FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Well... That sucked

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Well... That sucked

Man it was a struggle early on for Tony. Just never could get the handling. 22nd two laps down. I am very worried about the chase. I hope that they have better cars for the chase. Very disappointing result.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Well... That sucked

I have to agree, I thought WTH? He was good in practice and well, we know where he qualified. They better get their act together for Richmond. Denny's a beast lately. Felt bad for Ryan, that sucked too. How they never got that car right is ridiculous. I know they still have Richmond, but I think poor Ryan is pretty much out of the chase. That really sucks :cry:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

racer1

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:02 am

Well--Tony will never admit but--I believe he screwed up getting rid of his winning CC from last yr and that CC is showing him just that, course Hamlin is really good as well and may just win it all? This other CC with Tony just doesnt seem to know how to fix it, kind of like the CC in NNS who cant figure it out.

Tony is in the Chase anyway and too bad for Ryan, but as they like to say--ITS Nascar-- but IT sucks now & then. Danica finished the entire race in one piece so thats an achievement in itself? Switched the race off & on for a few hrs due to boredom as it was a terrible boring race-- till the end anyway. 8-)
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:08 am

Lost the race (miserably) 22nd???.......Really, his car was a complete mess...team mate Ryan taken out by the 48, only one more chance to make the chase and a big sponsor GONE....what is going on?? Come on guys, you can do better than this....... :( :x :x

SHR get your act together!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 am

racer1 wrote:Well--Tony will never admit but--I believe he screwed up getting rid of his winning CC from last yr and that CC is showing him just that, course Hamlin is really good as well and may just win it all? This other CC with Tony just doesnt seem to know how to fix it, kind of like the CC in NNS who cant figure it out.

Tony is in the Chase anyway and too bad for Ryan, but as they like to say--ITS Nascar-- but IT sucks now & then. Danica finished the entire race in one piece so thats an achievement in itself? Switched the race off & on for a few hrs due to boredom as it was a terrible boring race-- till the end anyway. 8-)

that was a mistake gettin rid of DG, but no one will ever know whybut i also would not be surprised if GZ came back next year as tony's CC and SA goes to Danica full time, and the most pathetic CC in nascar stays with ryan,
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:26 am

Sh*t....I remember last year about this time, there were LOTSA folks calling for DG's head because Tony hadn't won a race all year. Then when Tony wins....it becomes a mistake to let DG go. I'm not quite sure I follow the rationale there. I think people are gettin' too wound too quickly. If Steve Addington can guide a brash, vocal, at times bitchy 23 yr old to 8 wins in a single season, I do believe he'll be able to handle a 41 yr old 3 time Champ. All I gotta say is......Chill out folks, the party hasn't even started yet. The 1st 26 races are dress rehearsals. Juuuuuust remember, the 14 team still has all the notes and tech data from last year. We'll see in a few months.....won't we??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 am

i wasnt one askin for DG's head, i always liked him
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 am

Tony had his mind set on getting SA at the end of last season. So be it. He's the boss and gets to make those choices.

What I wish he had done was to move DG over to the #39 team and dump TG. :( Just like last year with Tony, DG is propelling Denny into the Chase this year. I wish him well in the Chase.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

SoDakotaJune39

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:52 am

HiddenHollow wrote:What I wish he had done was to move DG over to the #39 team and dump TG. :( Just like last year with Tony, DG is propelling Denny into the Chase this year. I wish him well in the Chase.

HH I so totally agree with you! I just get sick when I think where Darian could have gotten Ryan had he just been moved over. But maybe Darian thought of it as a demotion of sorts. Anyway, doesn't matter cuz it didn't happen.

If Ryan stays with SHR he had better have a new CC for next year! That's all I have to say. LOL ;)
June in South Dakota

Go Rocketman! Go Smoke!
Go Stewart-Haas Racing!!
RNFC member
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 am

SoDakotaJune39 wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:What I wish he had done was to move DG over to the #39 team and dump TG. :( Just like last year with Tony, DG is propelling Denny into the Chase this year. I wish him well in the Chase.

HH I so totally agree with you! I just get sick when I think where Darian could have gotten Ryan had he just been moved over. But maybe Darian thought of it as a demotion of sorts. Anyway, doesn't matter cuz it didn't happen.

If Ryan stays with SHR he had better have a new CC for next year! That's all I have to say. LOL ;)

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. But you are right - we'll never know.

Apparently, Tony & Ryan don't see a reason to replace TG, something that a lot of us here don't understand, including me. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

im4tony

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:29 am

I think Darien is using all the notes from Tony's car last year and that is what has helped Denny.
Steve needs to do the same.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:Sh*t....I remember last year about this time, there were LOTSA folks calling for DG's head because Tony hadn't won a race all year. Then when Tony wins....it becomes a mistake to let DG go. I'm not quite sure I follow the rationale there. I think people are gettin' too wound too quickly. If Steve Addington can guide a brash, vocal, at times bitchy 23 yr old to 8 wins in a single season, I do believe he'll be able to handle a 41 yr old 3 time Champ. All I gotta say is......Chill out folks, the party hasn't even started yet. The 1st 26 races are dress rehearsals. Juuuuuust remember, the 14 team still has all the notes and tech data from last year. We'll see in a few months.....won't we??

I have to agree with you on this one. I was even wondering if some of this was practice for the CHASE but I'm hoping it wasn't as that is not very smart. We'll never know as no one in their right mind would admit it. I don't know if the Crew Chief change in this was wrong either. Tony and Darian had a personality difference and that is hard to work out. As for Denny I think he just "maned" up and listens to what someone else has to say. He wants a championship to replace the close call he had a few years ago. Check out Carl as he hasn't been at the top of the points since last year.
And yes, midwesternsmoke we will find out if we stick around to see it. At this point I'm not ready to bet the farm on anything.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Its the curse of yet another adolescent girlfriend. Happens every time. Go ahead, rip me up, but you know its true.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i wasnt one askin for DG's head, i always liked him

You're one o' the few.......I had my doubts as well. I do know that Tony was calling the shots thru most of the chase so take that for what its worth. Once again, we'll see. 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HRR

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

get rid of the bimbo.. that would be a start, secondly, I don't believe that DG was able to take his notes from SHR to JGR... And if he did.. it is biting Tony in the ####. Tony had one of the best overall records at Atlanta, besides, it was his type of track.. so what was the problem? It was not a typical day for the 14 team, its like a curse like last year.. We all know, he was robbed by the water bottle at Richmond in the spring.. so, you know that is going to be on his mind this weekend. One other thing, since the announcement about Army leaving, I have noticed the downward slide of SHR as a whole. Was no surprise what happened last night... I think some bigger news will be announced by the end of this week about SHR. It is too late in the year for another sponsor to jump on Tony's SHR team cars (major) ones. So, you might hear that SHR, will slim down to 2 cars, 14 and 10 next year, and Go Daddy becoming a part time deal with 14 team. That would be the only real solution for this issue with sponsors. Danica goes full time next year, Ryan will be out, and or.. there is one more possibility.. Kurt Busch coming to 39 team, bring Monster Energy to SHR.. bet you have not thought of that possibility. :D :D
Next

Return to Tony