FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony finishes fourth time for a championship

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 am

Tony finishes fourth time for a championship

Great race tonight. I felt this going in. Looks like the have righted the ship going into the chase. Time for two in a row and a fourth championship. You can do it!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:20 am

Re: Tony finishes fourth time for a championship

Great performance.. But I dont know, because they is struggling on 1.5 mile ovals.. 5 races is on 1.5 mile ovals.. Plus Dover..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:19 am

Congratulations Smoke for making the Chase. Let's go for 4...You can do it.
Great race with the weather giving that added dimension of suspense.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:37 am

Way to go Tony!!! Go get that Championship now!!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:38 am

Congrats to Tony & the #14 team. That car was still awful for the first half of the race, but then they hit on something that worked.

Steve was actually smiling during the rain delay interview.

That brief period where the #39 & #14 were running 1-2 would have been a perfect time for the rain to REALLY start coming down. :D :D Guess it just wasn't meant to be. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:36 am

Tony's Mom was on the pit box behind Steve Addington.......maybe she's Tony lucky charm.....I think she helped, but I think Tony, when the chips are down and he needs to win, can find something deep down inside him and make it happen....That's Our Tony and that is way we love him.... :) :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:45 am

Great race. Now is the time to pull out all the stops and get that #4. Because 4 is more. Now that lame but it is time to pull the rabbit out of the hat and win it all because the media already has it lined up for Jeff Gordon. I can't believe in all sincerity that Jeff's jump to the chase was more than the Homestead race last year. Sometimes I wonder if the writing after midnight is done when they are totally sober. Oh well whatever :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:49 am

ndunn wrote:Great race. Now is the time to pull out all the stops and get that #4. Because 4 is more. Now that lame but it is time to pull the rabbit out of the hat and win it all because the media already has it lined up for Jeff Gordon. I can't believe in all sincerity that Jeff's jump to the chase was more than the Homestead race last year. Sometimes I wonder if the writing after midnight is done when they are totally sober. Oh well whatever :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Because it was, in one point of season he was out of top25 of standings.. Also Richmond race was like Homestead.. He was nearly 2 laps down, but he nearly won that race..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I didn't get to see the entire race so will have to catch it on speed but your right about where he started and where he ended. He did win a couple of awards and one was for the biggest gain.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:06 am

Congratulations Tony now for the championship Good LUCK
<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 am

Well its time to be critical of the idot hosts and anylists on Nascar shows .

Funny how when Tony won last yr winning half the races in the chase it stunned them and while they still admit he is one of the best drivers ever, NOW this yr despite seeing his wins this yr and his abilitys despite bad cars to maintain his top 10 in points and be seeded 3rd, suddenly he isnt a favorite anymore this yr to win it all. Now they are suggesting what happenned last yr will never repeat again. For that reason alone i would love to see Tony do similar to shut them up although winning half the chase races may not happen again, but winning enough to take the chase is possible. Now Jeff has a shot--wow--because he got lucky and won a race earlier and Kyles CC made a bad call and the crew messed up which allowed Jeff to out point him to get in the chase so now Jeff can win the Chase--NOT likely, but no offense to Jeff as yes--I know what a great career he has had, but he isnt the same driver he once was. Facts are Tony doesnt get alot of respect unless he does something amazing despite his great career. I do know though its the Tv guys job to try and put a different story in the headlines to create interest but ignoring Tony and his ability to win --regardless-- is something NOT to be ignored. Guess we'll see? Hamlin is looking good and so is the 48 and a few others, but saying even Jr can win it all, but Tony cant--Lookout. 8-)
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 am

8-)
racer1 wrote:Well its time to be critical of the idot hosts and anylists on Nascar shows .

Funny how when Tony won last yr winning half the races in the chase it stunned them and while they still admit he is one of the best drivers ever, NOW this yr despite seeing his wins this yr and his abilitys despite bad cars to maintain his top 10 in points and be seeded 3rd, suddenly he isnt a favorite anymore this yr to win it all. Now they are suggesting what happenned last yr will never repeat again. For that reason alone i would love to see Tony do similar to shut them up although winning half the chase races may not happen again, but winning enough to take the chase is possible. Now Jeff has a shot--wow--because he got lucky and won a race earlier and Kyles CC made a bad call and the crew messed up which allowed Jeff to out point him to get in the chase so now Jeff can win the Chase--NOT likely, but no offense to Jeff as yes--I know what a great career he has had, but he isnt the same driver he once was. Facts are Tony doesnt get alot of respect unless he does something amazing despite his great career. I do know though its the Tv guys job to try and put a different story in the headlines to create interest but ignoring Tony and his ability to win --regardless-- is something NOT to be ignored. Guess we'll see? Hamlin is looking good and so is the 48 and a few others, but saying even Jr can win it all, but Tony cant--Lookout. 8-)

You are soooooooo right!! Sometimes I think when the camera comes on and the microphone is in their hand ........Their brain goes completely DEAD..... But this is good motivation for Tony....he loves proving them wrong!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Well, I'm just throwing this out there and i know it won't be popular, but I'm a realist. What Tony did last year was phenomenal. That said, I think it's a one in a lifetime statement he made. It's never been done and I think it's highly unlikely we'll see anything like that again. Not that he doesn't have the talent, we all know better than that. He just doesn't have any consistency. I'm not saying he won't repeat, but there are 11 others that have a say in it. The media is a Jr lover, as is half the nation, we all know that so they'll be throwing him in there till it's mathematically impossible. But that's only if he doesn't contend for the title. There are 10 races to decide this and I'm in no position to predict a winner. Tony has never repeated a championship back to back like JJ. No, I'm not jumping on the JJ band wagon, but, to he honest, I'd kind of like to see somebody new. That's my outlook and I'm prepared to be blasted for it :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:03 pm

racer1 wrote:Well its time to be critical of the idot hosts and anylists on Nascar shows .

A lot of that has to do with Tony's relationship with the media, which I'm sure I don't have to explain. They can't rag on him, call him a loser, scrub...etc. because he's elite. So, when they get the chance to downgrade his chances they take it...otherwise they try to ignore him. No big deal, just how it is.

I don't pay attention to the media on things like this anyway. Just news, like which driver is changing seats, which sponsors are coming/going, silly season stuff. All this is just speculation, and they're just guessing, just like everyone else. They may think their opinions are more astute because of their job title...but, it's really no better than anyone else's who follows the series, including anyone here. We're all just guessing in the end.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:53 pm

Rochelle wrote:Well, I'm just throwing this out there and i know it won't be popular, but I'm a realist. What Tony did last year was phenomenal. That said, I think it's a one in a lifetime statement he made. It's never been done and I think it's highly unlikely we'll see anything like that again. Not that he doesn't have the talent, we all know better than that. He just doesn't have any consistency. I'm not saying he won't repeat, but there are 11 others that have a say in it. The media is a Jr lover, as is half the nation, we all know that so they'll be throwing him in there till it's mathematically impossible. But that's only if he doesn't contend for the title. There are 10 races to decide this and I'm in no position to predict a winner. Tony has never repeated a championship back to back like JJ. No, I'm not jumping on the JJ band wagon, but, to he honest, I'd kind of like to see somebody new. That's my outlook and I'm prepared to be blasted for it :D

Bite your tongue new champion? It would be cool if Harvick, Jr or Hamlin won. But Smoke is the only one I want to see be the champion. Tony may not do what he did last year. But he probably doesn't have to do that to win the championship. Mainly because I don't see anyone rising up to that level too. If he can win two to three races and be consistent he can win it. And he can do that. And it doesn't matter that he has never won two titles in a row. That is the past. Before last year he has never won more than three chase races, and had never came from behind in the last race to win the championship.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
Next

Return to Tony