FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:Last week on the Race Hub they had JR on the hotseat for an in depth and revealing interview. When they showed him jumping out of his car in the garage at Pocono to jack the car up before his guys arrived something happened to me on a level not seen since the Grinch grew a heart.became a member of JR nation right then and there folks. I don't think I'll be wearing any 88 gear in Richmond but I do think he is awesome.

And.......I send heartfelt congratulations to Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team for taking over the points lead today.

Whew....had to get all that off my chest, now I can sleep. Thank you and good night

If you are a Dale Jr. fan, then you have to be a Steve Letarte fan. My humble opinion is Letarte is the reason Dale jr. is the driver he is today. Think he should get some credit here as well.

I am absolutely a Stevie Letarte fan. I wish they'd interview him more. I love the last 2 Prelude's with him reporting from the pits. That's one of the few times you get kind of an "inside" view of him. He's very funny and personable. I believe he's had a lot to do with Jr coming out of his shell and also getting a little "racing" fire back in him. I do also give props to Jr's girlfriend. She seems to be good for him. But, sadly, still not a member of Jr Nation :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:10 pm

I've always been a Jr.fan and Kenseth when they came up through the Busch Series,but i always felt Dale Jr. was lost since the loss of his father and often wondered if he'd ever come back.The one thing i am gratefull for is the fact he helped Brad Keselowski along the way or we may have never seen or known of him.Dale Jr.may not be anything thing his father,but it sure looks as thou BK has alot of his traits or attitude about racing.
I've been on the BK wagon since his conflicts with Edwards and Kyle and he still won the NW championship against Edwards.Love the dudes attitude and his aggressive driving style over any other driver i've seen since Dale Snr. Now it's Miller time,can't believe i'm gonna drink domestic beer. :shock:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:24 pm

Haha, I became a Fat Tire drinker when the elf got the 2 ride, so it wasn't until BK got the 2 that I could drink my Miller Lite again :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Jr lost confidence during those struggling years at HMS. Any driver who has something like that happen to him loses confidence. I remembered when Ryan Newman talked about his winless streak. He said that he was starting to question if he knew how to win a race or drive a car fast. It happens to all drivers.

What Steve did was get into Jr's head. He became his cheerleader. And made Jr recommit himself to racing. Now she works out a little, he reviews every race every week, he reviews old races, he is more involved. He is happier too. Steve changed his mentality. They are a perfect fit. Probably better than how Steve was with Jeff Gordon. Now Jr is back in title contention. And I can see him winning the championship this year. I will always cheer for. He along with Tony and Ryan are the only drivers everyone in my family likes too. It is great to see him back being competitive.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:35 am

Rochelle wrote:Haha, I became a Fat Tire drinker when the elf got the 2 ride, so it wasn't until BK got the 2 that I could drink my Miller Lite again :mrgreen:

back in 95 when schrader had the bud sponsorship, i thought id support him, by drinking that, horrible beer, skunk water, thankfully that last just two years and i was able to back to rolling rock...
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 am

I don't know that I've ever had Rolling Rock. I've tried to drink Bud, but I just don't like it. I like Corona, but please, do not fruit the beer. I could never drink Coors. My mom was from Colorado and she said it was cougar pi$$ so I've always had that in my head. Every once in a while I'll have a Honey Brown, for a change of pace. I'm not a big beer drinker but I do enjoy one every now and then. :D
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Rochelle wrote:I don't know that I've ever had Rolling Rock. I've tried to drink Bud, but I just don't like it. I like Corona, but please, do not fruit the beer. I could never drink Coors. My mom was from Colorado and she said it was cougar pi$$ so I've always had that in my head. Every once in a while I'll have a Honey Brown, for a change of pace. I'm not a big beer drinker but I do enjoy one every now and then. :D

rolling rock is mainly a eastern beer, but it has made its way out to cali, i use to drink corona when i first turned 21, and yes i liked the lime, cuz im easy to please, coors light, taste like your drinking water, but i dont drink no more, been dry since 98, i was a bartender and just the smell of beer was making me sick, so it was easy to give up.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:08 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
ndunn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.

Just couldn't leave well enough alone. By the way MichaelJohn is not an old man. You have no idea his age group. Lets put it this way....he is old enough to vote.

Nd your like the mom here, who will call people out for bein bad, i am glad i never felt your wrath :)

Actually I usually wouldn't say anything but some people have no idea when to hang it up. I give up tho as there was another smart a$$ remark from said person so I figured he isn't bright enough to get the message.
By the way Michael I don't fight everything as I know when to pick my battles so then I can win the war. I never argue unless I know I'm right so I don't have to apologize. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue and swallow the blood but that's better than getting bent out of shape.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 pm

funny thing ND, in the ryan thread, most everyone is talking about how Bass Pro Shops would be great for SHR, and i gave my opinion, and guess who he singles out? me, all he wants to do is pick, and then some people have the nerve to say im negative, as long as one person sticks up for him, he feels it gives him the right to be disrespectful to people, i know im not a angel, but you know that if i felt i said something out of line i apologize, because it takes a man to do that, as i did here in the thread, where i apologized to doc, and the other party continues to go on his merry way....
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:27 pm

michaeljohn wrote:funny thing ND, in the ryan thread, most everyone is talking about how Bass Pro Shops would be great for SHR, and i gave my opinion, and guess who he singles out? me, all he wants to do is pick, and then some people have the nerve to say im negative, as long as one person sticks up for him, he feels it gives him the right to be disrespectful to people, i know im not a angel, but you know that if i felt i said something out of line i apologize, because it takes a man to do that, as i did here in the thread, where i apologized to doc, and the other party continues to go on his merry way....

I'm sure your right about this. He has picked you out to annoy no matter what the subject is. Why he does it is because he has way too much time on his hand and he knows it will draw a reply. I'd call that being a bully. Bullys usually have things lacking in their lives so they take it out on others.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

I know you guys PM so why don't you do posts like the above in PM mode so the rest of us can stick with racing instead of getting personal.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm

ndunn wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:funny thing ND, in the ryan thread, most everyone is talking about how Bass Pro Shops would be great for SHR, and i gave my opinion, and guess who he singles out? me, all he wants to do is pick, and then some people have the nerve to say im negative, as long as one person sticks up for him, he feels it gives him the right to be disrespectful to people, i know im not a angel, but you know that if i felt i said something out of line i apologize, because it takes a man to do that, as i did here in the thread, where i apologized to doc, and the other party continues to go on his merry way....

I'm sure your right about this. He has picked you out to annoy no matter what the subject is. Why he does it is because he has way too much time on his hand and he knows it will draw a reply. I'd call that being a bully. Bullys usually have things lacking in their lives so they take it out on others.

your oh so right......, so on to more positive stuff, how is the weather looking for this weekend? we have been gettin hit with some steady rain in pa, which is obviously good, but its making the grass grow way too fast....
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
ndunn wrote:

your oh so right......, so on to more positive stuff, how is the weather looking for this weekend? we have been gettin hit with some steady rain in pa, which is obviously good, but its making the grass grow way too fast....

Please, oh please, send some of that rain my way. It seems all I do is water and it's not enough. The relentless heat here is even killing my desert plants. Grass, wth is that? I grow rocks in my yard... :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:38 pm

<snicker> rocks
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 pm

tlmerk wrote:I know you guys PM so why don't you do posts like the above in PM mode so the rest of us can stick with racing instead of getting personal.

Actually we don't PM as I don't have the use of my PM as it hasn't been in use since the day this new site opened. Phamo tried to fix it but it never worked. So now Im totaly out of contact with anyone I choose.

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing