FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Women in the race

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Women in the race

Danica was a bit loose but ran 13th to 15th. before the yellow

Jo was 17th fell back to p25 with a real tight car. She said the tight kept getting worse, but after 25 laps looks like the rest of the field fell off to her & she was running faster lap times than some ahead of her including Danica. She then moved back up to p22, but when the yellow came out around lap 38 she had just gotten lapped, so she will be lucky dog, & her crew wont be able to lose her any spots LOL

Danica came out of pits p11. Jo obviously still p22 (LD)
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Women in the race

quick caution on lap 47 allows Jo to catch up to the rest of leaders.
Danica still says a lil loose but better. Jo still says she is real tight. Wants to know if they will pit & the team told her to stay out. Something I dont understand. She cant loose any spots & they could have loosened her up some more even without changing tires. Dumb move in my opinion.
restart Danica p10 & Jo p21 after those that pitted.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Lap 50
Danica p10
Jo p20

Lap 60
Danica p12
Jo p22

Jo is saying what ever changes they made, they freed her up to much. she is now lacking overall grip, no grip at all. No control. CC asked if something is same or worse, she says way worse, way worse. Busting my butt getting into the corner!

Danica says a lil bit better in, still needs help on exit.

Lap 70
Danica p12
Jo P22

Danica says car is definitely getting looser. Spotter told her to run about a half a car length from the wall. Danica went up & Spotter told her to go higher. Think that helped Danica

Jo is concerned what they are going to do to give her back her rear grip says everytimee she trys to move the rear end steps out. The team says they see that & they will give her back some side bite.

Lap 80
Danica p13
Jo p22 (1 lap down)

Not hing new from Danica

Jo says she is out of control CC says we will fix you up. She then tells them I dont need no little swing I need the biggest swing you got!

Jo pits somewhere around lap 83 (hard to tell without pit command) Now 3 laps down

Danica pitting lap 98.

Lap 105
Danica p14
Jo p22 (2 laps down)

Nothing from Danica
Jo says shes is too loose to run the bottom she has to run the outside wants to know what happened to the big swing? Upset she cant get back in the throttle sooner because the rear slips out.

Lap 115
Danica p13
Jo p22
Nothing from Danica
CC asked Jo if the adjustments helped any. She says no, not at all. I have my hands full....... I have my hands full! They want her to try to run the middle
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:11 pm

yellow came out around lap 124
Danica was p13 (1 lap down)
Jo p22 (3 laps down)

Danica was beside the leader when the yellow came out. they told her she was a lap down & she broke out with a barrage of cuss words. She obviously didnt agree. The spotter had to tell her to slow down to let leader by. Danica did get the LD.
She did say she was a little loose, & right before going to pitroad she mentioned she hada vibration but was shure it would go away after pit stop.

Jo just wants a BIG swing at her car!

restart lap 129
Danica is p13 (on lead lap)
Jo is p23 (3 laps down)

Lap 150
Danica p12
Jo p23 (3 down)

Danica's car seems to be coming to here she is faster than those right ahead of her, unfortunately she had to restart in the back so she only gained one spot so far. She says she is still a lil loose. Her spotter told her to wheel the thing it looks faster. (he is right it is faster)

Jo's car must be a lil better her times are better (not good but better)
She still saying she cant use her throttle, nothing has helped that. she isnt very happy.

Now Danica says her car is looser, & is getting really bad.

Now on lap 157 Dainca is complaining it is so bad.

Lap 160
Danica p13
Jo p21 (4 down)

Restart lap 171
Danica p12
Jo p21 (4 down)

Wow! Danica took them four wide into turn 1 the next lap on the apron
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Danica has said several times this race that whoever in front of her is racing in their mirrors LOL.

But right now she said the 44 car races in his mirrors more than anyone.
Spotter said yep, that is why you have bumpers.

Lap 180
Danica p13
Jo P21 (4 down)

Lap 190
Danica p12
Jo p21 (4 down)

Danicias spotter was mad at the 38 who is a lap down for racing Danica who is trying to run down the 31 for 11th. Then Danica went into her cussing tirade.
Little bit later she simply says over the radio "FIND HIS SPOTTER!"
Once she gets by the spotter says your clear even though he has been a dumbass for 15 laps LOL

Checkers
Danica p12
Jo p21 (4 down)

Crossing the checkers Danica talked some more crap about the 38. Her spotter said once he found the spotter for the 38, the 38's Spotter said he had been telling him for 15 laps to move over.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Danica should have moved the #38 out of the way,it sure sounds like to me. ;)
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 pm

wolfgang wrote:Danica should have moved the #38 out of the way,it sure sounds like to me. ;)

she had a pass pretty much made but the 38 instead of giving it to her coming out of the corner, used the momentum from the high side to take the high line back from her. (prick move if you ask me) so if she forced the issue, she would have been the one to be wrecked.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Danica should have moved the #38 out of the way,it sure sounds like to me. ;)

she had a pass pretty much made but the 38 instead of giving it to her coming out of the corner, used the momentum from the high side to take the high line back from her. (prick move if you ask me) so if she forced the issue, she would have been the one to be wrecked.
Didn't see the race as yet and as you know i'm not a big Danica fan,but she shouldn't take anyones crap anymore than any other driver should.Some drivers will work with her,but i also notice alot of the ones that won't aren't too great themselves. Jealousy or frustration over a woman doing better than them perhaps. :)
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

That was Brad Sweet, don't care much for the kid. If I was his spotter, I'd whack him upside the head and maybe next time he'd listen.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 pm

think the 38 was brad Sweet. I dont have a problem with the move that was made. but when you arent on the same lap as the person passing & it is the closing laps. Just let them go. that is what I think was the crap move by him. isnt Brad Sweet have les time in a NW car than Danica? Even his own spotter was telling him to let her by.
I get tired of people saying for Danica to move people & dont take any crap & use her bumper & such. But in this case. Your right. I think it woud have been funny.
Still think its best she didnt do it, but I would have grinned if she did.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:56 pm

The bumper is there for a reason and Dale Earnhardt has seven championships and had fans on their feet for or against him over it! Dale was the God of Nascar! The only race i've seen so far this year was Watkins Glenn, oil on track or not,it beat the chit out of follow the leader,fuel milage or who got out of the pits first.Just my opinion. :mrgreen:
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:think the 38 was brad Sweet. I dont have a problem with the move that was made. but when you arent on the same lap as the person passing & it is the closing laps. Just let them go. that is what I think was the crap move by him. isnt Brad Sweet have les time in a NW car than Danica? Even his own spotter was telling him to let her by.
I get tired of people saying for Danica to move people & dont take any crap & use her bumper & such. But in this case. Your right. I think it woud have been funny.
Still think its best she didnt do it, but I would have grinned if she did.

Yes, it was Brad Sweet and I just looked and he's only run 13 races this year. You'd think someone that young would have better hearing... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:55 am

Danica was really upset with Brad Sweet. She was yelling at her spotter to go talk to his spotter and see what was up. She was catching the 31 and 18 and that cost her.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.

Return to NASCAR & Racing