FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Office Depot Poster

<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:03 am

Office Depot Poster

In todays email from Office they have made a poster in big red letters "I'M WITH SMOKE'. I ran a couple off and will put at least one in a car window. I can see where Office Depot is going to be sad when they have to leave sponsoring SHR #14 next season. He will be at one of their store in the Chicago area for the next race. That's my boy "loyal to the end."
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Office Depot Poster

Thanks NDunn.......I talked to the manager at the OD about three miles from me and they were so sorry to see the sponsorship for Tony go.....a lot of his customers are loyal fans and their T S merchandise brought a lot of people in, that would normally not shop there. They all said how much they loved Tony for all that he did for OD and especially the backpack program. Basically it had to do with the economy and the struggle people are having just to buy groceries...... :(
They like everyone else are just grateful they still have a job...very sad
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:24 pm

I found it hard to believe that there isn't an Office Depot in Phoenix. This is a very large area and that's why I was so surprised. What's even more strange, they have 3 in Tuscon. Tuscon? Really? Maybe part of their problem is location, location, location... The company I work for is one of the largest employers in AZ. A corp. HQ, numerous hotels, luxury resorts, etc. Jeff Gordon normally stays at our Phoenician hotel when in town. By the way, he's not very nice or very generous to the staff and they are one of the finest in the country. We ordered our office supplies from Office Max. Maybe they need to put some of that sponsorship money they'll be saving, into their marketing department.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Rochelle wrote:I found it hard to believe that there isn't an Office Depot in Phoenix. This is a very large area and that's why I was so surprised. What's even more strange, they have 3 in Tuscon. Tuscon? Really? Maybe part of their problem is location, location, location... The company I work for is one of the largest employers in AZ. A corp. HQ, numerous hotels, luxury resorts, etc. Jeff Gordon normally stays at our Phoenician hotel when in town. By the way, he's not very nice or very generous to the staff and they are one of the finest in the country. We ordered our office supplies from Office Max. Maybe they need to put some of that sponsorship money they'll be saving, into their marketing department.

stick with lowes, they are not hard to find....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:40 pm

haha, in my area, Lowe's and Home Depot are across the street from each other. When Tony was driving for HD, I would try to only shop there. Now, I go to Lowe's. The store is nicer and I tend to be able to find my way around easier. But, if I don't find what I need, I head to HD. I do seem to be able to find what I'm looking for more often at Lowe's than HD, but, now that Matty is going to the 20, I'll have to rethink that... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HTower

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 pm

I've heard many people say that Home Depot is setup for men to find things and Menards is setup for women. There may be some truth to it as I like to shop at Home Depot and my wife likes to shop at Menards,
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:57 pm

i never been to menards, we dont have them on the east coast, i do agree with you opinion about HD, i like both stores, i have bought my riding mower and snow blower from Hd, just because i like the items they had to offer, now everyday stuff, i got to lowes, been going there for 20 years,
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:04 pm

We have no way of going to a local store to get stuff having to do with Tony around here because in New England there are only 3 stores for Office Depot. One in Massachusetts and two in Conneticut.

Now if Staples was his sponsor there are stores all over New England...totalling more than 160.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HTower

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:14 pm

ndunn wrote: He will be at one of their store in the Chicago area for the next race. That's my boy "loyal to the end."

Do you know what store?
<<

HTower

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 pm

nevermind, found it:
Chicago, IL
6431 W. Fullerton Ave.
Tues. September 11th
11:00AM - 4:00PM

Highland, IN
10332 Indianapolis Blvd.
Wed. September 12th

Calumet City, IL
1370 Torrence Ave.
Fri. September 14th

Orland Park, IL
1 Orland Park Pl.
Sat. September 15th

Arlington Heights, IL · Thurs. September 13th
392 E. Rand Rd.
Event Time 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Tony Stewart Appearance* starts at 4:45PM

I think I will try to make an apearance at the Arlington Heights store.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:27 am

I just did a print out of all the stores for Staples...just because I was curious...and crossed off any duplicates I may have done by mistake and there are 214 Staples stores in New England.

To take a little further. Staples has more than 2000 stores nationwide and Office Depot has almost 1100 stores. A big difference.
Image Image

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

Just a question of no big deal but does Staples sponsor anyone or product?
Office has been in NASCAR for at least Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart. I've never been to Office Depot as the only one I know of is 45 miles away. We have at least 2 Staples and the customer service is below par. But they do know how to locate. One is at the edge of Michigan State U.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Staples used to be in Nascar and it was with Kyle Busch in the Nationwide Series in '08, '09, & '10. I can't find anything more recent than that. That does not mean that there is not, it just means I have not found it yet. I know there was a period time when they ran in the Cup Series. I am just trying to remember who with.

As for the customer service at Staples, I have not had any problems at any of the stores in our region and I was one of their mystery shoppers for a couple of years as well as an online evaluator. I also am a business owner who is a premier rewards customer. Although I only just recently ran into issues with the website and it has taken almost two months to straighten it out. Geez.
Image Image

<<

ndunn

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:41 am

beaverpond wrote:Staples used to be in Nascar and it was with Kyle Busch in the Nationwide Series in '08, '09, & '10. I can't find anything more recent than that. That does not mean that there is not, it just means I have not found it yet. I know there was a period time when they ran in the Cup Series. I am just trying to remember who with.

As for the customer service at Staples, I have not had any problems at any of the stores in our region and I was one of their mystery shoppers for a couple of years as well as an online evaluator. I also am a business owner who is a premier rewards customer. Although I only just recently ran into issues with the website and it has taken almost two months to straighten it out. Geez.

Thanks. I think I'll go into Jayski's paint scheme site and see if I can find Staples on any of the race cars. It will be sort of interesting to what has been around.
As for the Staples customer service that may just be local. One of ours left a local region and went about 5 or 6 miles from the city limits and into a retail village with names such as WalMart, Lowes, Menards, Furniture Row, A big outdoor sports supply place (can't think of the name) and many more smaller stores with national names. It ws a smart move for the developer as it is just off an exsit for I 96 and I 69.

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 am

It used to be a bright red car that said Staples on the hood and under the word Staples it said "that was easy". This is their moto or slogin. This also appeared on the deck lid.

At first when I heard they were pulling their sponsorship in Nascar, I was shocked...but when I found out they were also closing 26 stores and having to lay off hundreds of employees. It kind of made sense.
Image Image

Next

Return to Tony