FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How can you not love Smoke!!!

<<

bugeaters

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:42 pm

How can you not love Smoke!!!

so funny when he introduced himself as Dale Earnhardt Jr. :)
spit on it, suck it up & go
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: How can you not love Smoke!!!

Agreed! Everyone in my house chuckled at that one!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:01 pm

That was so funny!

I'm not laughing now, poor sport Tony... Neither he nor Matt was giving any room so what exactly did he expect? Probably not going to go over well here but hello, weren't we just talking about cry babies? Ugh, both were stupid at this point in the race but really, still chucking helmets at his age?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Rochelle wrote:That was so funny!

I'm not laughing now, poor sport Tony... Neither he nor Matt was giving any room so what exactly did he expect? Probably not going to go over well here but hello, weren't we just talking about cry babies? Ugh, both were stupid at this point in the race but really, still chucking helmets at his age?

this is why i love your posts, even tho your a tony fan, you dont make excuses for him and try to make him look like the good guy, every driver has those moments so it stupid to hold that against them and make judgement on them
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Rochelle wrote:That was so funny!

I don't like the helmet throw, however, I do like the emotion. I get tired of the politcally correct crap that comes out of most of their mouths nowadays. This is the second week in a row that he's finished badly. I expected some type of reaction from him because that's Tony, but I was not pleased with the helmet pitch. A little finger action probably could have been overlooked, but to become violent with a material object wasn't necessary.

And to basically threaten retaliation for the rest of the year? I'm sure he'll be on NASCAR's radar now and that's not what he nor the team needs.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

awsum14

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Could this have been one of those "heat of the moment" things... :roll: :?: :?:
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:43 pm

I agree it was a heat of the moment thing, but that's as far as I'll go. Yes, the passion from Tony is expected, but there are better ways to display it. At least this time it was at a car instead of someone's head, as in Australia, and with no physical injuries. I've been a die-hard fan for many years, but I'm tired of the same old, same old. Throwing a helmet is old, tired and not very original. Use the wit. Or, better yet, have a little class. Show fans how to be a man, not a 2 year old having a temper tantrum. Besides, did anyone else notice he had to use two hands? Pitiful...

Calling Matty out for the rest of the year? I'm guessing he doesn't want another championship. If this keeps up, he'll be the wild card and screw Ryan's chances. And, if I'm not mistaken, he'll lose those 30 bonus points that would put him at or close to the lead in the Chase. I could be wrong in that but I'll have to check on it.

Oh and while I'm at it, I'm sick of them saying the fans wanted the track changed. Too broad of a statement since I'm a fan but didn't want it changed. And they still had less attendance. Wrecks don't make races, racing makes races. Most lead changes were due to restarts from cautions. More wrecks, more cautions, just give them more opportunities for commercials.

Ok, I'm done with Bristol, on to Hotlanta!
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:46 pm

I think Awsum is right..heat of the moment. Having said that, I honestly haven't stopped giggling all day over the helmet toss. I gave it a 9.5. Great distance, hit the target, but was a little off on the form. I only wish that after the race he would have head butted Matty too :evil:
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Did you see his form......he looked like a major league ball player winding up and throwing a fast ball over the home plate.......WTG TONY 8-)

10 from the Russian Judge :lol: :lol:

"BEST HELMET THROW EVER"......Dave Despains !!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am

Tony has had dust-ups with Kenseth before and even with the threats etc. he never did a thing. As they say when it's someone else "It was just a racing thing". Reminds me of the entertainment the Bodine brothers used to give us. Especially when they took each other out. It took the officials to separate the two.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 am

Tony saw an opportunity to work the crowd and he did it brilliantly! They loved it! He was like a gladiator out there! Made sure he'd be on the highlights reel for probably years to come. He is a showman after all. Let's hope there's more racing and less bull for the next 2 weeks or none of us will be laughing.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 pm

If Tony gets a fine, I think Bruton Smith should pay it.......Tony did more for his tract and NASCAR than all the grinding and repave ever did !! He has taken" Vanilla" out of NASCAR.....that is what Bristol fans want!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

gkbacb

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:22 pm

Annalee wrote:If Tony gets a fine, I think Bruton Smith should pay it.......Tony did more for his tract and NASCAR than all the grinding and repave ever did !! He has taken" Vanilla" out of NASCAR.....that is what Bristol fans want!!

Well said!
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Annalee wrote:If Tony gets a fine, I think Bruton Smith should pay it.......Tony did more for his tract and NASCAR than all the grinding and repave ever did !! He has taken" Vanilla" out of NASCAR.....that is what Bristol fans want!!

I think you're right Annalee. It's what the fans want and Tony gave it to him and played it up. I would appreciate his antics a lot more pre-ownership and if he and Ryan were shoe-ins for The Chase. Now, I just wish he had done it off camera and picked another way. Throwing a helmet is bush league to me. (No pun intended.) I would have respected a good old fashioned punch if I'm honest (but off-camera). :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok, I checked on the wild card positions in the Chase. If Tony is 11th or 12th when the Chase starts, he loses the bonus points for his wins and will remain 11th or 12th. He needs to stop the nonsense and get serious. He's been backsliding the last few weeks and it doesn't matter whose fault it is or why because it can't be changed. What he did last year was amazing and unprecedented. I've put away my rose colored glasses and I hope he changes his mindset. He showed a lot of patience at the beginning of the season, with great results, but that seems to be out the window lately. In my opinion, with only 2 races till the Chase, now is not the time to regress.

Being the owner of Ryan's car, I really hope he's not the one that takes a wild card spot from him.

"Each of the 12 Chase drivers begin with 2,000 points. The top 10 in points will receive three bonus points to their adjusted total for each victory in the first 26 races. The top 10 Chase drivers are "seeded" to start the Chase based on the number of wins amassed in the first 26 events. The "wild-card" drivers will remain 11th and 12th and will not receive bonus points for victories."
Next

Return to Tony