FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WTG Ryan Blaney

<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm

WTG Ryan Blaney

3rd start in trucks and he wins!

Way to go Ryan! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:53 am

Re: WTG Ryan Blaney

Wow that is amazing. The dude is such a talent. So happy that someone that young could win that quick. He was just amazing on those restarts. I have seen a few drivers take to big time NASCAR quickly. Kyle Busch finishing 2nd in his first nationwide start, Joey Logano winning in his third nationwide start, Jamie McMurray and Trevor Bayne winning in their second cup starts. But unlike McMurray and Bayne having had a two seasons of nationwide under their belt, and the rawness in shrub and Loagno, Ryan in such a little amount of time has shown the poise of a veteran. Those last restarts were amazing. He rattled off great starts back to back to back. Parker never won in the 29 and Brad has had trouble closing the deal in that truck. Yet he comes in and pulls if off in style. Other than when he wrecked at Darlington I haven't seen him make a mistake yet. He has a great future.

That being said, this puts Parker Kilgerman (who had the truck to beat) in a bad spot. He deserves a shot at Penske. But it seems like Ryan has pretty much took his place. Kligerman's driver development contract is done there. I guess they are just going to focus on Ryan now.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Yes,congrads Ryan and to BK for finally getting someone in his truck to get his first win as an owner. ;) BTW,congrads to BK for winning the first race of the chase and hopefully this is just the start. 8-) Whoops, did i say that? :mrgreen:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

LeslieO

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Ryan is definitely talented. I haven't seen a truck race in a while but saw this one. Fun to watch and I'm happy for him.

Wolfgang-- I've been telling a friend of mine for 2-3 years that Brad K was going to be the Cup champion sooner than later. It's not popular with my local NASCAR buddies, but I like Brad. Now that he's there, seriously contending for the Cup, though, I'm not feeling so enthusiastic. I think maybe I feel like once he starts, he won't stop...not sounding so good to me all of a sudden...there's gotta be room for Tony to get #4 (and #5...)... :mrgreen: :lol:
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:57 am

Ryan gave a great interview last night. He will be a great asset to NASCAR. One can tell he comes from a long line of racers as he hasn't missed a thing.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:52 pm

He's also polite and well spoken, like Bill Elliott's son Chase. Two up and coming stars :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Rochelle wrote:He's also polite and well spoken, like Bill Elliott's son Chase. Two up and coming stars :D

I haven't seen Chase in an interview yet but Ryan Blanley reminded me of Adam Petty. I just adored that kid as he was such a pleasant and outgoing young man. I miss him. He just seemed like he knew who he was and where he was going just like Ryan. It is a real pleasure to watch the young ones get started.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:37 pm

It's refreshing to see that the "gentlemen" drivers are passing their manners along with their talent. I'm not saying they never did anything wrong during their races, but both boys are sons of classy drivers and it shows, at least in my opinion. 8-)
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:50 pm

The whole Blaney family are good people, can remember when Dave use to run with the WOO.Dave has never won in Cup,but had two near wins that were lost due to pit crew mistakes,one was a wheel that came off as i recall.The onion stated Ryan is better than his dad,well dad has never had a good ride so who's to say.Ryan has little to no dirt racing experiance and his asphault experiance has proved well this past weekend.The cautions kept making me nervous for him,but he pulled it off and i was impressed he didn't let the pressure of the onion behind him get to him.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:33 am

wolfgang wrote:The whole Blaney family are good people, can remember when Dave use to run with the WOO.Dave has never won in Cup,but had two near wins that were lost due to pit crew mistakes,one was a wheel that came off as i recall.The onion stated Ryan is better than his dad,well dad has never had a good ride so who's to say.Ryan has little to no dirt racing experiance and his asphault experiance has proved well this past weekend.The cautions kept making me nervous for him,but he pulled it off and i was impressed he didn't let the pressure of the onion behind him get to him.

He'da done 200 times more in a Cup car than Bodine ever did if he'd ever gotten a good ride, I agree. People can say "Well he drove for Childress in the 30 in '04 and '07 in '05" but everyone knows Childress's team was in an immense flux in '04 and '05, they had one win on the Cup side (2 and 21 Busch cars ran real well though). If Dave had gotten the shot with Hendrick, Roush, or Gibbs, he'da won a lot of races in my opinion. The way he elevated Bill Davis' second car and Jasper Motorsports kinda showed his ability.

Proud for Ryan and thanks for the Chase Elliott mention, Rochelle. We're very excited about him here in Georgia.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The whole Blaney family are good people, can remember when Dave use to run with the WOO.Dave has never won in Cup,but had two near wins that were lost due to pit crew mistakes,one was a wheel that came off as i recall.The onion stated Ryan is better than his dad,well dad has never had a good ride so who's to say.Ryan has little to no dirt racing experiance and his asphault experiance has proved well this past weekend.The cautions kept making me nervous for him,but he pulled it off and i was impressed he didn't let the pressure of the onion behind him get to him.

He'da done 200 times more in a Cup car than Bodine ever did if he'd ever gotten a good ride, I agree. People can say "Well he drove for Childress in the 30 in '04 and '07 in '05" but everyone knows Childress's team was in an immense flux in '04 and '05, they had one win on the Cup side (2 and 21 Busch cars ran real well though). If Dave had gotten the shot with Hendrick, Roush, or Gibbs, he'da won a lot of races in my opinion. The way he elevated Bill Davis' second car and Jasper Motorsports kinda showed his ability.

Proud for Ryan and thanks for the Chase Elliott mention, Rochelle. We're very excited about him here in Georgia.

Always felt back when Dave drove the Jack Daniels car for RCR it was just a test car and he was part of the start up team for Bowyer. Never been much of a Bodine fan and outside the Truck series,the onion never impressed me for sure.Dave has alot of talent i believe also and thou he's quite,he really is a nice down to earth person-where the onion has proven many times to be a jerk! :lol:

Return to NASCAR & Racing