FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The 5 Point Club

<<

LeslieO

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Re: The 5 Point Club

I almost feel like I should be with y'all here in the 5 point club. I had Tony in my top 3 so I won't be, but I am ticked with myself that I didn't pick him to win. I just picked using my first gut feeling, didn't spend much time on it since it was Daytona and Heaven only knows what might happen. As the race started I told myself "Your gut was wrong...you should have Tony for the win!" My other two picks came so close to giving me additional points (5 & 88)...but didn't. All in all very frustrating. :lol:
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:09 pm

The 5 finished 7th, so close.

Joonya finished 15th, think you have been inhaling too much smoke from the fireworks.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

LeslieO

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:23 pm

;) Yes but Jr was running well/up front until very late. Giving me hope. Sigh.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:52 pm

Bump!

Think we may need the 5 point club next week, at least for those that don't pick the 14 :mrgreen:

I really had to dig to find this. That just means I've been in the 1 point club way too long...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Rochelle wrote:Bump!

Think we may need the 5 point club next week, at least for those that don't pick the 14 :mrgreen:

I really had to dig to find this. That just means I've been in the 1 point club way too long...

... and also that Tony & Ryan haven't finished in the top3 for a while (Tony - Daytona - July 7). That's almost 2 months. :?

Come on Smoke, turn that Pole into a win!! :D :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:59 pm

As Beaver is running through he yells.

HIRE A CLEANING CREW !!!!
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 pm

beaverpond wrote:As Beaver is running through he yells.

HIRE A CLEANING CREW !!!!

Leave your credit card !!!! ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Not happen-en-en-en-en !!!!
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Well, I tried. :mrgreen:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 am

A friend of mine, who is also on the school board with me, her and her husband own a cleaning company. They are willing to donate their time for themselves and four crew people which would mean three rooms total to start the cleaning of our five point club for the final week building up to the last race. They only ask that they get to join in on the festivities because she is a Newman Fan and her husband is a Stewart Fan...but to listen to her, you would think it was the other way around sometimes. They will be heading down tomorrow to get started. When you look at the library, the 2 lounges, the lobby, the 200 rooms, the kitchen, the pools, and the track (which I will help them with), it may take them several weeks to clean the several layers of dust off everything. You have to remember, we have not been in here since the beginning of July and this could take a few times to get things done right.

Two of my nephews are in their second year at culinary arts school. One is concentrating on desserts and the other is concentrating on seafood. Got to love them both. So I told them they could share a room and join us as well. They have to preform some intern work anyway, so what better than something like 400 people or more.

I have spoken with my seafood supplier and he is going to start setting his traps for his normal customers...then there is us. He will also be in contact with his wholesalers for shrimp, and clams. I have told him that we will also want the following fish fillets: haddock, salmon, sword fish, and sea bass.

My brother-in-law contacted his neighbor who owns a butcher shop and is going to supply us with all the beef, chicken, and ham that we could want. I don't think my nephews can handle cooking for all of us by themselves. So I will be joining them as will be their dad who also has a culinary arts degree. Then we will be looking for volunteers to help in the kitchen...I am not afraid to institute the draft if I don't get any. Just letting you know now. So be thinking about what you can bring for week of the final race. It should be a lot of fun for all of us.

My nephew who is studying to be the pastry chef said he will bring his own tools and baking items. I told him to prepare for 500 even though there may only be 400. He said 600 it is then. :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:05 am

Ah, I see the people I hired several weeks ago have got the grounds all cleaned up, the rooms are cleaned, the kitchen is prepped, the pools are ready, the track is primed, the lounge and televisions are warmed up and ready for viewing. This place is ready for us to move in. There are already 10 rooms occupied...190 left. I have got two culinary arts schools coming in to help with the cooking and they are bringing two separate motorhomes that sleep 14 each. Guys in one, gals in the other. I thought it would be a great opportunity for some high school kids in their junior and senior years who have been doing this for a couple of years already. Time for some real world experience. Just sign in so we know who is here and how much food will be needed.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 am

The culinary arts schools are bringing beef, chicken, lamb, ham, turkey, lobster, clams, scallops, shrimp, blueberries, strawberries, cantelope, watermelon, raspberries, tomatoes, corn, peas, celery, green beans, yellow beans, sweet potatos, white potatos. We will eat well and there is plenty of hot chocolate, tea, and coffee to drink.
Image Image

<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:09 am

Well we have Vermont Maple Syrup to go on top of pancakes and waffles. There is French Vanilla, Egg Nog, Candy Cane, & Hot Chocolate flavored cappuccino. There is also Regular, Decaf, and Dark Roast Coffees.

The waffles have blueberries and the pancakes have chocolate chips in them. Please do not think you were going to lose weight while here...but, at least we have a gym.
Image Image

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

Did I miss something? What are you doing in the 5 point club? Tony or Ryan didn't make the top 3 at Phoenix!?! :?

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 am

I had said we would be here celebrating this week building up to the last race of the season and for the party afterwards.
Image Image

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing