FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thoughts and Prayers

<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Thoughts and Prayers

You know sometimes life deals you what seems like an unfair hand in life.

A friend of mine from high school got in touch me with me tonight because she needed somebody to talk to that would listen and not preach to her.

Her best friend, who she thinks of as more like a sister, is 22 years old and has been diagnosed with cancer. She knew my Mom had been diagnosed with cancer 3 times and is still alive today and knew I would be the person to talk to. She wanted to know how she got through it.

I told her that she got through it by her Faith in God and reading the positive parts of the Bible. She needs to keep her friend in prayer, keep her hopes positive, never be afraid to ask for a second opinion from another doctor, and to have people come in and pray with her...but, also for other people she knows who are also struggling so she remembers they have their problems as well so she does not take pitty on herself or take a negative attitude on a constant basis. A lot of this came from my Mom to suggest to her.

She is going back and forth to Boston for treatment. I reminded her that a friend of mine was given 6 months to live and was being treated in Boston and lived more than 5 years. So when God is in control and you put your life in His hands and the doctors and nurses in His hands. Anything can happen.

They both are Christians and are in need of support. I will do my part.

My friend and hers are very depressed and feel like somebody has ripped out their hearts. So if everybody would please throw all your thoughts and prayers in their direction. Aim them in the direction of Boston, MA and Portland, ME it would be appreciated.

If anybody has anything I can suggest or pass on. I would be willing to do that.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Thoughts and Prayers

I am not as religious as you & those you speak of, but I can speak from experience.
I do believe in mind over matter (to a point)

My mother was told she would be lucky to make it 6 months. This was when i was 21 yrs old. my mother didnt pass away until after I was 36 yrs old. yes it wasnt fun times, but she survived 15 yrs of doctors telling her she would be lucky to see next week.
She used to tell me, the doctors dont realize I am not ready to go yet. I will go when I am ready. Literally when I talked to Doctors they couldnt understand how she was still kickin'. I told them what she would tell me. To the point her main doctor said when Hospice was trying to get their claws into her. hey I will put my money on your mom over medicine.
Point being I have seen people be told something from doctors & they just quickly deterioate & die. I have seen others that get it in there head they arent going anywhere & to the point doctors cant explain it. Tell your friend to just stay strong (in mind) & a bit stubborn.
One other thing my mom used to say. I am going to live my life until I die. She wouldnt let them keep her long term in hospitals. She always went home when posssible. Sometimes even when they didnt want her too. If your friend is surrounded by those that make her strong. There is no substitute. Dont let Doctors dictate how she feels. The mind is a powerful thing. Keep things that would stress her out away as much as you can (obviously you cant stop everything) Stress is a killer to sick people. A lot of times Doctors take a will away from someone because that person thinks the Doctor knows best.
I dont normally put my personal stuff on these kinds of boards, but I have never witnessed a better example of mind over matter. you can pick & choose what you need to tell your friend from this.
tell her to keep her mind strong & dont buy into she is dying (realize doctors arent always right) & she might even feel better. Dont know all the details of your friend, but they can send cancer into remission so she should keep hope for that as well. I think after awhile my mom was just enjoying proving doctors wrong. LOL She was fiesty like that.
Just stay strong & you are correct try & keep negative crap away from her.
Wish the best for her.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am

Always have believed in the power of prayer. God answers prayers. Just got to keep the faith. I had a similar situation too. My late grandma had cancer. She wasn't supposed to last up to a year. She last for three more years. I remember being at her dead bed when I was nine.

She just has to fight it. Sometimes God's will is for that person to beat it and be cancer free. Other times sadly it isn't. She will definitely be in my prayers.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 am

She is very young to have to go through all this, but youth maybe a blessing too. Life can be very unfair.. Hope all goes well .....Good thoughts and prayers for her.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

TonyTina14

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:46 pm

beaverpond wrote:You know sometimes life deals you what seems like an unfair hand in life.

A friend of mine from high school got in touch me with me tonight because she needed somebody to talk to that would listen and not preach to her.

Her best friend, who she thinks of as more like a sister, is 22 years old and has been diagnosed with cancer. She knew my Mom had been diagnosed with cancer 3 times and is still alive today and knew I would be the person to talk to. She wanted to know how she got through it.

I told her that she got through it by her Faith in God and reading the positive parts of the Bible. She needs to keep her friend in prayer, keep her hopes positive, never be afraid to ask for a second opinion from another doctor, and to have people come in and pray with her...but, also for other people she knows who are also struggling so she remembers they have their problems as well so she does not take pitty on herself or take a negative attitude on a constant basis. A lot of this came from my Mom to suggest to her.

She is going back and forth to Boston for treatment. I reminded her that a friend of mine was given 6 months to live and was being treated in Boston and lived more than 5 years. So when God is in control and you put your life in His hands and the doctors and nurses in His hands. Anything can happen.

They both are Christians and are in need of support. I will do my part.

My friend and hers are very depressed and feel like somebody has ripped out their hearts. So if everybody would please throw all your thoughts and prayers in their direction. Aim them in the direction of Boston, MA and Portland, ME it would be appreciated.

If anybody has anything I can suggest or pass on. I would be willing to do that.

2 NEW CANCER DRUGS HAVE JUST BEEN OKED BY USA TO MAKE!
COMPANY PFIZER INC. WILL BE MAKING THEM CHECK IT OUT ON NET IT WAS JUST ON NEWS PRAYERS FOR YOUR FRIENDS GOD BLESS!!

Return to The Lobby