FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ANY PRO FOOTBALL FANS?

<<

chevy39fan

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:19 pm

ANY PRO FOOTBALL FANS?

I know, go to a pro football site if I want to talk about pro football...............

Been a Cincinnati Bengals fan for a very long time! The Bengals did go to the Super Bowl twice in 1982 and 1988 and lost both times to the San Fransisco 49R'S. Not many teams could beat them way back then!

This year all of our teams have a ton of new rookies. None of us know for sure just how much they will help/hurt the team? Paul Brown(Bengals owner from 1967-1990)never did believe in giving a rookie so much money as a unproven player.

After Paul Brown passed away in 1990. He left the team to his son Mike Brown. Well, the rest in history. Mike Brown did all he could in NOT helping the Bengal's get back to a Super Bowl. Mike is still very stubborn when it comes to any decision making about the Bengal's. Mike just didn't like to spend any money and had the smallest scouting department in the business. So, the Bengals never had players signed by training camp and the quality of players became almost laughable. He appointed one bad coach after another. They literately became the most laughed at pro football team in history. It was ALL MIke Browns fault..........

While Mike was destroying a once successful/proud franchise. Our arch nemesis the Pittsburgh Steelers were dominating our division year after year after year! The Bengal's were a push over and the Browns not much better either. Both teams gave the Rooney's(owners of the Steelers)the green light for multiple Super Bowl wins......and they did!

Well, things are changing for the better in Cincinnati! We have a new QB in his second year. Andy took us to the playoffs his rookie year but sadly lost that game. All players have been signed( a miracle) and are in camp. Our coach(the longest tenure in Bengal's history) has singed an extension. Our scouting department has been expanded finally. Things are looking up for a team chant that is,"Who Dey,Who Dey,Who Dey Think Gonna Beat Those Bengal's?" Hopefully we play YOUR favorite team sometime this season! :D

Let's hear about your favorite team................
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: ANY PRO FOOTBALL FANS?

I'm a die hard Niner fan. I grew up in So Cal but never could stand the Rams, so I made the Niners my team. I live in Phoenix now but don't like the Cards. It's been hard to be a Niner fan the last few years but they did pretty well last year, so I'm optimistic for the coming season. :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:27 pm

I grew up a 49nr fan,cause my family was. We went to a lot of their games. Then while my husband was stationed at the Pentagon, we were fortunate enough to attend a prayer breakfast where Joe Gibbs was speaking. You can not help but love that man...so I became a Redskins fan and followed him to NASCAR and this young and up coming Indy car driver Tony Stewart, who when I first saw him drove both the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 the same day...I was impressed...The rest is history. I have tried to be a Panthers fan, but lost interest. I still love to watch football and usually root for the quarterback.....Mannings, Bret Favre and Tim Tebow.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

belle1010

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Buffalo bills
"I'd wreck my mom to win a championship. I'd wreck your mom to win a championship." Tony Stewart
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:38 pm

I may live in Florida, but during my working career, I traveled a lot to the west coast working with customers in the 1980's & 90's (the Bucs were really awful back then)(now, they are just awful). Most often I ended up in San Francisco or L.A. I quickly became a 49er's fan, even when the Raiders were in L.A.

The Niners have slipped quite a bit in recent years but are starting a comeback. I still like to watch them and cheer them on.

I HATE the Cowboys and will cheer for any team playing them. :x
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:26 pm

It's fun to talk about other things beside racing.

Houston Texans season ticket holder here...though I admit I go more for the tailgating than the game!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

39_newman

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Vikings fan since their 1st day...1961.

Statred liking the Colts when they moved here from Baltimore.

Poor, poor Cincinnati, been there twice and didn't win...waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Try being a Vikings fan...been there four times and never won...lol. Only thing I can think of that would be worse is four times in a row and not win but let's not talk about the Bills.

Starting to feel like a cubs fan here.
No sky too high...
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:58 am

39_newman wrote:Vikings fan since their 1st day...1961.

Statred liking the Colts when they moved here from Baltimore.

Poor, poor Cincinnati, been there twice and didn't win...waaaa, waaaa, waaaa, waaaa. Try being a Vikings fan...been there four times and never won...lol. Only thing I can think of that would be worse is four times in a row and not win but let's not talk about the Bills.

Starting to feel like a cubs fan here.
Wow 39_newman, thanks for the baby cry quotes! :lol:

I'm not even remotely bitter about Cincinnati loosing twice to a hall of fame QB and once great team. It's all part of playing the game I guess! :D Strangely there are a lot of 49R Fans on here? :shock:

My Bengals play pre-season game #1 this coming Friday against the Jets. Should be interesting......
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 am

onerockindoc wrote:It's fun to talk about other things beside racing.

Houston Texans season ticket holder here...though I admit I go more for the tailgating than the game!!
Yes Doc I have a life outside of Nascar! :D

Texans, good team! I wish your team good luck this season Doc. Should be fun! :D
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 pm

So, the man formerly known as Chad Ochocinco who is formerly known as Chad Johnson head butted his wife? Classy, real classy
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:55 am

onerockindoc wrote:So, the man formerly known as Chad Ochocinco who is formerly known as Chad Johnson head butted his wife? Classy, real classy
Chad was a great football player for Cincinnati but the mans character is what is in question.

People like Chad get told how great they are by everyone they meet and after a while they begin to believe it. You see it happen to movie stars,recording artists. It all eventually goes to their heads until one day, they loose it!

Sad seeing him fall apart but what can you do? :D
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 am

im diehard viking fan, last year was brutal, i think they played a pee wee team and lost, thats how bad it was, in recent memory the two years favre was there were my favorite, even the 2nd year when the team fell apart, because like i always say " i got to see my fav player play and it didnt matter if they won or lost
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:43 am

michaeljohn wrote:im diehard viking fan, last year was brutal, i think they played a pee wee team and lost, thats how bad it was, in recent memory the two years favre was there were my favorite, even the 2nd year when the team fell apart, because like i always say " i got to see my fav player play and it didnt matter if they won or lost
Don't feel bad MJ. My Bengal's have been bad a lot longer than they have been good! :cry:

There are many reasons why they have been so bad! Medium market pro football team.(not as much money floating around back in the day) Paul Brown passing away 1990. Horrible luck with draft picks. Very injury prone teams. Bad head coaches. Paul's son Mike taking over in 1990. Mikes pro football IQ is -100 at best! :roll:

One of my friends is a Viking fan Mark. Loves that team. My neighbor Bernie is a Cowboy's fan. There are many Steeler fans around here(that use to be Bengals fans) but decided to jump ship for a better team I guess? Traders....................... :D
Attachments
41rzpkC45dL.jpg
RIP PAUL!
41rzpkC45dL.jpg (31.65 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Bears fan here
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

pltslp

Post Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Raised in SW PA, so I bleed black and gold! Here we go, Steelers, here we go! :D
Next

Return to The Lobby