FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Never Forget.........

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 am

Never Forget.........

It still amazes me how a handful of terrorists unleashed such hate, fury and destruction on the greatest Nation in the world........that day changed the lives of every single American, whether you knew someone or not we were all affected....to honor those who valiantly lost there lives that day.....go out and do a random act of kindness for someone... God Bless the USA and those who lost their lives that horrible day.......Never forget!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 am

Re: Never Forget.........

Never forget
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (6.18 KiB) Viewed 889 times
god_bless_america.jpg
god_bless_america.jpg (21.73 KiB) Viewed 889 times
ImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Hard to believe it's been 11 years.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:56 pm

As i watch the stories and footage from that day, my heart just fills with sadness for all the waste and carnage, and even though i guess it's wrong, with hate for the fuc*ers who did this. I readily admit that America, in my opinion, is an arrogant nation, but we didn't deserve this.

May God continue to bless the families and friends of all who died, especially the FDNY and NYPD.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 am

in all the carnage & destruction of that day. What has always amazed me & still affects me when I think about it, is all the emergency personnel that ran into those collapsing buildings to try & help others.

God Bless!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:55 am

I think I was in the third grade when this happened. September 11th is my birthday was obviously the day was at first a happy occasion. Then announcements start going off over the P.A . Kids start to go home. And then after I took the bus home, I get inside and watch the t.v and saw what happened. I thank God that I was only nine when this happened. Otherwise he might have really f**ked me up (well more than I already am). And the fact that I live near the Pentagon and was around it a week ago was too weird. I remember watching cartoons that night and then going to bed and laying in bed kind of scared of terrorist coming. 2001 was an awful year. Dale Earnhardt died, there was a serial killer on the loose near me (yall remember the serial killings in D.C? That was in my area someone got shot at a grocery store that I have been to many times), this and later my grandmother died. But I have been able to move on and America has moved on from the 911 attacks. Seeing Jr win the first race after 911 was special (don't think there was a single driver that was more fitting to win that race especially what he had been through that year), even Reese Whiterspoon hosting the first SNL episode after 911. I kind of in a way want 911 to see as just another day. And on a level it bothers me that my birthday is associated with such pain and bad memories. But to me that day showed what we are as Americans. And I will never forget it.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:41 am

I don't think there is a person alive that doesn't know something about Septemember 11th 2001. I happened to find a cable station that ran different parts of the attack and several pieces I had never seen before and I thought I had been glued to TV for days. They showed footage of Air Force One and all the things that went on there. I had never seen that aired. They had commentarty of several of the Presidents staff and Mrs. Busch and pictures of the bunkers the President, his staff and media that had gone to Florida on Airforce One. One stop they made was a secured base In Louisiana and when they all got off the plane they didn't have any thing ready but a little green van to take the president and others to a meeting place. The only reason I'm telling this little tidbit is that it does take away just a little of the stress from being reminded of the attacks. The people in charge at the base didn't know what to call the van but since the president was in it they named it Air force One and it remain that to the people on the base. The man doing the reporting giggled a little and it reminded me that the world didn't come to an end even tho it was devastating and still is but that we can still giggle and go forward. The day will never be forgotten and the things I saw last night showed me that even 11 years later the shock is still the same. One reason I watched the footage was because most of it was things we had never seen and was released plus several people who had cameras gave the footage to outlets to use.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:30 pm

The twin towers should have never happened and all i see every year after is guilt from our goverment for letting it happen.We have Veterans Day and Memorial Day,911 vs Pearl Harbor-i don't get it.Sorry if i seem a bit not on board with this and yes i do feel bad for all those lives lost,but i don't know whether to feel saddened or -issed off about it and it's been that way for me since it happened.

Return to The Lobby