FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes sixth

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Tony finishes sixth

He had a very fast car. Made his way to the top ten in 50 laps. If not for having a vibration and going a lap down and having to do the wave around after a caution came out after a pit stop he could have had a chance at the win.

Great performance overall, but can't have Keselowski and Johnson finishing ahead of him. He is only eight points behind Keselowski and five behind Johnson so he is still very much in the hunt.

Loudon is a great track for him hope he can get another win. If he wins three more races he will reach 50 wins which is a great milestone.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:28 am

Re: Tony finishes sixth

Great finish for Smoke considering he had to start towards the back and then restart there again after the double-pit stop.

He passed a lot of cars yesterday... some of them, more than once!! ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am

Reminded me of Homestead :).... I really think Tony passed more cars yesterday. He kept his head in the game, focused, with the same "We can do this" attitude......that is what won him the last Championship!! Tony is very, very confident and the longer he drove the car the better it got! His descriptions of the handling of his car are very detailed to Steve. Both Steve and Robert (Eye in the sky) are feeding Tony more detailed info, too....they all have stepped up their game.. I'd say they are in it to....WIN IT !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:45 am

Was a nice start to the Chase, sure glad the hub wasn't broken (why they came back for the second pit stop, they needed to look at it) or they'da been back there with Gordon when it was all said and done.

Ten sixth-place finishes might not win them the Chase (see: 2011) but it's a definite improvement over where they were at some of the other 1.5-milers. They're headed the right way instead of regressing like in 2009. Hopefully the rebound lasts longer than it did in 2010 when they fell off the map by the midpoint of the Chase. As long as they're running good, anything can happen.

Not excited about Loudon, they were awful there in July (at one point Tony came on the radio and said he was gonna find every Goodyear engineer in the place and strangle them) and their flat-track program has been hit or miss. Obviously Richmond is an encouraging sign, but what works for Richmond under the lights won't necessarily work for a sun-baked New Hampshire.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.

Return to Tony