FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NNS 13th finish

<<

racer1

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:28 am

NNS 13th finish

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/D ... ell-090112

I loved her comment when she hit the pience of tire and said "shes hit everything else on the track so whats a piece of tire"--funny stuff. Also Buescher is an idiot and his spotter must be blind or daydreaming not to let him know she had the lane as she was against the wall and no where else to go but then again hes a one-off who wrecks alot anyway when in NNS. Danica basically apologized for the wreck, but it wasnt her fault clearly, but it did change the race outcome but Ricky & her are great friends so one might say he owes her indirectly for his win>

Also a friend of mine heard on a scanner that she actually gave her CC Tony eury Jr "what for" as she struggled with a poor setup all night and finally during a conversation with him she told him basically " since she was the one on the track driving maybe he should listen to her about the car" and reportedly Tony Jr had no response after that. Like I said I dont consider Jr Motorsports a top team or even close in my opinion as she often has a lousy car setup they cant seem to fix. On a similar note: Some may have heard her comments when interviewed after Cup qualifying 23rd, as a comparison to this, that she was happy that her Cup CC actually listened to what she had to say about the car and fixed the setup so well, she reportedly told them she was surprised how good they made the car for her--says alot for me.

Based on all this, Iam feeling better about her going to cup maybe but still concerned if she goes Cup who will be her CC as Zippy has said recently it wont be him? 8-)
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 am

Re: NNS 13th finish

Give her TG & get Ryan a new CC. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:34 am

13th is decent. But it isn't anything special. She showed once again though that she is a fighter. And she will need that next year.

I followed her on race buddy and her communication skills have developed tremendously. People don't understand what a different world open wheel is to stock cars. She knows what she wants out of a car now an that is another big step.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Give her TG & get Ryan a new CC. :mrgreen:

Seriously, she has.. Gibson is much better crew chief than Tony Eury jr.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:47 am

palino_s wrote:

you need to follow ryan on the radio for a race, gibson is clueless, he cant keep up with the track and he hurts ryan every week because of this...
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am

Gibson is Chad Kanus compared to Tony Eury Jr.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
palino_s wrote:

you need to follow ryan on the radio for a race, gibson is clueless, he cant keep up with the track and he hurts ryan every week because of this...

Every 1.5 mile race she had loose car.. Last year it wasnt problem, but this year it is problem..

Montreal - after qualification she said something is wrong with car.. He ignored her.. Result was broken axle..

Iowa - he forgot - Danica is rookie and he tape her brake ducts.. Result was blown tire..

New Hampshire - Danica spin (her fault).. That spin killed all tires, but he change only 2 tires..

Chicagoland - Danica mentioned debris on track.. One lap before debris caution she was in box.. Result was: lost lap..

and etc..

It is reason why Rick Hendrick fired him..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 pm

what I liked about their communications (think her spotter is awesome for her) is they dont worry about hurting feelings anymore. They dont ask her for stuff anymore, now they are telling her & vice versa. if they get in argument a lot of ppl may think of it is bad. Well it isnt. It will promote her learning curve faster. It will get the actual problems or thoughts out faster.
At times she was still delusional. When Harvick flew by her early in the race, the spotter said something to the fact how he was driving the corners. She came back & said she thought he was driving it like she was. I about snotted out my milk I was drinking LOL.
The Spotter is not afraid to tell her she needs to pick it up & how to drive the car, which she needs. Like I said I think her Spotter does an excellent job. I know she has no dirt tracking exp. but she really doesnt like a slick track. She was about 2 sec. off the pace at times & her spotter kept telling her she needed to drive the corners harder & load up the front springs. She doesnt like sliding her car, that is for sure.
All race she would say her car was loose. Later in the race when she was loose & all they have done was make her tight off. Her CC (I think it was the CC) came on & told her it was because the way she was driving the center. She argued back that she is the only one to base the info off of & to basically fix it (not her exact words) CC came back & told her all they haave done all race long was tighten it up & she keeps saying it is loose. They told her how to drive the line (basically telling her to do not asking) I had to laugh because shortly after their lil tiff, she was on the radio saying she was tight LOL. (BTW the Spotter was on the CC side on that one)
So as you see if they didnt have a lil argument, the team would still be tightening up the car & Danica would still be saying she was loose. So I like the fact they all have thicker skin now & not afraid to hurt each others feelings if need be. the nice thiong about her, is I believe she knows she doesnt know everything the others knows & I dont ever hear her barking at her Spotter.
Just thought it was funny when she argued with her CC, when she finally did as he said. What he thought would happen did happen. All race long they tried to get her to try the high side. I dont think she was comfortable enough to do it. She almost sounded scared. (I could picture Maverick saying "its no good goose") LOL (for the young people it is from the movie Top Gun)
Bottom line she defintely didnt like it. She would complain about the bumps in the corner, & they would reply well there is no bumps on the high side. Where she would say just fix the bumps.
All in all I think she did well just to not wreck the car. I dont blame her for the late race incident.
If it were my driver, I wouldnt expect him to back out either that late in the race.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:18 pm

[quote="palino_s"

Every 1.5 mile race she had loose car.. Last year it wasnt problem, but this year it is problem..

Montreal - after qualification she said something is wrong with car.. He ignored her.. Result was broken axle..

Iowa - he forgot - Danica is rookie and he tape her brake ducts.. Result was blown tire..

New Hampshire - Danica spin (her fault).. That spin killed all tires, but he change only 2 tires..

Chicagoland - Danica mentioned debris on track.. One lap before debris caution she was in box.. Result was: lost lap..

and etc..

It is reason why Rick Hendrick fired him..[/quote]

well it shows that she seems to do better in cup than NW and obviously zippy is a big plus for her, i am curious tho who they will get, i have an idea... there was a snippet on jayski that there was a rumor zippy was coming back as tony CC, now if that was true, i could see addington going to the 10 car, be a perfect fit, but i could see him on the 39 team as well.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:19 pm

palino_s wrote:

and etc..

I will add to that. this weekends race she was a lap down & she was asking if she should be ahead of another lapped car. Which in reply was it didnt matter, just stay where you are. Now I understand the other car might have been more than one lap down so it wasnt for position, but other cars one lap down was ahead of that guy, so every car you are in front of does matter to me. Couldnt believe I heard that. Thought I was listening to Tony Gibson for a minute.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:22 pm

michaeljohn wrote:[quote="palino_s"

and etc..

well it shows that she seems to do better in cup than NW and obviously zippy is a big plus for her, i am curious tho who they will get, i have an idea... there was a snippet on jayski that there was a rumor zippy was coming back as tony CC, now if that was true, i could see addington going to the 10 car, be a perfect fit, but i could see him on the 39 team as well.

SHR said that Zippy wont be CCing for Tony or Danica. It very well could be TG with Danica, & Ryan racing elsewhere. Although if that happens dont know where she will get her set ups. Ryan wont be there & TG is an idiot, & Tony races like a dirt tracker. Might hurt Danica if Ryan leaves.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Some decent comments. Fact --Danica has never been a driver that likes to run next to the wall, as she prefers the low side always or the middle if possible. In nascar though she will or wont figure it out as she did late briefly in the race running against the wall and admitting it was faster but the results werent good with the crash but luckily were minor to her, so it just takes time but old habits are tough to change sometimes although the cars are different--only time will tell?

Sad news about Tony loosing his main sponsor but its not news regarding nascar teams and drivers but IF they have no extra $$$'s to fund a race car then you cant find fault with them really. Lacking a primary sponsor could be a problem for Tony & SHR, not to mention Ryan, but they arent the only ones and should be fine--crossed fingers.

GoDaddy could step it up to help this situation at SHR maybe as they are worth Billions, as they funded over half the Andretti team as a team sponsor partly, and its a fact Parsons the founder credits Danica for helping with that growth through the yrs. I've heard though it may only be a one FT yr deal in Cup for Danica for a couple reasons, mainly completing the 2 yr Cup deal of this 1 yr PT and FT for 2013 if she wants and they agree? Also weve heard reports she will still run a PT schedule next yr in NNS as well, so lots more money needed as Cup is more expensive, course no real word if Godaddy will be the main sponsor for everything next yr, but sponsors for her Iam sure wont be an issue. Also her Godaddy contract is up the end of 2013 so they may not want any more sponsorship contract to go past that--for now? Rumors are they both may go in different directions although Godaddy tried a different PR approach with the Indycar driver stunt but didnt work, and this new in/out commercial is just stupid, and they have said Danica creates attention for them regardless of results or commercials as the world knows she is the face of GoDaddy, but then again nothing lasts forever. 8-)

What happens will happen as they arent alone in this sponsor crisis nowdays. 8-)

Return to Danica