FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Re: IS TEAM #48'S DOMINANCE GOOD FOR NASCAR?

well doc for as long as you known me, have i ever thrown his success in his face? ya i do it when we are busting chops, but when we talk racing a lot of times i steer clear of it, and leave the chad alone!!
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:48 pm

It's always a great feeling when "your" driver wins Or at least is competitive. I'm good with having bragging rights on Monday mornings.

I just can't leave Chad alone. I'm the girl with the daisy plucking the petals one at a time saying I love him, I love him not.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:38 pm

ya but in secret you tell me u love him, so dont front in front of everyone
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Annalee wrote:MJ, she was the smartest one in the whole bunch........I loved the fact in the beginning Genevieve would have no part of "Kissing the Bricks"....Daddy must have promissed her something big! The photo is priceless, the best they took all day....glad you posted it.

The pillows, I don't think so!! Really... Giving a bottle of Crown Royal to each member of the team........now that is a much better idea!!

chevy39...
I too have JJ friends.....feel your pain!! :lol:
Yea. I even bought my friend a fancy dressy Johnson shirt for his birthday many years ago.

I just read a post interview with Ryan and he said,"We just didn't have enough speed!"......No kidding, and why is that? :? He many times looks under-powered so then why does Johnson look so much faster with the same exact race car????????? :shock: I just don't get it........ maybe his engine tuner use to work at "Precision Tune?" :lol:
Attachments
251897_10150946583391849_721225869_n.jpg
NEWMAN: "WHAT'S THAT, A WEATHER BLIP?" OTHER GUY: "UH,THAT'S GIBSON GOING THRU MCDONALD'S"..."IT'S A GPS SCREEN"......
251897_10150946583391849_721225869_n.jpg (64.12 KiB) Viewed 816 times
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:46 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
ndunn wrote:I've been reading all the posts lately and what it tells me is nothing will ever change except Jimmie someday will be in a situation like Jeff. If he could Jeff would buy a race as we all thought Dale Jr. might have to do. We still call Petty the King which I think is a little overboard but that started years ago. Richard is in his 70's so guess who we will be talking about 40 years from now. It'll be that da** Johnson who won 10 championships before he cashed all his chips in. No one but no one will forget the chase of 2011 when good ole Tony Stewart edged into the chase and blue it up. He had to drive a perfect race, come from behind again and again pass more cars than he could imagine and win the race. It blew more peoples minds than one big tornado. It caused more talk, people paying attention to their teams, and strategy that has passed into the next season. He also picked up five wins during the chase. It was a great season. Since this is 2012 we may have another streak that is as awesome as last year. We have no idea who it will be as there is a bunch of guys looking towards it. It will be fun for some but not so for others. What we can do is enjoy!

nd, bein a JJ and ryan fan, if people wanna roll over and give JJ the championship because of yesterday, im all for it, people want to argue and complain about the 48 team winning, like i said in my previous statement, work a lil harder to defeat them, and if no one can oh well, 7 championships wont be far away, Mr H wants the best, he gives his teams the best, he gives SHR great equipment, but not the brain power to figure it out, it didnt bother me when Sr had his run, or gordon had his, every generation has that driver who dominates, and this time it is JJ, but if you heard JJ talk after the race, you wouldnt know he is that guy, he doesnt throw it in anybody's face, he is proud of what he accomplished, but also humbled by it to, he works hard to be where he is at, he gets up everyday at 5am to work out 2-3 hours a day, chad works endless hours at the garage to the point he doesnt have much of a personal life, so the team can be successful, you get back what you put out, and they deserve every ounce of success and praise that comes their way, so does any driver that wins a championship, i always enjoy your post because you see things down the middle....

Thank you Michael. I have to be realistic about things as the world doesn't revolve around me. What I mean by that is no one on earth gets everything they want. If I did Tony would win every race and be the champion every season. But he'd be the the only one racing wouldn't he? It's sad to see hate regarding the wins and losses because life is tough enough and watching racing and other sports is suppose to be entertainment.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 pm

nd, i can see how people get frustrated with certain drivers winning, but even if im not a fan of that driver, i dont let that take away from the enjoyment of the sport, life is so difficult as it is, its good to have a distraction or a hobby, if this was the 90's dale sr would be winning left and right, now i was never a fan of his, but something always interesting happened, nowadays, if it isnt the driver you like, their is so much venom spewed about that driver, but that is the internet for ya.....
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am

I have to admit when I first started watching NASCAR steady ( our area wasn't always able to get the races) Tony wasn't in Winston Cup and I had a different favorite. I never really paid attention to the success of other drivers and I'm sorry about that. There were so many colorful drivers and stories that made NASCAR what it is today and I didn't appreciate it then. I changed my ideas the day Dale Earnhardt passed away. I didn't like Dale and didn't give him credit for zip. Now he could give people a real pain in the rear end but that was part of the game. But it showed me just how much each driver gives of themselves to race. They race for themselves but also for the fans and what a dangerous thing they do come race day. As for JJ I doubt if many people really know what a modest start he had. His life wasn't lavish but with the lemon the kid made lemonade. Does anyone in their right mind think he'd like being in the middle pack? When it all comes down to one word that word is CHOICE. We all have the oportunity so don't slap someone else when they use theirs.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:29 am

michaeljohn wrote:larry mac said something two years ago that made sense and normally i dont listen to him, but he said,
"dont hate the 48 because they win all the time, be mad that the driver and team you like dont step up to beat them. he is 100% correct, so the question is why isnt your team stepping up and knocking the 48 team down? it can be done, tony did it.

I agree with you 100%!!! Larry Mac is absolutely right and you're the man for posting it!
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

MyLadyWhiteWolf

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 am

ndunn wrote:I have to admit when I first started watching NASCAR steady ( our area wasn't always able to get the races) Tony wasn't in Winston Cup and I had a different favorite. I never really paid attention to the success of other drivers and I'm sorry about that. There were so many colorful drivers and stories that made NASCAR what it is today and I didn't appreciate it then. I changed my ideas the day Dale Earnhardt passed away. I didn't like Dale and didn't give him credit for zip. Now he could give people a real pain in the rear end but that was part of the game. But it showed me just how much each driver gives of themselves to race. They race for themselves but also for the fans and what a dangerous thing they do come race day. As for JJ I doubt if many people really know what a modest start he had. His life wasn't lavish but with the lemon the kid made lemonade. Does anyone in their right mind think he'd like being in the middle pack? When it all comes down to one word that word is CHOICE. We all have the oportunity so don't slap someone else when they use theirs.

I personally 'like' the man (JJ) and what he stands for. On race day, I don't cheer for him but I certainly respect what he does behind the wheel of that car and I respect the team when they follow the rules. I respect all the drivers whether they dominate each weekend or whether they haven't won in a few years. They are #### good at what they do. What I don't respect is NASCAR with a choke chain around the drivers necks or when they throw the book at teams. I miss the old days where truly the best teams won due to sheer talent and hard work, now it's more like who can get away with the most and not get caught. Now that irritates me, but no dominance by one driver. And JJ is by no means dominating this year.
“I hate to say I'm growing up because it scares me to think I might be but maybe I'm starting to realize there are more things to life than driving a race car.” ~Tony Stewart
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:55 pm

[/quote]I just read a post interview with Ryan and he said,"We just didn't have enough speed!"......No kidding, and why is that? :? He many times looks under-powered so then why does Johnson look so much faster with the same exact race car????????? :shock: I just don't get it........ maybe his engine tuner use to work at "Precision Tune?" :lol:[/quote]

I do not know what is going with the set ups and speed in their cars........neither Ryan or Tony ever show up and say WOW this is the best car I have ever had......but some how as of lately both dig deep and make something happen....kudos to them but it certainly would be nice if they didn't have to work so hard and still not have it the way they like it!!

ON TO POCONO!!!!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:42 pm

MyLadyWhiteWolf wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:larry mac said something two years ago that made sense and normally i dont listen to him, but he said,
"dont hate the 48 because they win all the time, be mad that the driver and team you like dont step up to beat them. he is 100% correct, so the question is why isnt your team stepping up and knocking the 48 team down? it can be done, tony did it.

I agree with you 100%!!! Larry Mac is absolutely right and you're the man for posting it!

and we all know who stepped up last year to take it back,

that is why i dont think there is 48 dominance, tony and brad stepped up, matt k is running great and so is jr, and it is all about who can run good for ten races, and it can be anyone of those i mentioned, so to me this question would have been good to ask back in 2010, but now, it is anybody's game...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 pm

onerockindoc wrote:It's always a great feeling when "your" driver wins Or at least is competitive. I'm good with having bragging rights on Monday mornings.

I just can't leave Chad alone. I'm the girl with the daisy plucking the petals one at a time saying I love him, I love him not.

heck you brag when your boy doesnt win and, tony this, tony that, and thats how it should be, brag on your driver when he doesnt do well, that is a fan with confidence, come monday when you dont get the bloomin onions, i mean thats what a true SHR fan is, when ya collect the onions on monday....
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 pm

Tony inspires me to be confident. Listening to him on the radio is an event in itself each week. No wishy washy, scratching your head kind of stuff from my guy.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:05 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Tony inspires me to be confident. Listening to him on the radio is an event in itself each week. No wishy washy, scratching your head kind of stuff from my guy.

yup every driver is going to have a bad week, big deal, should never let it take the fun out of the race,
<<

chevy39fan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:20 pm

I guess when I wrote this I was referring to Team #48's dominance as a "whole" with their five Championships and countless wins. They aren't necessarily dominating this current racing season! :D

We all know Smoke stopped the Team #48 juggernaut winning streak last season....... 8-)

I'm still waiting on my favorite driver to get a top 5 in a Championship! The skill is there but he needs lots of good racing luck and a better support team. I guess the best they can do is what we see each and every week? :?
Attachments
248104_10150897141241849_91257256848_9847705_1525262365_n.jpg
"COME ON GUYS,NASCAR WON'T ALLOW THIS ENTRY!"
248104_10150897141241849_91257256848_9847705_1525262365_n.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 793 times
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby