FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2403

Images: 1
5661

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm

A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Last week on the Race Hub they had JR on the hotseat for an in depth and revealing interview. When they showed him jumping out of his car in the garage at Pocono to jack the car up before his guys arrived something happened to me on a level not seen since the Grinch grew a heart.became a member of JR nation right then and there folks. I don't think I'll be wearing any 88 gear in Richmond but I do think he is awesome.

And.......I send heartfelt congratulations to Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team for taking over the points lead today.

Whew....had to get all that off my chest, now I can sleep. Thank you and good night
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Welcome to the nation.

And sorry to read the kind words about Jimmie Johnson (or anything positive about him for that matter).
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2403

Images: 1
5661

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Just trying to give a little credit where credit is due.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8479

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

it was a crazy weekend


jealousy is going to eat you alive sunshine14, you want to be treated like an adult here, but then you throw out your lil baby comments, when this thread was meant to be positive, but your lil infantile brain cant handle it when someone out of the blue compliments JJ, or maybe your just mad cuz nobody gives a rats butt about your lame jamie mac threads
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

michaeljohn wrote:it was a crazy weekend


jealousy is going to eat you alive sunshine14, you want to be treated like an adult here, but then you throw out your lil baby comments, when this thread was meant to be positive, but your lil infantile brain cant handle it when someone out of the blue compliments JJ, or maybe your just mad cuz nobody gives a rats butt about your lame jamie mac threads

LOL. Yeah I am sure that is it.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8479

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

onerockindoc wrote:Last week on the Race Hub they had JR on the hotseat for an in depth and revealing interview. When they showed him jumping out of his car in the garage at Pocono to jack the car up before his guys arrived something happened to me on a level not seen since the Grinch grew a heart.became a member of JR nation right then and there folks. I don't think I'll be wearing any 88 gear in Richmond but I do think he is awesome.

And.......I send heartfelt congratulations to Jimmie Johnson and the 48 team for taking over the points lead today.

Whew....had to get all that off my chest, now I can sleep. Thank you and good night


one thing ill say is both race were very good this weekend, it is going to be some good racing to get in the chase,

sorry i got negative in the thread, i just knew that you saying something nice about JJ was going to bring the kid in and wreck it for all....
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

onerockindoc

User avatar

Posts: 2403

Images: 1
5661

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Location: Houston, Texas

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Yes, I hate that this kind of got off the track..I really was wanting to share my thoughts on both JR and JJ

So while I'm at it...can I just say also that I'm head over heels over that Brad Keselowski? His future is so bright he better buy himself several pairs of shades.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2323

Images: 1
6248

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:43 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

I hear ya Doc, on the Jr thing. I too was impressed with that but was also impressed with his honesty. There's been a bit of a change in him that I was glad to see. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the media attention since his Dad's been gone. He seemed at ease during the interview and was surprisingly well spoken. Something I don't usually see from him. We all know he doesn't like road courses so I wasn't surprised by his interview after the race today and don't really fault him for that. I never realized he has/had such a problem with crowds. I have to admit I have a new respect for him now. As far as Jr nation goes, um, no :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8479

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

just a bummer he will be driving ford next year, its funny just a couple years ago while still racing for Jr, Brad was hoping to get to drive the 24, always thought it was a good move signing with a team that had nothing to do with Jr....

you know me, im not big on having a laundry list of drivers to follow, (thats just me.) ya pick one or two and ride it out, good or bad, followed 4 since 88' Schrader, D. Allison, JJ, Newman.

the drivers i do keep an eye on are Nelson Piquet Jr, Jo Long, and Slammin' Sammy, just like to see if they are improving every week, so thats that for now.....
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

onerockindoc wrote:
So while I'm at it...can I just say also that I'm head over heels over that Brad Keselowski? His future is so bright he better buy himself several pairs of shades.

Oh indeed. Good driver, tells it like it is, funny, some what reminds me of a young Tony. Nice to see a young driver become a star in the cup series.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:47 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

michaeljohn wrote:you know me, im not big on having a laundry list of drivers to follow, (thats just me.) ya pick one or two and ride it out, good or bad, followed 4 since 88' Schrader, D. Allison, JJ, Newman.

There you have it folks wise words from the chosen one. Now waiting to hear more on people not appreciating JJ.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8479

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:35 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Rochelle wrote:I hear ya Doc, on the Jr thing. I too was impressed with that but was also impressed with his honesty. There's been a bit of a change in him that I was glad to see. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable with the media attention since his Dad's been gone. He seemed at ease during the interview and was surprisingly well spoken. Something I don't usually see from him. We all know he doesn't like road courses so I wasn't surprised by his interview after the race today and don't really fault him for that. I never realized he has/had such a problem with crowds. I have to admit I have a new respect for him now. As far as Jr nation goes, um, no :D



Jr as a man is very cool, i was just never a fan of his just because he was Sr's son, now i understand why Sr's fans gravitated towards Jr, its kinda of like holding on to a piece of Sr, even tho he is no longer here.
Image
<<

ndunn

User avatar

Posts: 3227

5889

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

Smokeshow14 wrote:So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.



Just couldn't leave well enough alone. By the way MichaelJohn is not an old man. You have no idea his age group. Lets put it this way....he is old enough to vote.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8479

Images: 0
5759

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 am

Re: A few random and maybe unpopular thoughts

ndunn wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:So you admit you lack self control? Good first step old man. That is progress right there. Progress.



Just couldn't leave well enough alone. By the way MichaelJohn is not an old man. You have no idea his age group. Lets put it this way....he is old enough to vote.



Nd your like the mom here, who will call people out for bein bad, i am glad i never felt your wrath :)
Image
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER