FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dont let the door hit ya on the way out AJ.....

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 pm

dont let the door hit ya on the way out AJ.....

Allmendinger released by Penske; statement by Allmendinger: Penske Racing announced today that AJ Allmendinger has been released as driver of the #22 Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series. Allmendinger was suspended indefinitely by NASCAR last week for a positive drug test. "Penske Racing fully supports NASCAR's substance abuse policy and we are disappointed with AJ's positive drug test results," said Roger Penske. "AJ is a terrific driver, a good person and it is very unfortunate that we have to separate at this time. We have invested greatly in AJ and we were confident in his success with our team. The decision to dismiss him is consistent with how we would treat any other Penske Racing team member under similar circumstances. As AJ begins NASCAR's 'Road to Recovery' program, we wish him the best and look forward to seeing him compete again in NASCAR." Sam Hornish Jr., will drive the #22 Dodge at Pocono this weekend and for the foreseeable future. Penske Racing will evaluate its options for a driver of the #22 car for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season.(Penske Racing)(8-1-2012)
Statement from Allmendinger: "Effective today, I have been released from Penske Racing as driver of the #22 Dodge Charger. I wish to thank Mr. Penske, Penske Racing, their sponsors, and especially all the of the #22 team for the opportunity they provided me and for their support in this difficult time. I also, again, would like to thank all the fans that really have been awesome through this. I apologize for the distraction, embarrassment, and difficulties that my current suspension from NASCAR has provided. As I stated last week, I have begun NASCAR's Road to Recovery program and look forward to using those resources and its completion to compete again in NASCAR in the near future."(Walldinger Racing)(8-1-2012)
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Re: dont let the door hit ya on the way out AJ.....

I'm not surprised at Roger's decision. This may be the last we see of AJ in NASCAR. With the state of the economy, sponsorship difficulties and plenty of potential NASCAR level drivers that aren't tainted, it will be hard for AJ to find an owner willing to give him a ride.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

the thing that gets me HH, it has to go deeper than just a supplement, it had to be a harder drug for penske to react.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Only time will tell as more information is released (IF more information is released). I don't think an owner really cares what the substance is. If a driver fails the test for ANY reason, they're outta here. Roger can't afford to risk Pennzoil, as hard as sponsors are to get these days.

Look how quick M&M Mars was to pull sponsorship (temporarily) from Kyle last year after his truck race incident. Sponsors have a lot more power over teams in this economy.

Roger also let Kurt go and that had nothing to do with the drug testing.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Who do you think will get the ride?? Hornish, Lagano, Trevor, or someone else??

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Annalee wrote:Who do you think will get the ride?? Hornish, Lagano, Trevor, or someone else??

Since Penske is going to Fords next year, I vote for Trevor. Roger needs someone that won't cause a controversy and Trevor is very likeable and drama-free. He should be given a chance. As far as I'm concerned, Sam had his chance and so did Joey. Sam needs to crash less and Joey needs to go back to NW, mature as a driver, and win a championship. Just my opinion... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:13 pm

michaeljohn wrote:the thing that gets me HH, it has to go deeper than just a supplement, it had to be a harder drug for penske to react.

AJ needs to "man-up" and say what the substance was. What's making him look worse is all the speculation as to what he tested positive for. Completing the program won't mean a thing if he doesn't "come clean". No one will ever take a chance on him. I thought AJ's rep said that the level of the substance was just above what was allowed. To me that says it's not a banned substance, such as a hard drug would be. Then again, does she know all the facts? Who knows what AJ's told her. I liked AJ, but there's just too many unanswered questions to keep giving him the benefit of the doubt. JMO
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

i agree Rochelle, if he took an illegal drug, just tell people, nobody is perfect, and people would respect him more if he manned up and just said it.

HH you made a lot of good points...
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:26 pm

The thing I don't get is this.....NASCAR said they are keeping the substance in question from public knowledge. WHY ??? :shock: Are they embarrassed to release the true facts about this?? Is it just another example of "OOOPS we f*cked up" and don't have a leg to stand on in court? Or is it an image thing, you know...... "If people find out the TRUTH, maybe they won't respect us anymore" We ALL know how IMAGE CONSCIOUS the whole world is nowadaze. I say that SOMEBODY needs to let us know so we can form our own opinions and not have to speculate as to who, what, why or where..
......JMHO 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

why doesnt AJ tell us what he took? nascar has to reveal to him, or that infringes on his civil rights and thats a major lawsuit.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 pm

I believe it is NASCAR's policy only to release to the competitor.

I had looked for him to man up already and quite surprised at his silence. Could it possibly be that it was not in fact a supplement? Gasp, oh the horror AJ.

The victim in all of this is Shell/Pennzoil. I would imagine Roger is going to play this super safe and go with a holy roller of sorts....aka Trevor if he can sign him.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:44 pm

no i am the victim, because im subjected to this story.....
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Always the victim......sheesh
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:04 pm

Ok i'll confess,Mayfield,Dinger and myself did meth together,anyone else you'd like to see out of Nascar, i was out before i got in cuz Helton wasn't invited. :mrgreen: The way i see it is what ever the substance was,i believe everyone deserves a second chance,but i believe Dingelbury already had a DWI while at Petty Enterprises,oops game over!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:40 pm

michaeljohn wrote:the thing that gets me HH, it has to go deeper than just a supplement, it had to be a harder drug for penske to react.

...I'm starting to sway that way myself. Aegis is "top flight" and I don't question the accuracy of their tests. I'm sure they did more than a standard "#### test" which means that they(Aegis, NA$CAR, AJ's people) KNOW what the substance is. The fact that AJ hasn't revealed what it is, suggests that's an illicit substance.

I mean, if it was DMAA or dextroamphetamine he could clearly show OTC drug/supplement involvement. His silence is suggesting(to me at least) it's another substance.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing