FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm a LITTLE confused here.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 am

I'm a LITTLE confused here.

SO..... The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that you have the right to PROTEST MILITARY FUNERALS??
What in the flyin' fu@k is going on with this diluted chicken sh1t place we call home??? It seems like every time one turns around,another tradition is being attacked. I guarandamntee ONE THING,if this is in accordance with some diluted interpretation of the 1st Amendment, I DARE SOMEONE to start their protest AT a Military Funeral. When I was on the "Burial Detail" we used LIVE AMMUNITION.......
Imagine that,a bunch of bleeding heart wuss-bags want to protest the burial of the very people that continue to give them the ability to even breathe......I SAY BULL$HIT!!
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

justlisa

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:21 am

Re: I'm a LITTLE confused here.

You have got to be kidding me that makes me sick to my stomach.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 am

...and 44 states and thousands more towns and cities have enacted limits on how close they can get to the families vehicles during a funeral or its procession. The standard seems to be 1000 to 1500 feet. However, there is nothing that prevents friends and vets from doing the same thing to prevent these people from being seen or heard.

I actually have read a couple of articles where this group was going to show up, but a bunch of the towns people had already gotten a special permit to have memorial on both sides of the street going all the way to and from the funeral, they remained silent as a show of respect for the family. The opposing group had shown up from the Westboro Church and found out there was no place for them to set up anywhere in town, so they left. People are wising up to their actions and will do what it takes to keep them out.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

daniluvs14

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 am

well let them exercise their 1st amendment rights.. then let them see how everyone else exercises their 2nd amendment rights... yep.. :shock: :twisted:

idk about everyone else but here in indiana we have the patriot guard that shows up at any funeral for a serviceperson killed int he line of duty.. they stop all the crap from even starting.
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

karton

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 am

Yeah, the Patriot Guard are in all the states now but they will only act as an honor guard to keep protestor from getting to close. In some high profile cases they will opt out so as not to elevate the media coverage.
I will rise when my SAVIOR calls my name. Will you?
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:SO..... The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that you have the right to PROTEST MILITARY FUNERALS??
What in the flyin' fu@k is going on with this diluted chicken sh1t place we call home??? It seems like every time one turns around,another tradition is being attacked. I guarandamntee ONE THING,if this is in accordance with some diluted interpretation of the 1st Amendment, I DARE SOMEONE to start their protest AT a Military Funeral. When I was on the "Burial Detail" we used LIVE AMMUNITION.......
Imagine that,a bunch of bleeding heart wuss-bags want to protest the burial of the very people that continue to give them the ability to even breathe......I SAY BULL$HIT!!

Glad to see someone with the guts to post their opinion. I totally agree. Central Michigan has had their share of this BS and people are getting sick of it. They've tried to block the protesters but they found a bunch of lawyers who said they have the right to protest. One family found a way to intimidate the protesters. They had someone who has rigged a trailer to carry a casket behind the mototorcycle take their son to the cemetary. Would anyone in their right mind try to mess with a bunch of Hells Angels coming down the road? I wouldn't. The protesters weren't local this bunch came from out of state.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

WOW... I can't even believe it. I think a protest of the Protesters would be great!
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

tonycrazy

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Ok there is a sayin i see a lot in fb......it states......"If ur not willing to stand behind our soldiers you can gladly stand in front of them"........Protesting Military funerals is bs......i dont think our 1st amendment was created to protect these idiots.....and yes i say idiots, cowards, or whatever u wish to call em.....and if anyone is for this kind of disrespect then im sorry for u but i stand behind my words and u seem to be in the minority.... :x

tc

<<

jamo14

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:31 pm

organize a homosexual parade on the other end of town as a distraction the same day as the funeral.

or organize a protest during all of their church services with signs that say "I pay taxes, so the Bill of Rights pertain to me"

OR
go the "Police Academy" route, and tell em the wake is at a certain address, and that address is a homosexual bar

:lol:
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Well... I'm probably gonna get slammed for this opinion... or be accused of being a "lover-of-the-people-who-protest" ... but give me just a minute, ok?

Being able to protest... ( the price of onions, your government, abortion, Nazi lovers, whatever ) is one of the Constitutions rights. The Arab countries have never been allowed to protest until now, and look at them go.

Right now, under our current government, we have a Republic with a Democratic form of voting. The Republic assures everyone, that they have rights, like protesting. No one likes the subject matter of the protests... but it becomes a slippery slope when one starts making exceptions to the rule.

What if, we the people, decided those people can't protest? Then the mob has taken over and the protesters have no rights, as they would under a Republic. The majority vote works well for certain things... but not when it comes to someone's else constitutional rights. Remember.... YOUR constitutional rights only seem important when they are taken away from YOU.

The laws have been made to be fair to all.... not a select group, with an opinion of good taste.

What if things went the other way? No funerals and only protests. Would YOU then want to protest and thank your constitution that you have the right to do so?

Just giving some food for thought....

and btw - I think it's HORRIBLE that those people do that ( protest funerals ) but they do have the right, and I'm still thankful I live in a country where I can protest... even the protesters with out worry of Libya, China or other countries who simply kill the protesters.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Wow Smokie, that's exactly what I was thinking but decided not to post. The fact that our military fought/fights/has died and dies to protect the very freedoms that guarantee the right to protest in this way is ironic but true. I would rather have these rights than not have them and you have to look at the whole picture, just not the side effects of this freedom.

Now that does not mean I don't want to kick those protestors butts and secretly hope there are cops who follow them home and give them each speeding tix, etc. but to take away their rights to protest would be minimizing the contribution of the very people they protest--- the American soldier.

But to MWS... YOU def. have a right to be #### off about this. It sounds like you are one of the ones who fought in the military when you know dang well the trolls that are protesting did not and probably would not. I can completely understand your outrage (and I'm sure Smokie does too), but as a poli sci major in college, I have to look to the Constitution for my persepective. But I'm also an Army brat having been born at Tripler Army Hosp. in Hawaii and living in places like Paris before my dad retired from the Army when I was about 15. So vets def. have my respect!
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:43 pm

jamo14 wrote:organize a homosexual parade on the other end of town as a distraction the same day as the funeral.

or organize a protest during all of their church services with signs that say "I pay taxes, so the Bill of Rights pertain to me"

OR
go the "Police Academy" route, and tell em the wake is at a certain address, and that address is a homosexual bar

:lol:

Jamo this is the best suggestion yet.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:37 pm

I understand the courts decision. The law is pretty black & white. I guess my question, is what the #### makes someone decide to protest a funeral? Whats to be gained or brought to light. I mean there has to be some kinda of rules to having Human Compassion, or what good are laws?
I mean this gets about as personal as I think you can get. I also know there are laws about personal space & laws against inciting. People are not allowed to enter your home to protest, that is your personal space. I think they may need to make laws making Funerals personal space. (excuse me since I am not a lawyer, & I am sure could be explained better but you get what I mean)
I do know this & I swear to god, if my son ever died in the military defending the right of those that want to protest what he died for, I would gladly beat the crap out those people so they could prove they had their rights violated, & they had better pray there is someone that was bigger than me & cared enough to pulll me off of them!

#### my heart would have to go out to the family that had something like that happen to them, during that time. I also would hate to be a cop being forced to enforce their rights. I would have to be like, I am sorry I didnt see that guy hitting you over & over again in the face!

So my question is, now that I am getting worked up over this. What exactly are they protesting at this military funeral?
ImageImageImage
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I realize that our constitution gives everyone rights. Yeah, that means all those idiots that want to complain and gripe about everything from french fries being served in school lunches to our troops fighting in Afganistan.
If they want to go to Washington and rally in front of the Capitol building then so be it, but to show up at a military funeral is not only pathetic, and idiotic, but totally disrespectful to the grieving family. It's a shame they don't have the decency to realize they wouldn't have the right to picket at all if it weren't for all the lives our brave military personnel have given up fighting to give them that right.
There are some people that just shouldn't be called Americans! :oops:
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Think about it,it all started with religion and working its' way through anything this country once stood for! The end times here or are we at a start of a new revolutionary war? Who makes this @hit up anyway? The thought of our tax dollars and time being spent on B.S.like this?!!!!!!!!!This should have never even been thought of,let alone put into affect!
Next

Return to The Lobby