FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4526

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 pm

Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Ryan Hunter Reay turned down Penske out of loyalty to Andretti & his team,according to Robin Miller. he resigned with Andretti & his sponsors wanted him back.

How often can you say you heard of someone turning down a Penske Indy car ride?
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

I thought he should have gone to Penske. But I understand completely why he didn't.

There was a time when Hunter Reay didn't have a ride and Andretti decided to give him a chance. Even when sponsorship was running low (IZOD also helped out too).

Now he wants to show he appreciates that by being loyal to him. Andretti has lost a few drivers to bigger teams. The late Dan Wheldon went to Ganassi right after he won a title for Andretti. And after Franchitti's NASCAR adventure he raced for Ganassi in Indycars. So Hunter Reay has decided that he wants to stick with them.

But if you want to win the Indy 500, a Ganassi or Penske car is what you need.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4526

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Smokeshow14 wrote:I thought he should have gone to Penske. But I understand completely why he didn't.

There was a time when Hunter Reay didn't have a ride and Andretti decided to give him a chance. Even when sponsorship was running low (IZOD also helped out too).

Now he wants to show he appreciates that by being loyal to him. Andretti has lost a few drivers to bigger teams. The late Dan Wheldon went to Ganassi right after he won a title for Andretti. And after Franchitti's NASCAR adventure he raced for Ganassi in Indycars. So Hunter Reay has decided that he wants to stick with them.

But if you want to win the Indy 500, a Ganassi or Penske car is what you need.

I always appreciate & respect drivers that have loyalty. Especially when it isnt the best move. Shows their character.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil: The Indy side of things, i can honestly say i understand and have alot of respect for Hunter Reay,weren't for Mikey-we would have never known his talent. ;) Roger is like the Yankees,he often likes to steal the best or potential best drivers. :mrgreen: Roger has been turned down before by other drivers, but very seldom.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:45 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Smokeshow14 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?

The forum is Nascar and racing in general and since you didn't get the point,i guess i can understand why you asked that question. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by wolfgang on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

wolfgang wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:The meantime,Harvicks character is costing him and he's not getting any younger as same for Newman. :evil:

What does that have anything to do with Indycar?

The forum is Nascar and racing in general and since you didn't get the point,i guess i can understand we you asked that question. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But this thread was about Indycar... Never mind.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4526

8305

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3359

10138

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

I have a NASCAR question which is: When did Kevin Harvick get a chance to leave Childress? I know how he got into cup and before that Natonwide but did he drive for someone else before that? Also while I'm still on a NASCAR run here Was it Dick Trickle who got Kurt Busch a cup ride when a member of of Dick's family passed away?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8939

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)


oh wolf not many are hip to the way you talk............

i read how penske said he would hire the dink back for either indy or nascar,

RHR doesnt need penske, he is on a nice team, wolf is right anytime some driver does well penske steals them away so kudos to RHR........
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:think he was making a reference to my comments of loyal drivers SS14.

Pretty much. ;)


oh wolf not many are hip to the way you talk............

i read how penske said he would hire the dink back for either indy or nascar,

RHR doesnt need penske, he is on a nice team, wolf is right anytime some driver does well penske steals them away so kudos to RHR........

What's the matter with the way i talk,is it my red nose? :lol:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8939

Images: 0
10183

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

it might be, some are intimidated by it...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

ndunn wrote:I have a NASCAR question which is: When did Kevin Harvick get a chance to leave Childress? I know how he got into cup and before that Natonwide but did he drive for someone else before that? Also while I'm still on a NASCAR run here Was it Dick Trickle who got Kurt Busch a cup ride when a member of of Dick's family passed away?

Last time his contract was near ending with RCR Penske offered him a ride and the dumb chit turned it down.Kurt i don't know how he came into the Nascar,Harvick started in the Truck series for a low buck team when RCR and Dale Snr.discovered him.Kevin was suppose to be Dale Snrs. team mate when he came up from the Busch series where he ran the #2 for RCR.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3231

Images: 3
8280

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:02 pm

Re: Wow! Someone told Penske no to his ride!!!

michaeljohn wrote:it might be, some are intimidated by it...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Penske lost another championship this year,thou i am a Penske fan, i have to say i'm happy for Hunter and Mikey.shhhh don't tell Roger. ;)
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER