FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So whats really going on at Jr Motorsports

<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:27 pm

So whats really going on at Jr Motorsports

http://www.nationwide.nascar.com/nation ... index.html

Ok I know Eury Sr (Pops) leaving Jr motorsports was mentioned in another thread but seeing this article brings up some other questions and since it is about Jr Motrosports it belongs here although one concern it mentions is Danica. Read the line that talks about moving forward and that Danica is going to Cup next yr, but the big thing said "And Godaddy IS leaving with her" . It had been suggested she would still run a PT schedule with Jr Motorsports, but the way this is worded--maybe not?? Perhaps those in her corner figured she needed a clean break to just concentrate on Cup? I guess we will know for sure when its announced, whether it matters to some or not, I personally think she should stay in NNS but my opinion holds no weight. Course there is always the possibility this article got some things wrong? Edited--Maybe Not, just saw this--mentioning replacements for Danica:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/possible-r ... ascar.html

The article talks about Pops leaving because Kelly and Pops disagreeing about the direction of Jr Motorsports. They are not really being competitive and Jr Motorsports must move ahead as they havent won a race in over 2 yrs and they need to get better, but mentioning Godaddy leaving they will need more sponsors as well?

Iam not an expert at whats going on with Jr Motorsports but sounds like major changes are in the works and rightfully so as they are not one of the best teams if we look at results. Guess we'll hear more at some point? Many nascar teams are feeling pressures so this isnt anything new, but surprising maybe becasue its Jr's team? 8-)
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: So whats really going on at Jr Motorsports

The 2nd article is speculation from what appears to be no one whose opinion matters. That's my take on that. I haven't seen anything confirmed on her racing a pt NW next year but that doesn't mean it won't happen. But, would it still be for JR or select races pt for Hendrick? I'm not a Danica fan so I haven't been paying much attention to her side of this Jr thing. I agree with Kelley, they need to be competitive and sometimes you have to just move on. That's the problem with working with family, it can make what you think is right an extremely difficult thing to do.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I think they have always been this kind of team. And when Brad Keselowski was there he made them look good (which to me says a lot about how good Keselowski is). The last time this team won was in 2010 when Jamie McMurray won at Atlanta. And honestly outside of the plate races and road courses they are not contenders.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I think they have always been this kind of team. And when Brad Keselowski was there he made them look good (which to me says a lot about how good Keselowski is). The last time this team won was in 2010 when Jamie McMurray won at Atlanta. And honestly outside of the plate races and road courses they are not contenders.

Alast we agree about something-Jr.Motorsports and BK. :lol: Jr.Motorsports hasn't been a big factor since Truex moved up to Cup and that's a loooong time ago.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

"Jr.Motorsports hasn't been a big factor since Truex moved up to Cup and that's a loooong time ago."

Thats kind of sad as this is Jr's team and his sister Kelly who seems to be Ok people as well, and iam sure they were hoping for better results for a long time now? Cole Whitt did well in trucks and thats why they hired him, probably expecting he might get wins, but they knew Danica wasnt going to do much but she had the $$$'s to help them. Guess we'll see what all the changes they make are without Pops, but if Danica does leave and not do PT and the Godaddy money leaves they will find themselves struggling like other teams for money, but they arent alone. Kelly is the one who was mentioned as saying (in a article) Danica was going to be PT in 2013 so hopefully this article has it wrong but we wont really know untill its really confirmed but seeing this article brought up my concern?? 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Actually several other people had talked Jr. into taking a look at Whitt. Jr. had no idea who Whitt was.
I dont think jr is all that good at running teams (just my personal thoughts)
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 pm

jr said he was comfortable about where his team is at, he likes to develop young drivers, brad k was the last driver he had that spent more than two years there, every time a driver starts to show potential, some other team comes by and takes, i.e aric almirola, he did a nice job in the 88 in 11', petty came by and swooped him up, CW was a quick replacement and has done a pretty good job, and will probably be there for some time, so its not like jr is content on just entering cars in the races, and he was asked about the state of JR motorsports this weekend.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

racer1

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

" its not like jr is content on just entering cars in the races, and he was asked about the state of JR motorsports this weekend."

So--what did JR say other then its fine, as I think we all know he isnt going to talk about the real issues that led to Eury Sr leaving. The big question on other forums is what led to his leaving, and most say he doesnt like the direction they are going which leads many to believe it may be choice of drivers, course the Danica haters blame her and her poor results. Another valid point is Eury SR was replaced as Whitts CC earlier in the yr and some say he wasnt happy about that either?

