FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MIS Parade Lap 8/19/2012

<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:06 pm

MIS Parade Lap 8/19/2012

Sondra MIS Parade Lap for SHR Forum.jpg
Sondra MIS Parade Lap for SHR Forum.jpg (211.6 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Well, that was one awesome experience. Actually, awesome is too lame of a word to describe today. The NASCAR Foundation had their ducks in a row and MIS was in on it all so we had one of the best times at that track that I have had in the 15-years I've been going there.

It started out that we were able to wander around in the garage for 1/2 an hour. I finally got to see Richard Petty in person! After about a 1/2 hr we made our way out into the pre-race festivities on the front stretch. The four auction winners who were able to attend stood to the right of the stage where the drivers exited. I got some awesome pics of the drivers. Absolutely wonderful but nothing topped when we loaded into the trucks.

I got to ride with Tony Stewart AND Ryan Newman. How freaking cool is that? I sat behind Tony and one of the other auction winners sat behind Ryan. Ryan loaded first and I was able to shake his hand and ask him if he was feeling better (which he was not) before Tony loaded. I must say, I had zero nervousness. Nothing, it was as if I've known him forever. I just sat there in awe for a few minutes until finally he wouldn't stop talking to Ryan so I interrupted and said hi, sorry, but I would like to shake your hand and introduce myself. I think he was kind of shocked at first but hey, I bought that 5-minutes and dammit, I was going to milk it for all it's worth.

So, to make a super long story short, he ended up sitting down beside me on the back stretch and let's just say, the one thing I did say that had both Tony and Ryan laughing was when I mentioned that the view from back here isn't so bad either... Since i was literally a foot from the man you can figure out what I was referencing. They both laughed at it.

Anyway, it was awesome. I won't have my pic of tony and I until later. Someone took it and is emailing it to me. I did take a couple in the back of the truck but decided I didn't want to spend the entire experience eyeballing them through a lense. The naked eye was so much better!

Oh, and can I just say the highlight for me? As I was getting off the truck, Tony turned around and grabbed my hand and helped me down off the truck. Ok, now, I can say I got to hold Tony Stewarts hand! Now how many can actually say that? ROFLMAO! What a day to remember!! :lol: :P :shock: 8-)

Yes, this is me in the black shirt. I have a few others with my face in it, but I'll post a few more later.

“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Re: MIS Parade Lap 8/19/2012

So happy for you....but I am jealous:)
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

NASCARNan

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Sounds WONDERFUL!! Thanks for posting so quickly. I was dying to hear how it went. Your story had me laughing too. Good choice to give up the camera and just enjoy without looking through a lense!
NASCAR Nan
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm so happy that you had a great experience.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 pm

WELL, I WOULD SAY YOU HAD A GREAT DAY.......TWO FOR ONE!!............thanks for the photo! And no " Tony Effect"......Good for you :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HTower

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

did you wipe your hand on a towel and put it in a glass jar to preserve his sweat for all time?
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 pm

Congratulations! Glad you finally got to meet him. :)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 am

So happy for you. Sounds like Tony is a gentleman.
<<

gkbacb

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:44 am

congrats, that must've been quite an experience, one to cherish for all time
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 am

I'm so happy for you that the foundation made up for the rain out. I'm also happy Michigan lowered the temperature so you could enjoy the ride as well as the race. It was well worth the time you had to wait for the result of the auction. The memories will be with you forever!
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:54 pm

HTower wrote:did you wipe your hand on a towel and put it in a glass jar to preserve his sweat for all time?

Nice, no... that was not necessary since it wasn't hot enough to be sweating. Even in his presence I was a cool customer. ;) I felt bad afterwards because I had a death grip on his hand because I thought I was going to fall. Feel kind of bad about that... well, maybe not.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:58 pm

kim92164 wrote:So happy for you. Sounds like Tony is a gentleman.

Did I say that? Nope, I didn't say that. :roll: He was nice enough to "act" the gentleman but I think the phrase "dirty ol' man" came to mind once maybe twice on that trip, but that's my story and not one that will be leaving that truck. Oh, to be young, blonde and self-confident. It might have been much more fun. Just kidding about the young and blonde part!

I enjoyed every moment of it and actually, I'm feeling kind of blah at the moment. I've spent the last 8 months trying to meet the man and I succeeded. Now I'm trying to figure out the next item on my bucket list to shoot for.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

ndunn wrote:I'm so happy for you that the foundation made up for the rain out. I'm also happy Michigan lowered the temperature so you could enjoy the ride as well as the race. It was well worth the time you had to wait for the result of the auction. The memories will be with you forever!

You can see the pics on my FB account Nancy. I got quite a few of many of the drivers and they turned out very nice. I guess that's what happens when you're only 2 feet from them. :lol:
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:04 pm

I updated my profile pic of the one that the other auction winner took of us in the truck. Yup, crappiest pic ever and I'm terribly disappointed. But, at least I can prove I was there. Even if the wind did blow my hair straight up and back at the same time she snapped the pic. What are the freakin chances?

:( :cry:
Last edited by MyLadyWhiteWolf on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:43 pm

No worries, MLWW. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Any picture with Tony and a loyal fan is a beautiful thing.

I am so, so glad you had a great time, it shows in your smile :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Next

Return to Tony