FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR Contenders Live in Chicago

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:15 am

NASCAR Contenders Live in Chicago

For those of you who might not have seen it, they had the NASCAR Contenders Live in Chicago at the House of Blues yesterday, 9/12. I was there and I must say, Clint Bowyer was hilarious. I'm hoping they don't edit out too much of his stuff. The fans were eating it up. And they kept picking on Kasey something fierce. At one point a fan from the audience yelled out, "I'll babysit" meaning she'll babysit Kasey... that tells you how bad the drivers were picking on him.

It's replaying on Speed tonight at 7pm and not sure if any other networks because I know ESPN was there too and others.

It's worth watching it.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: NASCAR Contenders Live in Chicago

watching it now.
I died laughing when they asked who whines the most LOL.
Everyone kinda looks around & Denny literally points at Jeff & says Jeff is!!!
The Jeff admits it & everyone pretty much agrees.
When Denny says yeah if you dont get immediately out of Jeffs way then you have your spotter saying for 5 laps the 24 is whining you are holding him up LOL. It got lots of laughs. Then JJ jumped in on Jeff & Jeff said he taught JJ everything he knows LOL
Good fun.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm

you guys are right. Bowyer has me in tears :mrgreen:

Always go to dinner with Jeff Gordon........ you'll get a discount LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:you guys are right. Bowyer has me in tears :mrgreen:

Always go to dinner with Jeff Gordon........ you'll get a discount LOL

Hahaha, it's on again right now and I'm watching it again. Really too funny!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:59 pm

JJ wimped out of the final question. Com'on dude have a back bone. it was in fun you werent gonna hurt someones feelings. who is the "one" guy that is the biggest competition. he said everybody.
#### Kasey said definitely not clint! LOL if that didnt hurt a guys feelings picking one guy wasnt gonna.
ImageImageImage
<<

NASCARNan

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:39 pm

I set the DVR to tape it as I didn't want to forget about it. I was rolling and laughing at all of them. I think it was just as good as After the Lap last year in Vegas. That would be great if the would have replayed After the Lap on TV (at least I don't think they did). We attended in person
NASCAR Nan
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:54 am

I agree it was great, but they cut out so much of the good stuff that it made me very sad. I see now what they are all about. Sure, some of it was funny, especially Clint, but it was sooooo much better live. They cut out all the crap they put Kasey through and only touched on the stuff Clint said. The event was over an hour and a half long and they cut it down to literally minutes once you add in all the race coverage they inserted. Plus, Chris sat down with Mike Helton before the 12 came on stage and that really was a great interview. I wish they would have shown some of it!

I noticed that the After the Lap tickets were on sale for this November's Champions Week. I looked to see what was available and if I had had the money I could have had front row! A little bummed but I'll consider it for next year. I watched last years After the Lap on YouTube. That show had me in stitches!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 am

I watched what was on TV and thought probably most of the good stuff was cut just like the roast they did of Harvick last year. Clint has a wild sense of humor and I'll bet no one really knows when he is going to let it rip. I've watched Chris Meyers since he was a newbie on ESPN and always loved the catch phrase "We only say that because we care". SURE HE DOES....... ;)
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

LeslieO

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

I managed to miss this, even though it was replayed. My DVR is on my hit list. :evil:

I'm going to look for clips on youtube. Sounds like it was hilarious. I must see the bit about Jeff being the whiner. Love that he at least owned up to it. :lol: I've teased my grandma (his biggest fan) for years about how he whines. She is in total denial. ;)
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:33 am

:( I missed it.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."

Return to NASCAR & Racing