FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

michaeljohn wrote:after watching todays race, i can see "crash" musta went to the jamie mac school of hard knocks...

There's your version of reality again.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

tlmerk

User avatar

Posts: 875

Images: 0
9250

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:51 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Smokeshow14 wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I think many drivers could have avoided what "happened" to her. I've watched the replay several times and I don't buy "She had no place to go." She has brakes. She has a steering wheel. You can use brakes and the steering wheel at the same time and avoid what happened to her. I don't think she was looking at where he was when he drove into the grass. Had she been looking where he went, I think she could have avoided that collision. Just my 2 cents but I think a more experienced driver would have finished that race.

I want so much to support her but I wouldn't if she was a male driver so I guess if I'm not going to be sexist, I can't say that I respect her driving skills. She just hasn't proved to me that she belongs in the Sprint Cup series. Not yet anyway.

In fact, I think I'll avoid this thread altogether and stick with my 39 and 14 drivers who are ultra talented and easy to support.

Sorry Tracy. But I have to ask are you serious? This sounds like something MJ or Wolf would post.



LOL Sorry for the negative comment but I started out really supporting Danica and she's not doing a lot lately to make that possible for me anyway. I want a strong female in this sport but I'm just not seeing her skill set yet. I'm getting frustrated with her lack of growth from the races I've seen, which I admit are not that many as of late. I do believe the commentators who cover her bend over backwards to make her sound like a better driver than she is for the most part and I think that can be counterproductive.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

tlmerk wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
tlmerk wrote:I think many drivers could have avoided what "happened" to her. I've watched the replay several times and I don't buy "She had no place to go." She has brakes. She has a steering wheel. You can use brakes and the steering wheel at the same time and avoid what happened to her. I don't think she was looking at where he was when he drove into the grass. Had she been looking where he went, I think she could have avoided that collision. Just my 2 cents but I think a more experienced driver would have finished that race.

I want so much to support her but I wouldn't if she was a male driver so I guess if I'm not going to be sexist, I can't say that I respect her driving skills. She just hasn't proved to me that she belongs in the Sprint Cup series. Not yet anyway.

In fact, I think I'll avoid this thread altogether and stick with my 39 and 14 drivers who are ultra talented and easy to support.

Sorry Tracy. But I have to ask are you serious? This sounds like something MJ or Wolf would post.



LOL Sorry for the negative comment but I started out really supporting Danica and she's not doing a lot lately to make that possible for me anyway. I want a strong female in this sport but I'm just not seeing her skill set yet. I'm getting frustrated with her lack of growth from the races I've seen, which I admit are not that many as of late. I do believe the commentators who cover her bend over backwards to make her sound like a better driver than she is for the most part and I think that can be counterproductive.


She has terrible lack.. Most of her crashes wasnt her fault.. Cole Whitt is struggling too.. She improves on short tracks, she is good on road courses and restrictor-plates, but she is struggling on 1.5 tracks.. She needs experiences on dirt tracks.. I think also Eury is part of her problems.. He made some bad calls and his adjuments on 1.5 tracks never helps.. Last year they didnt have problems on 1.5 tracks..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

jamo14

User avatar

Posts: 1371

Images: 0
180

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

she'll get better eventually
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

Image
<<

beaverpond

User avatar

Posts: 4816

Images: 32
9433

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 am

Location: Bridgton,ME

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

The key word is "eventually"...nobody is an instant success. It takes a lot of practice and hard work. Even at this level there are a lot drivers who are here that are not doing well, but they just don't get the kind of publicity that she gets.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4435

8185

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

beaverpond wrote:The key word is "eventually"...nobody is an instant success. It takes a lot of practice and hard work. Even at this level there are a lot drivers who are here that are not doing well, but they just don't get the kind of publicity that she gets.

& that is usually where the problem lies.
To those of us dare I say racing fanatics, we cant stand having the media try to convince us how great she is doing when we know she isnt that good right now. Then we respond to that, & her fans think we are just bashing (hating on) her, when really we are just (in my Scooby Doo voice) keeping it real dog! LOL :mrgreen:

If we are hating on anyone it is the media.

Shes not a good stock car driver right now, plain & simple.

Will she be? Time will tell, but right now? No!

Next week if she does well in practice, I will have to listen to the media tell us how this weekend might be the weekend she breaks into victory lane! They are simply insane!
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Jamo and Beaver nailed it. She will get better with time. Not every driver is good off the bat. And she is making progress.

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
beaverpond wrote:The key word is "eventually"...nobody is an instant success. It takes a lot of practice and hard work. Even at this level there are a lot drivers who are here that are not doing well, but they just don't get the kind of publicity that she gets.

& that is usually where the problem lies.
To those of us dare I say racing fanatics, we cant stand having the media try to convince us how great she is doing when we know she isnt that good right now. Then we respond to that, & her fans think we are just bashing (hating on) her, when really we are just (in my Scooby Doo voice) keeping it real dog! LOL :mrgreen:

If we are hating on anyone it is the media.

Shes not a good stock car driver right now, plain & simple.

Will she be? Time will tell, but right now? No!

Next week if she does well in practice, I will have to listen to the media tell us how this weekend might be the weekend she breaks into victory lane! They are simply insane!


I get that you don't like her being in the media all the time. That is one of the reasons I don't like Jimmie Johnson. And at Daytona this year I was a little annoyed by how much coverage she got.

But you kind of take it that next level.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

futura64

User avatar

Posts: 546

8050

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

Location: Central Texas

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

michaeljohn wrote:she will be proven a fraud



Naw, I don't think so MikeyBoy. But here's a personal message just for you ....... BUB



UpyoursDP01..jpg
UpyoursDP01..jpg (19.77 KiB) Viewed 804 times
BudmaninTx
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2433

Images: 1
9341

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:13 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Why they're bringing her to cup after only 1 complete NW year is beyond me. She's already had to be reprimanded this season, by her own team none the less. I don't put much stock in her points standing since so many of the races points are skewed by the cup drivers that don't earn any. She needs to prove herself in NW before coming to cup. I'm not a fan of Childress, but at least he's making Austin run another year in NW. Granted, she has experience in Indy, but look at where Austin is compared to her, with all her experience. She needs to prove herself worthy of a cup ride and where she's at now, she hasn't. She needs to dial down her ego and accept the fact that her celebrity doesn't entitle her to advantages she hasn't earned. I did want her to do well, but she hasn't shown me she's ready for cup yet. How long will GoDaddy stick with her once she becomes the joke? Fact is, she's not Jr and doesn't have a nation behind her if she doesn't deliver. I did like her, but she's not driving an Indy car any more. She has fans and she has a good sponsor, but you have to bring positive accomplishments to the table or you become dispensable. I do wish her success, but she needs to earn it with finishes, not media coverage. Just my opinion as a woman that has had to prove herself in the workplace.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1774

190

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

I would rather he spend one more year in the nationwide series. But I think it is more of a sponsor thing than her. Though I don't doubt she wants to be in cup (center stage). Godaddy really wants to be in Cup. That is is alot of money for Tony that Godaddy will be bringing in. They are going to owe her a few seasons to get into the swing of things. I think her struggles are a bit exaggerated because she has had bad luck (had a top five in the bag at Road America, was competitive at both Daytona races, and who knows what would have happened at Watkins Glen). But she isn't ready for cup yet.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

futura64

User avatar

Posts: 546

8050

Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:12 am

Location: Central Texas

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

SS14, to an extent I agree. Wow, what a run of bad luck she has had this season. If you are looking for good results in NW, that for the most part has not materalized thus far. Remember however, good results were not her goal. Her goal is to get experience in "Stock" cars this season, before taking on Cup. She is doing that. The thing all must remember is most all of the drivers she is competeing with came up through the stock car ranks, starting at their local tracks in super stocks, then up to limited lates, super lates and pro lates. They have hundreds of starts in those type cars. She has less than 50. We will see improvement as she gains more experience, and her luck is bound to turn at some point. Regardless, she will struggle initially in Cup, whether she goes next year or the year after. Everybody does. That's the level of competition there.
BudmaninTx
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 3119

Images: 3
8155

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

Jeff Gordon destroyed alot of cars his first season and look at Stenhouse most recent.What a differance the following year made for Ricky winning the NW championship.The team owners of these drivers seen something in these drivers for sure and didn't give up on them.Danica is a story of possabilties right now and to be honest,i gave up on her before she even came to Nascar.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

wolfgang wrote:Jeff Gordon destroyed alot of cars his first season and look at Stenhouse most recent.What a differance the following year made for Ricky winning the NW championship.The team owners of these drivers seen something in these drivers for sure and didn't give up on them.Danica is a story of possabilties right now and to be honest,i gave up on her before she even came to Nascar.


Believe or not, Roush nearly fired Ricky after season 2010, but Ricky's crew chief stands up for Ricky.. True is Ricky's crew chief seen something, not his owner..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

She is not ready for Cup. Now..

I think Smoke said plan is full time Cup and part-time NW.. Tree weeks ago, I read article about her plans: Danica's management is finding sponsorship for limited schedule.. Kelley E. also said they interest for full or limited schedule.. I think her plan is: full time Cup and part-time NW..

She needs more practise, that means more laps..

Seriously, who is better teacher for her - Smoke or Dale jr.?
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

gkbacb

User avatar

Posts: 136

180

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:58 am

Location: Erie PA

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:45 am

Re: Danica's chances at Watkins Glen?

she is not ready for cup, i dont think she was really ready for NW either, she should've started in the ARCA series, or at very least trucks, imo she doesn't know how to handle such a heavy car, higher center of gravity, i personally think she doesn't understand the physics of a cup or NW car, so very different from open wheel, i've been really disappointed with her since she came to NASCAR, at least in ARCA or trucks, she would have a better chance of not just running laps, but actually competeing
PreviousNext

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER