FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm a LITTLE confused here.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:08 pm

Re: I'm a LITTLE confused here.

Yep....Wolfgang's right,I held back a bit just because I was INFURIATED with THAT decision. What puzzles me too is that when some of these so-called "atheists" start to have some hard times in their lives.....what do they say? you guessed it, "Oh GOD help me" Freedoms are a sacred thing and to see some of society push and push until those freedoms are nothing more than an after-thought,is really bothersome. So,until some #### off just home from 2 years of combat,service member takes it upon him/herself to go "center-mass" with an old fashioned M-1 rifle (that's what we used) on one of the protester douche' bags I guess I'll just sit back and wait. When it DOES happen (and it will), I hope the highest ranking officer in whatever branch of the service the HERO belongs to,gives him/her a medal. Until you've been on the "burial detail / honor guard" you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what it is all about. In my time,I've buried WWI vets,WWII vets, Korean War vets and even a Congressional Medal of Honor winner.....God help the first moronic idiot who has the gall to try to infringe on the sanctity of the ceremony. If I was still serving, the first person to take down a protester MIGHT be me. Funny thing is, the people I served under during my time on that detail would have NO PROBLEM looking the other way. Strange how serving with decorated veterans tends to heighten one's awareness of certain little quirks of the world and makes you appreciate certain subtleties even more. I'm done now so,thanks for letting me vent
.............................SEMPER FI !!
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:42 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Yep....Wolfgang's right,I held back a bit just because I was INFURIATED with THAT decision. What puzzles me too is that when some of these so-called "atheists" start to have some hard times in their lives.....what do they say? you guessed it, "Oh GOD help me" Freedoms are a sacred thing and to see some of society push and push until those freedoms are nothing more than an after-thought,is really bothersome. So,until some #### off just home from 2 years of combat,service member takes it upon him/herself to go "center-mass" with an old fashioned M-1 rifle (that's what we used) on one of the protester douche' bags I guess I'll just sit back and wait. When it DOES happen (and it will), I hope the highest ranking officer in whatever branch of the service the HERO belongs to,gives him/her a medal. Until you've been on the "burial detail / honor guard" you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what it is all about. In my time,I've buried WWI vets,WWII vets, Korean War vets and even a Congressional Medal of Honor winner.....God help the first moronic idiot who has the gall to try to infringe on the sanctity of the ceremony. If I was still serving, the first person to take down a protester MIGHT be me. Funny thing is, the people I served under during my time on that detail would have NO PROBLEM looking the other way. Strange how serving with decorated veterans tends to heighten one's awareness of certain little quirks of the world and makes you appreciate certain subtleties even more. I'm done now so,thanks for letting me vent

I was being conservative MW,but you pretty much seem to have the same attitude i do about this B.S. Honor Gaurds are highly respected in my book,i could never accept death at any level and because of that i never volunteered for it.Thanks for being that soldier i never could.
Last edited by wolfgang on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

tonycrazy

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I understand the courts decision. The law is pretty black & white. I guess my question, is what the #### makes someone decide to protest a funeral? Whats to be gained or brought to light. I mean there has to be some kinda of rules to having Human Compassion, or what good are laws?
I mean this gets about as personal as I think you can get. I also know there are laws about personal space & laws against inciting. People are not allowed to enter your home to protest, that is your personal space. I think they may need to make laws making Funerals personal space. (excuse me since I am not a lawyer, & I am sure could be explained better but you get what I mean)
I do know this & I swear to god, if my son ever died in the military defending the right of those that want to protest what he died for, I would gladly beat the crap out those people so they could prove they had their rights violated, & they had better pray there is someone that was bigger than me & cared enough to pulll me off of them!

#### my heart would have to go out to the family that had something like that happen to them, during that time. I also would hate to be a cop being forced to enforce their rights. I would have to be like, I am sorry I didnt see that guy hitting you over & over again in the face!

So my question is, now that I am getting worked up over this. What exactly are they protesting at this military funeral?

CHEERS!!!! CHEERS!!! CHEERS!!! THANK YOU SCHMOOP!!!!

tc

<<

tonycrazy

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:48 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Yep....Wolfgang's right,I held back a bit just because I was INFURIATED with THAT decision. What puzzles me too is that when some of these so-called "atheists" start to have some hard times in their lives.....what do they say? you guessed it, "Oh GOD help me" Freedoms are a sacred thing and to see some of society push and push until those freedoms are nothing more than an after-thought,is really bothersome. So,until some #### off just home from 2 years of combat,service member takes it upon him/herself to go "center-mass" with an old fashioned M-1 rifle (that's what we used) on one of the protester douche' bags I guess I'll just sit back and wait. When it DOES happen (and it will), I hope the highest ranking officer in whatever branch of the service the HERO belongs to,gives him/her a medal. Until you've been on the "burial detail / honor guard" you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what it is all about. In my time,I've buried WWI vets,WWII vets, Korean War vets and even a Congressional Medal of Honor winner.....God help the first moronic idiot who has the gall to try to infringe on the sanctity of the ceremony. If I was still serving, the first person to take down a protester MIGHT be me. Funny thing is, the people I served under during my time on that detail would have NO PROBLEM looking the other way. Strange how serving with decorated veterans tends to heighten one's awareness of certain little quirks of the world and makes you appreciate certain subtleties even more. I'm done now so,thanks for letting me vent

Just because THIS bears repeating........WTFG MW!!!!!!! U ROCK my friend!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL!!!!!!!!!

tc

<<

jamo14

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:42 am

This protest group originates from Kansas, more like rant group.
Their main message is not the war itself, but the allowance of homosexuals in the military.
So like the moron from the 700 Club saying Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment over an evil city, these people that show up at the funerals of current fallen soldiers say they died because our military's acceptance of homosexuality (God's punishing all soldiers)

They show up whether the fallen soldier was homosexual or not. To them it doesn't matter. It's your typical guilt by association rant.

I often wonder about people who use the bible to judge people.
You would think they would know that God doesn't like that either.
A sin is a sin right? There are no degrees of sin right? So judging people is no different than homosexuality.

But, some people just like to judge. They pull bible verses out, and use those to say that a person, or a group of people are less Godly than others. They think certain verses of the bible pertain to them, when in fact most books of the bible tell stories of why and how things happened.....and are often repeated later to preach to certain people of that era on how to live their daily lives.
The people that do this often leave out the verses before and after, that explain why a certain verse is being written.
They basically take out what's suitable for their situation, so they can judge people.
They always forget that one very important thing that Jesus said: Thou shalt not judge...no less important than anything written in the bible.
There is a lot of history written in the bible, that their families can benefit more from.
Last edited by jamo14 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:58 am

EXCELLENT JAMOOOOOO!!!!!! :D

tc

<<

tonycrazy

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:18 am

This is a snipit from tonites episode of Blue Bloods....it show the disreguard for our vets....a tad off subject from this post but the msg is the same....

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/blue_bloods/video/?play=true&pid=D0HNDyMn8LmroT1acT5UfLfYt8QfTz16

<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 am

the ACLU comes to mind.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

peanut1439

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:42 am

tlmerk wrote:the ACLU comes to mind.

There ya go !!!!!
I want to Thank ALL that posted here their outrage at The Westboro Baptist Church for this despictable thing that they do. Thank the Patriot Guard for their help. And if any member gets arrested for beating the crap out of one of those jerks, let me know & I will contribute to their defense fund.
This world is full of nutjobs, but these people take the cake. I would gladly take part in any protest outside or inside their Church. Thanks for posting this MWS, it's nice to see Patrioism alive & well in this group.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:24 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I understand the courts decision. The law is pretty black & white. I guess my question, is what the #### makes someone decide to protest a funeral? Whats to be gained or brought to light. I mean there has to be some kinda of rules to having Human Compassion, or what good are laws?
I mean this gets about as personal as I think you can get. I also know there are laws about personal space & laws against inciting. People are not allowed to enter your home to protest, that is your personal space. I think they may need to make laws making Funerals personal space. (excuse me since I am not a lawyer, & I am sure could be explained better but you get what I mean)
I do know this & I swear to god, if my son ever died in the military defending the right of those that want to protest what he died for, I would gladly beat the crap out those people so they could prove they had their rights violated, & they had better pray there is someone that was bigger than me & cared enough to pulll me off of them!

#### my heart would have to go out to the family that had something like that happen to them, during that time. I also would hate to be a cop being forced to enforce their rights. I would have to be like, I am sorry I didnt see that guy hitting you over & over again in the face!

So my question is, now that I am getting worked up over this. What exactly are they protesting at this military funeral?

They are protesting the military in Irac and Afganistan. There are people in this world who have nothing better to do than screw up someone elses day. They have laws that give that right. What ever happened to compassion? The protestors do not know the meaning of the word. What I don't understand is the fact that interrupting a funeral is legal. What ever happened to the families space? They didn't start the military action. The sad part is whoever died and has a funeral is giving the jerks their rights. Where in he11 is their rights? The victim has no rights.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:34 am

We have had them show up a few times here, but it has not been a military funeral. It has been for a high profile funeral for that of an accident victim where the kid was killed by a drunk driver who was also on drugs and killed a legislators child.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
Previous

Return to The Lobby