Kelly who runs Jr motorsports hired Danica for the attention to her team and the sponsor money and she got it, and maybe wanting to be the female owner that got a female to victory lane wouldnt be bad either? Whitt was hired as the young driver with potential for the future and to win and while he is better then Danica due to his stock car background, and he runs up front, he cant seem to stay good enough to get a win and that goes to the team and crews not knowing how to set the cars up or sustain the setup for a chance of winning? Maybe Eury Sr had another driver he wanted and Kelly wouldnt go for it--it could be that simple I guess, course any driver is going to have to be Sponsor material.

WEll--we may never know but Danica going Cup is fairly certain more & more so the future of Jr Motorsports and its ability to attract sponsors for another driver is certainly unknown at this point? As I said earlier Kelly and Jr are good people and its a shame they cant get a win while other small teams have won. Guess we'll see in time, but no one ever said winning in Nascar is easy? 8-)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 am

Racer. Nobody said it was Danica's fault.
Will you please quit............... pretty please :P

It has already been said, Eury Sr. & Kelly were at odds on which way to take the company/teams. So when no one is bashing Danica you do it for us then say we are hating? :roll:
Racer please take a Image
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:46 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I dont think jr is all that good at running teams (just my personal thoughts)

Martin Truex Jr, Brad Keselowski, and Aric Almrola called and asked what are you talking about? His team may not be elite. But it doesn't make not a good car owner.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:58 am

If anyone is concerned about what's going on in other forums, please post your opinions there. This is not a Jr website or forum. If you're concerned about JRM, please feel free to state your opinions, but also remember, it doesn't freakin matter what we think. The fact is they are not winning, and how they choose to deal with that is up to the powers that be, namely Kelley. And please, spell her name correctly. It's an insult to spell someone's name incorrectly. Jr has the name but he gave the power to Kelley. Personally, she doesn't get near the credit she receives. They need to be looking and going forward and, sorry to say, Eury Sr. wasn't providing that. What's the choice? Move on, move up or get the heck out of the business. It is a business and the public expects more from an Earnhardt. Say what you will, that's a he11 of a burden in NASCAR. I'm not a fan, but Jr didn't ask for all this crap, he was born into it. The fact that he was named after his dad is the reason everyone dumps all the hype on him. What about Kerry, the 1st son? As much as Jr doesn't like the expectations, Kerry would have probably have sold his sole for half the recognition. Jr would much rather have his father than all this bs he has to deal with and don't doubt that for a second. Eury Sr is the past and JRM needs to focus on the future if they want to succeed as a business. I'm so sick of all the people that think they know what is actually going on with something that is so totally out of their realm of expertise, it's not informational and especially not realistic. I'm not saying you can't state your opinion, but please, you don't know your butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to these types of business decisions so please don't act like what you say means crap. You can preface your opinions/remarks with "I think" or a number of other options, but please, don't try to make us think you actually know what you're talking about. I remember someone saying something about "walking a mile in someone's shoes". Try it, you probably wouldn't like it, nor the press you'd receive from it.

Sorry, I apologize to those I may have inadvertently offended. Yes, there are times we should just take the high road, but some people are just born to push buttons while others feel the need to put them in their place. Not the high road, but sometimes it just makes you feel better.

Go ahead, I've said my peace, have at it...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:34 am

i purposely left danica's name out of my response, because the last thing i need is to be bombed with her fans saying im insulting her,
they get their equipment from HMS so its not like they are running garbage out there, and this goes for all at jrm, if the CC or the drivers cant handle the equipment, maybe its them they need to look in the mirror and ask "why arent we better? what is holding us back from getting the good results?"
I miss you Frehley........
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:44 am

I think Cole Whitt is gonna be a good one given the right CC and a little positive reinforcement. How many rookies go to Darlington and qualify on the pole??? 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:46 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I dont think jr is all that good at running teams (just my personal thoughts)

Martin Truex Jr, Brad Keselowski, and Aric Almrola called and asked what are you talking about? His team may not be elite. But it doesn't make not a good car owner.

tell them to come over & have a beer, we will talk about it.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:47 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:I think Cole Whitt is gonna be a good one given the right CC and a little positive reinforcement. How many rookies go to Darlington and qualify on the pole??? 8-)

I think Whitt will be fine. He is only a rookie after all.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing