FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Goooood Morning SHR - Thrusday

<<

awsum14

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

Goooood Morning SHR

Thought Tony had a chance there yesterday. Oh well, wasn't meant to be.
Cngrats to him and Ryan for a well fought effort

08/13 Mon
World Of Outlaws Lernerville 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR Race Hub 6:00 pm SPEED

Thoughts and Prayers to All
Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 am

67* Dew Point, 87% Humidity, 72* right now, it is supposed to reach into the low 90s.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Sounds sorta like our weather, Beaver, except our overnight low rarely goes below 80°. :?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:44 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Tuesday

Goooood MOrning SHR

I gotta big pot of Cajun Blck brewing this morning. :shock: :x :evil: :roll:
Yup, you guessed it. Back on graveyard for a couple of nights. What should have been done 4 months ago is getting done tonight and tomorrow night.

08/14 Tues
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
Marcos Ambrose
Rolex Sports Car Series Watkins Glen 12:00 pm SPEED
Nascar Now 3:00 pm ESPN2
Sam Hornish Jr., Dale Jarrett

Have a Great and Safe Day

Seeeee Ya's

I'll be sleeping
Try Harder
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:33 am

It's going to be 111* tomorrow but supposed to maybe get thunderstorms on Wednesday and cooler temps by Thursday, down to 105*. So tired of the heat. Can't wait to see my electric bill this month since last month it was almost 200.00. Ugh, Phoenix sucks from June through at least September. We've had excessive heat warnings for over a week. If I didn't own my house and could actually sell it, I probably would. Seems the older I get, the less I like the heat. I'm just hoping for a little relief from the heat later in the week.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 am

It is currently 60* on Mount Washington...is that cool enough for you.
Image Image

<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:54 am

beaverpond wrote:It is currently 60* on Mount Washington...is that cool enough for you.

I would kill for 60* right now. Our ground water temp is so high, you don't need any hot water mixed with the cold to take a shower. If I could take a cold shower, I would be the happiest person on earth. The only relief from the heat is the A/C. The temp is set to 79 and last month my bill was 180.90. My house is newer, 2006 but only 1200 sq feet. A lot of people I know are paying over 300.00 for electricity because of the heat, but their houses are larger than mine. This is usually our rainy season but storms have been few and far between so we're having record heat advisories. If it would just cool down at night, like So Cal, I would be so grateful. I just have to live with it and hope for cooler temps.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:01 pm

We usually have a hot spell during the summer, but this summer for us has been unusual on multiple levels. It started off with being the wettest on record with 14 inches of rain in two weeks. Since then it went the opposite direction with very little rain and very high temps. It is now considered one of the dryest summers on record and one of the hottest summers on record.

This is the hottest summer since 1938 and the dryest since 1947 as to which a good portion of the state burned in the Fire of '47. This past winter was also one of our warmest winters going back to 1968 and one of least amount of snowfall going back to 1962. So our lakes, pond, rivers, streams are a lot lower than they should be for this time of year. Usually we have some snowpack to fill them up in the spring and that did not happen this year. We had the 14 inches of rain at the beginning of summer which left as quickly as it came.
Image Image

<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:46 pm

This has been a very strange year, weather-wise. I'm not a fan of the cold, or snow for that matter, except for skiing, but this heat is really getting to me this year. I feel like I've been hibernating since June. It's a very tough year, all across the country and I'm afraid we may not have seen the worst. I've seriously been contemplating going to a hotel/motel just to get a cool shower. That's pretty bad but hey, what can you do. If it doesn't rain or cool down in the next couple of days, I probably will be hitting a hotel, it truly is that bad. We have a lot of quail and jack rabbits around here and for some reason they seem to really like my and my neighbors yard. My neighbors Yellow Bell plant died and I feel sorry for the quail and rabbits as they love the flowers from that plant. The quail come over my back wall from the dry river bed behind me. They have little ones with them now and I'm guessing they probably didn't have to sit on their nests much. The poor rabbits dig down through the rock down into the dirt and lay there with their back feet behind them trying to get some relief from the heat. It looks cute but then I remember when the temps cool down they start eating my Lantana because the tender vegetation gets scarce. Oh well, I can only pray for rain at this point. I'm sure I'm probably not worse off than others so I hope the weather starts cooperating all across the country.
<<

awsum14

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Humpday

Goooood Morning SHR

It is Wednesday isn't :? :? :?: :?: Night shift always throws me out of wack.
Overcast and temperature: 65.6 °F, Dew Point: 64.4 °F, Humidity: 96%
in the mountains of western Virginia this morning. Supposed to be only 84* and a chance of a t-storm later.

08/15/ Wed
NASCAR Race Hub 7:00 am SPEED
NASCAR Sprint Cup Replay Watkins Glen 12:00 pm SPEED
NASCAR NOW 2:00 pm ESPN2
Joe Gibbs, Tony Stewart
Shane Hmiel Former NASCAR & USAC driver

Have a Great and Safe day

Seeeee Ya's
Try Harder
<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:11 am

Mornin gang, looks like it's goin to be a HOT one today :roll: :roll: 79* now, goin up to 93* with T-storm's
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:40 am

Yup, about the same as yesterday, j - HOT!

We mowed our lawn yesterday and really baked out there.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:59 pm

At least the sun is not in full force today. Light haze but so far it's only 90*, dew point 64 and humidity is 43%. That the highest the humidity has been for quite a while. With that dew point, swamp coolers won't work so everyone will be using their A/C today. I don't have a swamp cooler, mostly older homes have those. If we actually get rain, I'm contemplating putting on my bathing suit and showering in the back yard...
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Norfolk%20Ave%20Accident.jpg
Norfolk%20Ave%20Accident.jpg (32.85 KiB) Viewed 570 times

Here is a job that nobody will want. I would not want to explain this one to the Massachusetts State Police Commercial Vehicle Unit. This job is one that really is going to stink.

"Someone’s going to have to hold the mayo.
The trailer of a tractor-trailer truck split in half while the vehicle was making a turn onto Norfolk Avenue from Magazine Street in Roxbury today.
The Cape Cod Express truck was carrying mayonnaise and salad dressing. Police at the scene said there were no injuries."
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Rochelle wrote:At least the sun is not in full force today. Light haze but so far it's only 90*, dew point 64 and humidity is 43%. That the highest the humidity has been for quite a while. With that dew point, swamp coolers won't work so everyone will be using their A/C today. I don't have a swamp cooler, mostly older homes have those. If we actually get rain, I'm contemplating putting on my bathing suit and showering in the back yard...

Hmmmm, Thats toooo much Info Rochelle :lol: :lol: ;)
Cause SHR just might be Watchin U!!!!!!
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby