FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fallen WV State Troopers

<<

kim92164

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 am

Fallen WV State Troopers

Last Tuesday 2 WV State Troopers were shot, 1 was killed at the scene the 2nd passed away Friday. Please remember their families in your thoughts and prayers.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:36 am

Re: Fallen WV State Troopers

We loose way too many ........God bless them for their service....They paid the ultimate price!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 am

what the #### happened?
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:25 am

The troopers had arrested a guy for driving erratically, had him handcuffed in the front and put him into the back of the cruiser. He retrieved a hidden gun shot the 2 police officers, a tow truck driver and a deputy sheriff before being killed. The tow truck driver and deputy survived. Then last night not far from where I live a young man murdered his family. It's sad as to what goes on. People act before they think.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Wow, what is with all the violence lately? This whole summer has been nothing but shooting after shooting. I really don't understand what's the matter with people. It's so disheartening to see that so many just want to inflict pain on others. Very sad circumstances all across the country and the world.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Up here it is not so much by use of a gun...it is more by use of the automobile and ATV.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Around here it's very unusual for stuff like this to happen, but when it does it devastates a lot of people. In the latest shooting 2 counties were effected as the mother that was killed was a teacher at the local high school.
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:31 pm

I was just reading one of our statewide papers. It said that this was the most deadly Labor Day Weekend on our states highways since 1986 with 2 deaths on Friday night and 5 on Sunday and 1 on Monday. Of all of these, two involved alcohol that we are aware of at this point.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:38 pm

To add to my previous statement. Before the weekend, the Maine State Police had released a statement that we had 56 auto deaths in all of last year. As of August 1st, we had already reached 51 and due to the number of deaths in recent weeks, we know we have surpassed that number.

40% of these deaths are of people over the age of 70

45% of these deaths are of people under the age of 22

15% of these deaths are between the ages of 23 and 69

In July we had a Maine State Trooper stop a 72 year old man driving south bound in the north bound lane. He stopped him by using the front of his cruiser. This took place on Interstate 295. If I can find that link, I will post it. The guy did not think he could stop in the median.

http://wgme.com/news/features/raw-news/ ... d_27.shtml

Here is the funny, but not funny thing, in 2008 this same Trooper stopped a 76 year old man doing the same thing except this one was on Interstate 95. Oh, but I am not done yet. He did this one last time in 2006 on Interstate 95 with a 77 year old man. Besides getting new cruiser ever 18 months, but look at all the lives he saved. All these old men only escaped with bumps and bruises when running into our police cruisers.
Image Image

<<

kim92164

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 am

I hear people put police officers down because of how they act, they have to be tough or they won't get the point across. I've seen some that do over use their authority, but I still respect them and admire the courage they have. For the most part if you treat them with respect you will get that back. Bottom line is they have a job to do that I surely couldn't do. Good grief if I had to use a gun I'd be worse than Barney Fife, lol. I can't shoot the broadside of a barn standing in the barn with the windows and doors shut.
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 am

I was in law enforcement for awhile and know what they go through. I have seen my fair share of people take on law enforcement officers with everything from metal pipes, to knives, to guns, to automobiles.

The one that sticks out in my mind the most right now is during an OUI stop and while that driver was deemed sober. The driver that ran into the two police cruisers was more than three times the legal limit. The driver said he saw the light and just wanted to get closer. He bounced off one cruiser and then rearended the other forcing the front cruiser into the car they pulled over.

Just before this crash, one officer saw this coming and they grabbed the citizen and went over the guardrail to help protect themselves.
Image Image

Return to The Lobby