FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Will Miss You All

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: Will Miss You All

NascarNanaOK wrote:Thank you, HH. Did you wear eyeglasses before your surgery? I wear Coke bottle bottoms and have for years. I am wondering how I will see during the two weeks between the two surgeries. One eye will need my existing glasses and one will need a new lens. Tell me, oh wise one, how did you deal with that? After surgery, supposedly, I will only need reading glasses.

Yes, I wore glasses before, but not all the time. After the 1st eye was done I didn't bother wearing the glasses at all. The "good" eye was able to do most of the work. For the short time between surgeries, it wasn't worth paying money to tweak the glasses. If yours are metal frames, just take out the one lens.

All I use now is drug store reader glasses for reading. I also bought a 2nd pair of slightly different power for the PC screen since I am typically further away from that than I am from a printed page.

It's been nice not having to spend money on prescription glasses any more. I donated my last pair. :D :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks, HH, for the words of wisdom. I'm probably over reacting. I've been very sensitive about my eyes since I started wearing glasses in 4th grade. Back then, I would tell my parents it was time for new glasses when I couldn't read the scoreboard at the ballpark any more. To me, it seems like a month of my eyes being compromised (the doctor said one month to recover) is forever. I'm sure it will be worth it, but I feel like a "drama queen" right now. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:31 pm

I think you may be over reacting, but that's coming from someone who didn't need to wear glasses until the age of 40-something.

I just know it was sooooo nice to throw the expensive glasses away and just use readers.

I can even buy cool looking off-the-shelf sunglasses. No more Rx sunglasses. :D :D

Your situation may be different, but my eyes didn't take anywhere near a month to be able to see well. The vision improvement was immediate when the patch came off the next day after each surgery. The incisions take a month to completelyheal, true. But my vision improved right away.

Following the cataract surgeries, I then had a vitrectomy on both eyes. Those surgeries carried a little more risk (detatched retna) but they REALLY improved my vision... moreso than the cataract surgery. I feel like I have a new pair of eyes.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Nana, hope your surgery goes well and you'll be back with us soon. You will be in my thoughts.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

jsw14

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:13 pm

j sends his Best Wish's to NanaOK at 200mph :) :)

I'll be watchin for your return :) :) ;)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm

I'll bet she won't be away for long. :D :D :D :D

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

awsum14

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 pm

Speedy recovery to ya Nana.
Your a feisty old gal, and I know you won't be away to long...
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Thank you, Doc. I appreciate your thoughts.

HH, they offered me total correction and never wear glasses again until the surgery would need to be redone. But I don't have the $4000-5000 cost after insurance coverage. I think I'm lucky to just have to use reading glasses. Don't know yet if they will be Rx glasses or WallyWorld specials.

As for the sunglasses, that was the first thing I thought of. I have never in my life worn real peoples sunglasses! Thought I might look like my favorite driver, and get some Oakleys. But then I found the price on the "O." Ouch! I won't be wearing Oakleys unless my "ship" comes in.

I really appreciate all the kind comments and words of encouragement. How's it go? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... And after this is all over, I should be able to see the races on TV better!

Thanks guys!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 pm

J, thank you for the speedy return! HH is trying to reassure me of a speedy recovery also.

Awsum, just how do you know how feisty I am? You been hacking my eHarmony account?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 pm

I have had a couple of Aunts that have gone through this in the past year and have said they have never seen so well afterwards in years. One Aunt no longer needs glasses and the other only needs them for reading.

You will be in my prayers. Just remember, "be anxious for nothing for He is with you always"
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 pm

NASCAR Nana, you'll be just fine.........my husband's Uncle (83 years young) just had his done and the Dr. told him he could drive home......you don't know how funny that is cause he can't drive well with both eyes let alone one with a patch on it. :lol: :lol: any way when his girlfriend brought him home he drove them out to dinner about 8 hours later......I don't recommend that but from what I understand it is really quite a simple procedure. That was last week, he'll have the next one done pretty soon. We will be thinking about you...... :) Take care

Just talked to my husbands Uncle, said he wished he would have done it along time ago! Do you have a Sam's close to you, they have sunglasses that look like Oakley's......at a very very good price. Treat yourself!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery...but, this place might be better with an eye patch or two on... ;) :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Thank you, Beav and smoke14.

Annalee, thanks for your encouragement as well. I go to Sam's once a month, but I have never paid any attention to their sunglasses. You can bet I'll be looking next time. LOL Thanks!
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

jsw14

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:51 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:J, thank you for the speedy return! HH is trying to reassure me of a speedy recovery also.

Awsum, just how do you know how feisty I am? You been hacking my eHarmony account?

LMAO.....Now thats Funny Y'all....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Good luck tomorrow, Nana! :D :D You'll do just fine! ;) :D

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby