FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who WON'T win the chase

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: Who WON'T win the chase

Supposedly just rolled off the transporter at Loudon......you have to love the smell of a new car. :D

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

austin024

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
austin024 wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:In keeping with the original title...Who WON'T win the Chase??.....Casey Mears. :P

and jamie mac. lol

Right now Jeff Gordon and him have the same chance to win the championship: none whatsoever :mrgreen: .

I know your a Gordon fanboy and whatever. And you will annoy us to death with that. But he has no chance to win the championship unless all 11 guys in front of him have trouble. And that is not going to happen! He is pretty much a race out of the lead and nearly half a race behind the 11th place car. He is going to be blessed to finish 10th at this point.

Actually Jeff has a 1/12 chance to win. Theres 9 races to go. If memory recalls, Back in 2004 Jimmie was around 250 + points from first and made a charge and only lost the title by 8. So you are irrelevant. Also over the last 10-12 races, Jeff was 2nd among drivers to accumulate points. Jeff was 62 points behind 10th place in points after the sonoma race. He overcame drivers like Ryan newman, Kyle busch, Joey etc. Top tier drivers and teams. Cant count out any driver till their mathematically proven out.

I am who I am, If you dont like me. You Can kiss my ####
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:46 pm

The picture wont really be clear enough to start making good guesses until after Wild card Sunday (dega) You could have 11 drivers wreck out & the one guy left win it, for all we know.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes, Dega is the true wild card. Too many races to go to predict anything. We'll see where they stand after the carnage that is called Dega...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Who ever finishes second on back won't win the chase! :mrgreen:
Honestly i don't #2 have a favorite driver #2 that i'm pulling for,but it would be nice to see #29 if ever a snowball chance in RCR land would allow themselves to pull their heads out their Ashes!
OK,Tony would be good too! ;)
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 am

wolfgang wrote:Who ever finishes second on back won't win the chase! :mrgreen:
Honestly i don't #2 have a favorite driver #2 that i'm pulling for,but it would be nice to see #29 if ever a snowball chance in RCR land would allow themselves to pull their heads out their Ashes!
OK,Tony would be good too! ;)

:mrgreen:
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:32 am

i found it funny how at the begining of the year, everybody was counting JJ out of the chase, because he only got 3 points in daytona, but in the next 3 races he scored over 32 points to be in the top ten, so it isnt impossible for gordon to make that up, and he is starting off on a good foot tday winning the poll......

he really has nothing to prove, 86 or 87 wins, that is nuts even in todays nascar, JJ is the closest with 60, and im not sure he will even match that, or anyone else, because the competition is just too tough.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:12 am

michaeljohn wrote:i found it funny how at the begining of the year, everybody was counting JJ out of the chase, because he only got 3 points in daytona, but in the next 3 races he scored over 32 points to be in the top ten, so it isnt impossible for gordon to make that up, and he is starting off on a good foot tday winning the poll......

he really has nothing to prove, 86 or 87 wins, that is nuts even in todays nascar, JJ is the closest with 60, and im not sure he will even match that, or anyone else, because the competition is just too tough.

well getting in the top ten isnt what they are saying about Gordon. Getting to 1st is what I was talking about. How many weeks did it take JJ to get to 1st after daytona? More than 9?
I dont think he has to prove anything either. As he does hold the modern era record for wins.
However he hasnt shown the ability to get to 1st all year, & now he has spotted an entire race to the leader & has only 9 weeks to make it up. Yes he mathematically can still win it. I am talking probability. I am willing to bet he doesnt. For those hoping on a wing & a prayer, there is always dega!
ImageImageImage
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:19 am

I think there are only three teams as well that have a real shot at the championship.

Jimmie Johnson..... I mean lets face it, it sucks to admit it but this is the best team in the sport.

Denny Hamlin...... I think Denny will be a player, but he has to just do his thing and race. I think he gets inside his own head sometimes and makes too many mistakes. As long as he can keep his head clear he will be a contender.

Brad Keselowski...... I like him and hes good. I need no other reason. lol
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:i found it funny how at the begining of the year, everybody was counting JJ out of the chase, because he only got 3 points in daytona, but in the next 3 races he scored over 32 points to be in the top ten, so it isnt impossible for gordon to make that up, and he is starting off on a good foot tday winning the poll......

well getting in the top ten isnt what they are saying about Gordon. Getting to 1st is what I was talking about. How many weeks did it take JJ to get to 1st after daytona? More than 9?
I dont think he has to prove anything either. As he does hold the modern era record for wins.
However he hasnt shown the ability to get to 1st all year, & now he has spotted an entire race to the leader & has only 9 weeks to make it up. Yes he mathematically can still win it. I am talking probability. I am willing to bet he doesnt. For those hoping on a wing & a prayer, there is always dega!

it only took him 3 weeks, phoenix, cali, vegas....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 pm

JJ had the points lead by week 4?
Wow!
But the 24 team isnt the 48 team :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am

well i guess denny put a dent in your theory,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 am

^^^ replace theory with prediction......
<<

HTower

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:00 pm

after loudon.gif
after loudon.gif (18.97 KiB) Viewed 698 times

Is this sort of thing helpful to watch how drivers are doing week to week? Any other columns I should add?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Ahhhhh - a fellow spreadsheet fanatic! ;) :lol:

I use Excel for tracking all kinds of things... love that program. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing