FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What happened to the website??..........

<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Re: What happened to the website??..........

I was able to log in this morning but when I went to post, it stalled and went no where. Then it took me until a few minutes ago to get back on. I don't know what's wrong, but they need to do something.
But, hey, we can still get spam :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 pm

KENSETH HIT IT WITH HIS HELMET!!!!! :shock: :shock:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I remember when we had this problem earlier this year and I had sent an e-mail to the administrators about some the issues we were having. I heard back that they needed to and were going to go to a larger server and that they needed to do something about all the pictures and possibly deleting some of the pages...which I don't think they did. At the time, there were also about 3000 members and now we are closing in on the 5700 member mark. It may be time to go through and delete any inactive members and threads from 2011.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

I agree, the inactive members need deleted out. There's members in here who joined the very first day it opened & never returned.

It's nice to know there's a lot of fans out there & those want their mark to be known. But I'm sure the service to run this fan base page isn't large enough to handle everyone if they were active. Lets just keep this an active forum. I'd say 6 months if you haven't visited, you're not going to any time soon either. But I'm guilty about that on another site, so I guess it could be stretched out to 1 yr if no activity, delete the member out.

I miss being able to delete threads (like it was in the beginning) I make myself where people make statements under it. Now if someone makes a statement, the thread is there until the last person removes their post & so on until it's back to me again. If we could delete our threads we make by our own choice, we could get rid of some old ones & that would also save some space. I use to delete a lot of my stuff, until they chanced it. I had deleted some of my own threads a long while back ago that no one said anything in them.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 am

:? Then later Sunday afternoon I couldn't get back on. :?

Now, this morning, I can again. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 am

Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:08 am

No offense to the administrators but this site is crazy weird! :shock:

Half the time you can't log onto it. Very seldom if ever receive reply email notices. :?

Just saying............ :D
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:10 pm

chevy39fan wrote:No offense to the administrators but this site is crazy weird! :shock:

Half the time you can't log onto it. Very seldom if ever receive reply email notices. :?

Just saying............ :D

I have started reporting all spam........scroll down to the bottom and click on webmaster. I give them the location and within minutes they are cleaning it up..if you don't receive a reply from an email to me, I probably didn't receive it.....have had problems too! :(

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 pm

Smoke14wins....wow you have extra time on your hands huh?? I wished you lived near me, I'd put you to work my friend.

Gosh, some of those names bring back memories
Ojenob...BonnieJo. Met her at the prelude a couple years ago. She was a heck of a nice person and a pretty good race winner picker.

Edie49 and daniluvs14...both were very active members at one time and pretty sure they got tired of some of the BS here...both are my Facebook friends.

Prototype....she was very active here as well. We have a mutual friend. I think she has been busy in her personal life.

Not sure why we have this spam problem. I'm sure animink will take care of it all sooner or later. They always have.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Smoke 14 wins, that was alot of work.....I hope Animink will see it! Maybe if you send them an email by clicking on Webmaster at the bottom of the page and tell him where they are listed..... it will help them solve some of the sites problems......hey if they can fix my avatar problem, they can fix anything :lol: thank you for taking the time to do that.

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:38 am

I had quit listing names cause it took longer. I'm sure when the Adm's ever do go over to start deleting people out they'll have to look at each one themselves anyway, so I just quit listing names.

Yes, there is a few gone use to be regulars in the mix I remember as well to. Naw, I don't have much time, just wasn't feeling that great so I just sat down to do nothing & decided to see what I could see on members that could get gone to help the site move along better.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:54 am

Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am

Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
<<

gkbacb

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

anyone having logon issues? Every time i log in and look at a thread, and then click on SHR Forums, to go back a page, it automatically logs me out, and i have to log in again, its really annoying. It's been happening only the last week and a half or so, frustrating.
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby