FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CAUTION!

<<

peanut1439

User avatar

Posts: 1253

Images: 0
180

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:13 am

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:42 am

Re: CAUTION!

You folks are gonna hate this then...lol

Love him or hate him, Darrell Waltrip is a NASCAR institution, and he's a centerpiece of the sport's broadcast strategy. He's an avowed homer, openly cheering for certain drivers like his brother and Dale Earnhardt Jr., but he's also a huge fan of the sport itself, and his enthusiasm bleeds out of your TV speakers with every boogity.

And now, love him or hate him, you're going to have ol' DW around for another three years, as he's agreed to a contract extension that will keep him in the Fox broadcast booth for the rest of Fox's current NASCAR term. DW will be spinning his homespun wisdom through the 2014 season.
"Being a part of the NASCAR on Fox team has given me an opportunity to share my passion and love for NASCAR," Waltrip "said" in a statement. "I never thought there would be anything that could replace the thrill of driving race cars. I was wrong. Bringing that thrill to the fans at home every week is just as exciting."
For whatever reason, NASCAR fans just love to dissect the minutiae of television coverage, and this will play right into that debate. So, your take on DW? Good for the sport, or relic? Bringing enthusiasm and passion, or country-fried corn? Have your say, friends.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

longtimetonyfan

User avatar

Posts: 297

Images: 4
8000

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Location: northwestern Virginia

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: CAUTION!

DW is why my tv has a "MUTE" button!!!!!
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: CAUTION!

longtimetonyfan wrote:Ummm Wolfy.....i dont think she meant u.....she was referring to DW.....u should look better before u leap.....just sayin.....u attacked a very kind woman here....
[/quote]Face is very red,sorry LongtimeTonyFan and to you as well Tonycrazy.No excuse,but i guess i should calm down before i switch from one site to another, and you're right i jumped the gun. Please forgive me,buries head in pillow![/quote]


It's okay Wolfy, you can take your head out of the pillow now before you suffocate. I forgive ya! I really was agreeing with you about DW. Can't stand the mouth in front of that idiot brain of his! And worse yet.....they put it in front of a microphone! Help us all![/quote]
Thanks i do feel pretty stupid thou,but not as stupid as DW.LOL Tony is doing great so far this season even if he hasn't won for whatever reason.RCR seems as thou they're going in the same direction they always do after a new contract or sponsor is locked in.Kevin is one of my favs too {Tonys'} friend,and i'm beginning to believe it was all Dale Earnhardt at RCR as many others have long before i began to think so.This dispute started on Kevins site and i brought on myself,but hey,it's nearly my own opinion.Since Dale passed,Tony and Kevin,ok Jr. too,it just gets frustrating when you know the talent is there,but no results.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: CAUTION!

peanut1439 wrote:You folks are gonna hate this then...lol

Love him or hate him, Darrell Waltrip is a NASCAR institution, and he's a centerpiece of the sport's broadcast strategy. He's an avowed homer, openly cheering for certain drivers like his brother and Dale Earnhardt Jr., but he's also a huge fan of the sport itself, and his enthusiasm bleeds out of your TV speakers with every boogity.

And now, love him or hate him, you're going to have ol' DW around for another three years, as he's agreed to a contract extension that will keep him in the Fox broadcast booth for the rest of Fox's current NASCAR term. DW will be spinning his homespun wisdom through the 2014 season.
"Being a part of the NASCAR on Fox team has given me an opportunity to share my passion and love for NASCAR," Waltrip "said" in a statement. "I never thought there would be anything that could replace the thrill of driving race cars. I was wrong. Bringing that thrill to the fans at home every week is just as exciting."
For whatever reason, NASCAR fans just love to dissect the minutiae of television coverage, and this will play right into that debate. So, your take on DW? Good for the sport, or relic? Bringing enthusiasm and passion, or country-fried corn? Have your say, friends.

Got anymore bad news peanut? What happened to time with his wife and family after he retired? They probly don't want to listen to him either!LOL
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8654

Images: 0
8370

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Re: CAUTION!

i dont know why some put merit or get upset by what media says about a driver, that is there job, to praise, create drama, and ramble on. for as much as they are on tv, practice, trackside, the hub, qualifying, the race, they have alot of time to fill, so they ramble, i cant stomach speed channel, cuz they are boring, ive always enjoyed the coverage with TNT, and that is the only time i have the sound up, I enjoy listening to kyle petty, he doesnt clammer, doesnt struggle, to get his words out. he makes a point and gets right to it. i dont pay any attention to any of them, and everyone has that option
Image
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Re: CAUTION!

Prefer the old days when they just called the race as it developed and skipped all the other B.S.
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4705

Images: 14
8420

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: CAUTION!

I am really not looking forward to when we switch to ESPN and ABC because I really hate the times when they break away from the race to give you game scores for baseball and football and some of the other sports. I didn't tune in to see the scores for those sports, I tuned in to watch the race. Then it has happened several times when some top drivers have gained some key spots while they were away or there has been a huge wreck and we missed it.

I also hate it when they run these scores at the bottom of the screen because it just shrinks up the amount of space available to see what is going on, on the track. Last year, I remember them having three rows of sports scores going. This really ticked me off. I'm sorry but not all of us have wide screen televisions...not that it would have made any difference I am sure. :evil:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: CAUTION!

beaverpond wrote:I am really not looking forward to when we switch to ESPN and ABC because I really hate the times when they break away from the race to give you game scores for baseball and football and some of the other sports. I didn't tune in to see the scores for those sports, I tuned in to watch the race. Then it has happened several times when some top drivers have gained some key spots while they were away or there has been a huge wreck and we missed it.

I also hate it when they run these scores at the bottom of the screen because it just shrinks up the amount of space available to see what is going on, on the track. Last year, I remember them having three rows of sports scores going. This really ticked me off. I'm sorry but not all of us have wide screen televisions...not that it would have made any difference I am sure. :evil:

DITTO!
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4705

Images: 14
8420

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Re: CAUTION!

How many of us have thought about sending ESPN an e-mail about how we feel about this subject. I just did. I figure there is power in numbers. The more people that they hear from, the more willing they might be to change or the more willing they will be to at least listen.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: CAUTION!

Nascar is pretty tired of hearing from me,why not?LOL
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4705

Images: 14
8420

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:45 pm

Re: CAUTION!

When one does not listen, try another avenue.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3265

8413

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: CAUTION!

I don't think the big broadcast companies are going to care what we want ,like or dislike. They are in competition for the big bucks from their sponsors. Does anyone here remember when ESPN was the little guy and tried to please their viewers? I do and they actually had pleasant people and did their news professionally. Now it's in your face blah, blah. I'm with the ones that loved the classy guys that did broadcasts the way they were taught in college. They were the real broadcasters and didn't have all the junk talk they do now. Oh my goodness where are the days of Benny, Ned, Buddy and all the guys who didn't have an agenda? These are the ones who left their egos (that is if they had one)out of their broadcasting.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3039

Images: 3
8045

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Re: CAUTION!

ndunn wrote:I don't think the big broadcast companies are going to care what we want ,like or dislike. They are in competition for the big bucks from their sponsors. Does anyone here remember when ESPN was the little guy and tried to please their viewers? I do and they actually had pleasant people and did their news professionally. Now it's in your face blah, blah. I'm with the ones that loved the classy guys that did broadcasts the way they were taught in college. They were the real broadcasters and didn't have all the junk talk they do now. Oh my goodness where are the days of Benny, Ned, Buddy and all the guys who didn't have an agenda? These are the ones who left their egos (that is if they had one)out of their broadcasting.

BINGO-I agree with you 100% and ah yes,the good old days!
Previous

Return to The Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER