillons and others only without the rich family or big team connections.
2 She has RCR equip, it IS the same car and motor that the Dillons and Sadler use so cut the crap that she has bad equip. Whos winning most the races these days besides Cup guys, its Dillon in his RCR equip or Sadler--same equip--same os johanna drives.
3 The announcers said during the race Johannna has tested recently and IS working WITH RCR and the 3 car to get better at bigger tracks and it showed as she said over her radio that her car had NEVER been better and was great during the race meaning HER crew knows how to set up her car, unlike the 7 crew for sure.
4--Now the LOW funding aspect is that they dont have all the funds to have a FULL crew and some guys do double duty and some fly in for races and they dont have a big shop etc but that doesnt affect the race car although she has issues with pit stops because of her short handed 7 man crew at times. However, for those who dont care to pay attention, Danicas pit stops are well over 16 to over 20 seconds more often then 14 to 15 second stops which are rare for the 7 car.

So to sum up:
1-RCR which Johanna has is winning more races in NNS then Hendricks engines which Danica has as the car and engines dont matter if the cars setup isnt right-or the drivers is lacking the proper background and stock car experience in the cars--period.
2-Johanna is bragging about how great her car is during the race and when if ever has Danica said anything close to that other then Daytona maybe?
3-Johanna has the stock car, Dirt track and short track background Danica does NOT have--a big deal.
4-Johanna obviously has a good CC that knows how to give her a good car, as its her low funded crew and lack of available parts for repairs and pit stops that is her weakness.

Bottom line--Danica will probably NEVER be as good as Johanna for these reasons as it took Hornish 4 1/2 yrs 145 races to finally win a NNS race. Danica right now has the equivalant in NNs of 1 1/2 yrs only--52 races + 6 cup races--big difference-- but lets jump on Danica every race for not being able to magically develop those skills that come natural for drivers like Johanna and all the male young drivers who had stock car wheels in their hands along with their spoons.

Oh well believe what you want as its said, you cant stop the haters from hating but at least get your facts straight before posting crap once again.. BTW--while Ive been against Danica going to Cup, now Iam actually thinking thats the best idea as her Cup team hopefully will be better at giving her a good car as it cant get much worse form this NNS team, as jr motorsports is having serious issues financially and otherwise and hard to say what their future holds anyway--sad for them--thats all. 8-) NO Iam not sticking around to further debate this crap about drivers and apples to onion comparisons as its not an even comparison.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:43 pm

cant believe some of you are actually trying to make a case between the 7 team & the 70 team as to make a case for Danica.
Put Danica in the 70 car & sees what happens.
I am sure Jo would love to swap teams.

but I am sorry. Saying the 70 car puts great cars on the track is simply funny :mrgreen:

I was staying away from this thread as best I could but Holy crap batman, some of you Danica fans have gone to a whole new lost your ever lovin' minds!!!

Only reason why Jo did anything good is because of a great car. When she doesnt do good it is because of her, yet Danica with all the support you could imagine, when she does well it is because of her & when she doesnt it is because of her car. (just the exact opposite)

then you try to make believe you are making sense LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Logic is lost on these people Schmoop and MJ. I said what I wanted to say and really don't care about their opinions. And that's just what they are, opinions with no basis in logic. I'm sure we'll hear nothing but complaints about her team next year cause her sucking won't be her fault. Do I think she'll surprise me? Not at all.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Rochelle wrote:Logic is lost on these people Schmoop and MJ. I said what I wanted to say and really don't care about their opinions. And that's just what they are, opinions with no basis in logic. I'm sure we'll hear nothing but complaints about her team next year cause her sucking won't be her fault. Do I think she'll surprise me? Not at all.

I wasnt trying to bash Danica at all. I was gonna leave it alone, but I had to comment about the silly stuff I am reading about the 70 team LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:39 pm

basically they wanna compare a woman who drove open wheel, who only lead laps when it came to fuel millage, to a young gal that is a pure rookie in NW series who has lesser equipment but the same talent and is ten years younger, that grey hair tony was sporting today, will come in more fuller when danica struggles to be in the top 35 in points, but then again, it wont be her fault, she never makes mistakes...
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:18 pm

The only thing i got is,guess it wasn't the C/C ! :mrgreen: Where did the #88 finish,you know the young guy no one talks about on the same team with less experiance? Oh yeah,Cole Whitt! 8-) Just keepin it real! :)
<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 am

"Saying the 70 car puts great cars on the track is simply funny"

Ok I got bored but still LMAO as Iam not sure if you people are stupid or maybe ignorant is the better word as that means not having the ability to learn or understand anything. Do you think Richard Childress gives Johanna his used junk cars and motors--WAKE up--its the same exact equip that Sadler and Dillon drive and any other RCR driver and Iam sure Richard childress wouldnt like people saying hes giving Johanna bad equip. The fact Johanna has gotten used to the car now and she is qualifying well and is running better is for sure because her CC is learning how to set her car up, as she has said and with her short track and dirt track experience she should be good.

Do any of you have the ability to figure out that Dale jr and Kelly wouldnt fire their relatives CC's and part owners unless they had NO other options because their cars are NOT competitive going back yrs even when many Cup and other drivers were in the 7 car and other cars at times including Jr himself and none had any better resullts then Danicas 4th, other then a win with Brad K --2 yrs ago. The nascar anylists today said the main problem was that the Eurys refused or have never used all the Hendrick resourses that were available and thats why the cars arent competitive as they should be and why the Eurys were FIRED--plain and simple for anyone with a brain to understand the facts. They also said Pemberton WAS hired for that reason as he has a good relationship with Hendricks and will use all their resources to make the cars better, which leads me to believe maybe that Rick Hendricks who Is part owner as well is the one who demanded these changes as the CC's inability to make Jr motorsports cars competitive are making his Hendricks equip look bad. Bottom line-- Danica is not expected to win given how long it took Hornish, but they thought Whitt might win like other young drivers have with his dirt track and short track background but while he is better, he still cant do any more with his crap car either.

Turn your Tv on sometime and actually watch a race or nascar news and you might learn something as anything Danica is all over the news, for those who can understand it that is?

I'll be seeing Tony S when hes here at Phoenix and I will have him look in at this forum representing SHR of the most ignorant posts and comments Ive ever seen with no common sense or logic of basic understanding of the facts or maybe its just simply hate or jealousy of Danica--not sure which? You people need to go get a life as Danica has a great one living her dreams with fame and fortune beyond belief, but maybe thats what bothers some of you the most--because you're stuck in your boring lives or jobs with nothing to look forward to so you resent someone like Danica who has it all and you never will--boo Hoo. Heres a clue--constantly criticizing & trashing someone who has made a huge successfull career in every way only makes you look pathetic and sad. :roll:
Next

Return to Danica