FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MIS Parade Lap 8/19/2012

<<

gsl71

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: MIS Parade Lap 8/19/2012

Very happy for you!!. I am sooo jealous!!! :mrgreen: I would love to me him. ;) But I probably would just get tongue tied & drool on myself. So congrats to you!
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Rochelle wrote:No worries, MLWW. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Any picture with Tony and a loyal fan is a beautiful thing.

I am so, so glad you had a great time, it shows in your smile :mrgreen:

Aww, thanks Rochelle. It still is a great reminder of the day. :)
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:11 pm

Since for some reason every time I post I can never see the Avatars......I would love to see the photo........This is a lot to ask, but could you put the photo in your signature...I can see signature photos but not Avatars....if it won't fit I understand ;)
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Annalee wrote:Since for some reason every time I post I can never see the Avatars......I would love to see the photo........This is a lot to ask, but could you put the photo in your signature...I can see signature photos but not Avatars....if it won't fit I understand ;)

Done...did it work?
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

pltslp

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Congrats! How did you get to do that?? Are you ever going to wash that hand?
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 pm

YES.....THANKS SO MUCH! GREAT PHOTO....IF YOU SEND IT TO http://www.canvasondemand.com, they can blow it way up, framed and everything for not very much money.......3'x4' It would be great!!
LOVE IT!!! I mean for all the problems you had to get this ride with Tony, it would be a great reminder of your day..... They did a photo for my son..it was a picture of his dog and they really did a nice job....He loves it.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Cool pics!
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 am

pltslp wrote:Congrats! How did you get to do that?? Are you ever going to wash that hand?

Of course I washed that hand silly. I'm not a crazy fan like that! LOL I was more embarrassed for being terrified to jump out of the back of the truck so I was beyond grateful for the hand to get down. I just wish I was a little more graceful but oh well, he'll never remember anyway thank God!!! In fact, unlike most, I think he's one sexy man, it's a turn on to see him handle stock cars and dirt cars with such talent and passion, love his philanthropic side and admire that greatly, but obviously from my ability to beat the "Tony Affect" I'm not crazy or madly in love (or infatuated) with him. He's a little out of my league even for fantasies...!! When you've given up on love, it's easy to control yourself. I just appreciated the fact that he's willing to talk to his fans and more importantly to talk to insignificant me. He autographed two of my trading cards. One was from his rookie season and his win at Homestead in 1999 (which I was there!) and the other was a more recent one. I guess I've watched him long enough now that I was excited to meet him for #### sure, but I was MORE excited to get the whole experience at once. I wanted a taste of what it was like at every race for these drivers and I got it. From meandering through the garage area to driver intros to riding around my hometrack to meeting my hero and experiencing what its like on the other side of the fence for once.

There's nothing like sitting behind him on the front stretch next to the fence and seeing and hearing all the fans screaming his name. It was at that moment that it finally hit me that I'm sitting behind the reigning Sprint Cup Champion and I must admit, it was both amazing and humbling at the same time. Did I mention I LOVE this sport? Well I do and I hope someday I can find a way inside. That would be the number one thing on my bucket list.

The rides were done by the NASCAR Foundation. They have all types of auctions for experiences that you can bid on. Check out their website by googling their name. They also have a FB page and Twitter account.
<<

belle1010

Post Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Wow, what a great experience! Thanks for sharing! I'm so happy for you!
"I'd wreck my mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your mom to win a championship." Tony Stewart
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Dang, that's really neat you got to do that, 2 at once (let alone one).
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:44 am

WOOHOO!! :D :D :D :D

Way to go, MLWW!!! Wow, both Tony AND Ryan. Maybe it worked out better that your first trip to MIS got rained out.

I'm so glad you got to realize your dream!

What IS next on your bucket list? ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:WOOHOO!! :D :D :D :D

Way to go, MLWW!!! Wow, both Tony AND Ryan. Maybe it worked out better that your first trip to MIS got rained out.

I'm so glad you got to realize your dream!

What IS next on your bucket list? ;) :lol:

Thank you. I don't know what is next. I would like to live on this 'high' for a bit before jumping into the next one. It's going to be hard to top it!! I still look at the picture and shake my head because it doesn't feel real. :) Time will tell the next adventure I take.
Previous

Return to Tony