FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bass Pro to sponsor Stewart?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Bass Pro to sponsor Stewart?

Bass Pro Shops is expected to be a co-primary sponsor for #14-Tony Stewart's NASCAR Sprint Cup effort next season. Office Depot, which supported Stewart since the inception of Stewart-Haas Racing in 2009, will withdraw its sponsorship at the end of the season. The company was the primary on 22 of the 38 NASCAR Cup races this season. Mobil 1, which was a co-primary with Office Depot this season, will continue in that role in 2013. Bass Pro Shops has enjoyed a long relationship with NASCAR. The outdoors company sponsored Martin Truex Jr. in a limited run at Dale Earnhardt Inc. when the driver won his first Nationwide Series title in 2004. The company took over as a full primary the following year and graduated with Truex to the Sprint Cup Series for his first full season in 2006. When DEI merged with Ganassi Racing prior to the 2009 season, Bass Pro Shops accompanied Truex and then remained with the team with Jamie McMurray when he returned to Ganassi in 2010 and has been with McMurray since

from Jayski
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Re: Bass Pro to sponsor Stewart?

Now this is rather bittersweet for me and I kinda thought this could happen after Office Depot announced that they would be leaving.

Tony is my #1 driver and he needs a sponsor and I think Bass would probably be the perfect sponsor for him being how much of an outdoors man he is. Him and Bass just make way too much sense and would be an awesome sponsor.

Though bummer deal that they are leaving Jamie though I guess McDonalds is stepping up their involvement. But at the same time maybe Ganassi will get real about his program and realize that no everyone is like Target and is okay with their car being 20th in points. With the 1 they may win a race once in a while and contend for a chase berth if the cars are right. But at SHR with Smoke and the 14, it's a guaranteed title run.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Great news....When it is announced I for one will be calling their corporate headquarters and notifying them of my upcoming shopping trip to my local store. New customer alert!

My family currently shops at the competition.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:29 pm

boy what a surprise tony gets a sponsor before ryan, didnt see that coming :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:Now this is rather bittersweet for me and I kinda thought this could happen after Office Depot announced that they would be leaving.

Tony is my #1 driver and he needs a sponsor and I think Bass would probably be the perfect sponsor for him being how much of an outdoors man he is. Him and Bass just make way too much sense and would be an awesome sponsor.

Though bummer deal that they are leaving Jamie though I guess McDonalds is stepping up their involvement. But at the same time maybe Ganassi will get real about his program and realize that no everyone is like Target and is okay with their car being 20th in points. With the 1 they may win a race once in a while and contend for a chase berth if the cars are right. But at SHR with Smoke and the 14, it's a guaranteed title run.

trust me target gets plenty for their money in indy cars, his indy drivers deliver championships, its just loyalty they stick with chip in nascar
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:33 am

michaeljohn wrote:boy what a surprise tony gets a sponsor before ryan, didnt see that coming :roll:

"Yeah lets see, are we gonna jump on the car driven by the three-time champ that's in the Chase and one of the most recognizable drivers in the sport's history or are we gonna jump on the car driven by the other guy....what's his name again?"

Sadly that's just how it is. Stewart's got the credentials, the name, the long-term relationship with Johnny Morris of Bass Pro Shops, etc. Ryan isn't even winning poles anymore, his big claim to fame aside from the 500 win and a few spectacular accidents. Not saying he's done by any means and I'm so glad he's coming back in 2013, but you can't be surprised that Stewart found a replacement for Office Depot so quickly and that it was Bass Pro, if this is true, while they haven't yet gotten the backing for Ryan - or at least nothing is rumored as of yet. By jumping on the hood of Stewart's car you get his driving talent, his fan base, and the name recognition that Ryan or Jamie McMurray or Martin Truex Jr. couldn't quite provide.

With all that said, this looks like another "Lets try to stir the pot" post, so I'm probably wasting my time with the response. You and I are fine personally but #### you're getting on my nerves trying to get people in a tizzy. There's no need for it.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:36 am

If this is true I'm seeing images of a couple of badass black race cars with the 14 on the door for next year.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:29 am

I knew Ryan wouldn't get the Bass Pro sponsorship. I would have been #### if he had too. I like Ryan and he is a good driver. But there is a reason he has no primary sponsor right now. He just isn't a good spokesperson. He lacks charisma. Jamie has charisma and is a good driver. But his team is crap. Tony has charisma, he is a house hold name, and every year is in title contention. It was the perfect fit. So you have to realistic and understand that Tony will always find sponsorship easier than Ryan.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:58 am

SS14 sometimes you should just leave well enough alone.
If someone would have been taylor made for Bass pro sponsor it is ryan. That is what he lives for outside racing (& family).
I think it is funny how the rumors were Bass Pro going to ryans car, & as soon as Tony says he needs sponsorship. Poof! It is with Tony. Yes he is the bigger name but he is also Ryans car owner (officially anyways) & its funny how sponsors that were with Ryan or rumored to be going to Ryan lands on Tony's car. Just saying.

Then I find it funny that you guys talk of a poster trying to stir things up but instead of making the one post. When nothing happens you go to the next step in posting trying to draw him out mean while acting as if he is a big meany, & you are mr. Innocent.
I cant think of any sponsor that isnt contract bound, that would want to be on the #1 car over the #39's car. (unless a surfing sponsor comes out) or maybe Kleenex as often as Jamie crys.
I understand Tony is the King of SHR & he reaps the spoils, but that doesnt mean you couldnt see how a ryan fan would be annoyed with the news a little, especially when the rumor before hand was of them going to Ryan's car.
As mad as you would have been, Ryan would have been & made more sense to be sponsored by Bass Pro over Jamie all day everyday!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:51 am

Again realistic. And I never saw rumors of BPS ever going to Ryan. I think that was just fabricated. This is a moot point now. But why other than how much he likes outdoors would they go to Ryan? Ryan is a good guy and all and I am sure he tries for his sponsors, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't have what other drivers have like a Clint Bowyer for example. Not everyone is like JJ where they got a sponsor who will work around who you are.

I am also sure that BPS wants someone who can do more for their company than the fact they enjoy the outdoors. Tony brings a fan base that Truex Jr didn't have, that Jamie doesn't have and that Ryan doesn't have. Among other things as well. And it is funny how you said a sponsor would go to the 39 before the 1 because Georgia Pacific just signed on to the one. Just saying.

I guess you guys can be upset that Ryan still has no primary sponsor. But hey what do you want Tony to do go and force a company who clearly wants him to sponsor Ryan? Just business man. Ryan will find something I am sure.

Oh and I nor is any Tony fan stirring up anything. Someone made a comment and it got a response. Nothing personal. So don't take it that way.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:boy what a surprise tony gets a sponsor before ryan, didnt see that coming :roll:

"Yeah lets see, are we gonna jump on the car driven by the three-time champ that's in the Chase and one of the most recognizable drivers in the sport's history or are we gonna jump on the car driven by the other guy....what's his name again?"

Sadly that's just how it is. Stewart's got the credentials, the name, the long-term relationship with Johnny Morris of Bass Pro Shops, etc. Ryan isn't even winning poles anymore, his big claim to fame aside from the 500 win and a few spectacular accidents. Not saying he's done by any means and I'm so glad he's coming back in 2013, but you can't be surprised that Stewart found a replacement for Office Depot so quickly and that it was Bass Pro, if this is true, while they haven't yet gotten the backing for Ryan - or at least nothing is rumored as of yet. By jumping on the hood of Stewart's car you get his driving talent, his fan base, and the name recognition that Ryan or Jamie McMurray or Martin Truex Jr. couldn't quite provide.

With all that said, this looks like another "Lets try to stir the pot" post, so I'm probably wasting my time with the response. You and I are fine personally but #### you're getting on my nerves trying to get people in a tizzy. There's no need for it.

...Image
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:56 pm

Please......Bass Pro shops already has sponsorship on a lot of Tony's dirt cars, and guess what they are winning.....let's face if you were a sponsor wouldn't you want the most bang for your buck.
Besides any one who stocks Tony's lake with fish is okay in my book!! I just hope they use the commercial of Johnny Morris and Tony fishing in Tony's logmahal water fall.....it is priceless.....and if he extends the sponsorship to a race or two with Ryan.....they need to put Brooklyn and Ryan Fishing together! Brooklyn would steel the show!!

Smoke14TS wrote:If this is true I'm seeing images of a couple of badass black race cars with the 14 on the door for next year.

That would really be nice!! 8-)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Has anybody seen anything that backs up the rumor?

LEE (SPENCER) WROTE THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE BASS PRO SHOPS POSSIBLY REPLACE OFFICE DEPOT. CAN YOU CONFIRM OR DENY THAT OR COMMENT ON THAT?
“I never comment on anything Lee writes. I have made a pretty good habit of that in the last couple of years.”

As much as I'd like this sponsorship, I haven't seen an official press release. Does anyone have anything concrete on this?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm

When he has something to announce, he'll announce it. Ain't that what he always says?

What I figure is Spencer has a source somewhere that has heard something or whatever and so of course to beat everyone to the punch she put the story out even though the deal isn't solidified yet. That's how it goes, seems like everyone already knows what an announcement is going to be if they browse the internet or watch racing television programs. Been a while since any major announcement (sponsorship, major driver joining a major team, etc.) caught anyone off guard.

<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:11 pm

isn't that how reporters keep their jobs...be the first to break a major story with a credible source even if it is not completely a done deal yet.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
Next

Return to Tony