FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DODGE LEAVING NASCAR IN 2013!

<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 pm

DODGE LEAVING NASCAR IN 2013!

This may be old news to you?

Roger Penske is dumping Dodge and going back to Ford in 2013 with Yates building his engines.

I remember when Ryan was driving Dodge from 2003-2008. He drove Ford for Roger from 2000-2002. Newman had his very best year ever in 2003 with the Dodge Intrepid(11-poles/8-wins)and was awarded "Speed Channels Driver Of The Year!" Newman also had 7 DNF'S in 2003(bad luck for sure!)......those were the days folks. :cry:

But, the Dodge Charger(in 2005) initially was a pig with lip stick. Newman's team didn't have a clue how to balance that car. The only team that mastered that car was Ray Everham with driver Kasey Kahne taking over for Bill Elliot's #9 car. I remember Penske trying all kinds of different nose combinations of the Intrepid/Charger variety. Finally after years of struggle. Nascar and Dodge Motorsports agreed upon an approved nose for all Dodge Charger race teams!

I guess the most notable Dodge driver would have to be The King...Petty! 8-)

I always wondered how Nascar fans felt about Toyota being in Nascar? :shock:

Well, Nascar life will go on with out Dodge. Chevy has dominated Nascar for many years or should I say General Motors. ;)

Your comments.................
Attachments
richard-petty-signed-franklin-mint-70-daytona-superbird_150523367432.jpg
YOU COULD BUY THIS CAR FROM A DEALERSHIP BACK THEN!
richard-petty-signed-franklin-mint-70-daytona-superbird_150523367432.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Last edited by chevy39fan on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Re: DODGE LEAVING NASCAR IN 2013!

To be honest, I never liked Dodge. It's a rather silly reason... When I was growing up my mom had a Plymouth and that was the biggest lemon I've ever come across. Just have never cared for them since. Dodge left before and came back, so only time will tell if they decide to come back again. To me, that would be like marrying your ex-husband again :roll:

The Petty era is dead and buried. Back then you could buy a car and race it but those days are long gone. It's too bad... I don't know who they think they're fooling with trying to get back to brand recognition. It's mostly cosmetic, done with the "smoke and mirrors" of the wraps. I would never go out and buy a car based on what brand won the day before. Those days are gone also, as far as I'm concerned.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Rochelle wrote:To be honest, I never liked Dodge. It's a rather silly reason... When I was growing up my mom had a Plymouth and that was the biggest lemon I've ever come across. Just have never cared for them since. Dodge left before and came back, so only time will tell if they decide to come back again. To me, that would be like marrying your ex-husband again :roll:

The Petty era is dead and buried. Back then you could buy a car and race it but those days are long gone. It's too bad... I don't know who they think they're fooling with trying to get back to brand recognition. It's mostly cosmetic, done with the "smoke and mirrors" of the wraps. I would never go out and buy a car based on what brand won the day before. Those days are gone also, as far as I'm concerned.
I know, the term "stock car" should be replaced with "fabricated car."

I guess we never leave well enough alone in America. We always have to change and evolve in order to satisfy the forces that be.

Nascar is growing up as time passes and now the son is running the show. Change is inevitable I guess! :D

Thanks for posting Rochelle..........
<<

chevy39fan

Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:47 pm

ThomasPaul wrote:I don't know anything about this news but this car is my most favorite from old racing cars. I am the biggest fan of Dodge car.
I know what you mean Thomas Paul!

Dodge had so many awesome muscle cars back in the day. My step father raced old 426 Wedge engines in his dragster.

Post anytime!
Attachments
10397867-425-0.jpg
10397867-425-0.jpg (112.82 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Someone recently made a comment, but I can't remember who said it (parts-timers @ work). The comment, though, did stick with me. "If you want better racing, slow the cars down." Its not that I disagree with this idea, but you can't un-invent the wheel. So how are you going to do this? There is a lot of debate about restrictor plates, so that's probably not the best idea.

This topic gave me an idea. What if all the teams are required to start their racecars with a factory built car? Of course, all the cars would need to be modified with all the best safety devices. But a factory car with a factory engine and drive train, minus the normal interior, would be required. The engine builders would become engine tuners. A roll cage and other bracing for safety would be required. But the term "stock car" would come back to the sport we love.

We all know that Tony can race "anything with 4 wheels." But more than that, he can make "anything" an exciting race.

This is "off topic," but would more American manufactures become involved with NASCAR if it went to "stock cars?" Would Dodge come back with teams that are using more than their logos? To be politically correct, I won't suggest NASCAR be restricted to "American made" only. But personally, I would love to see Cadillac and Mercury back at the track.

JMO. Does anyone care to add to the idea?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Sounds like a good idea, but you have to find auto manufacturers that are still in business...companies like Mercury, Plymouth, Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac (I think), are all past tense.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Nascar lived w/o Mopar for years and it never mattered to me,there isn't a single "STOCK" car out there anymore anywho! I'm surprised Honda hasn't stepped in yet.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:27 pm

beaverpond wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but you have to find auto manufacturers that are still in business...companies like Mercury, Plymouth, Olds, Pontiac, Cadillac (I think), are all past tense.

Cadillacs are still being made by GM,but your right about the rest,but they were all basicly the same cars anyways,same body shells.There is no one going to make me believe a new 1/2 ton pickup truck is worth 40-50k when a loaded class 8 truck [truckers rig]is about 110k that makes money. :shock:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

HTower

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Speed sells, lowering the speed of the cars who drive off some of the casual fans into Indy Racing or another racing circuit's open arms.
<<

gkbacb

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

HTower wrote:Speed sells, lowering the speed of the cars who drive off some of the casual fans into Indy Racing or another racing circuit's open arms.

racing sells, not speed, even if the cars only went say 50 mph, it'd still be door bangin racin, and that what NASCAR is about, not about speed i think the cars should be slowed down, if noone could go more then 180, you would definetly see better racing, as it is now, some guys can go over 200 at certain tracks, while others can barely hit 200, doesn't make for an exciting race imo.

Return to The Lobby