FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Im not a fan of Carl Edwards but.....

<<

14Smoke14

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:17 pm

Im not a fan of Carl Edwards but.....

I will be a fan for Dega anyway.

Fastenal, who sponsors Carl at Talladega for the spring race, are my new best friends.

The Fastenal salesman came by my work yesterday and was giving me his best sales pitch. I, jokingly said, doesnt Carl Edwards drive the Fastenal car in The Nationwide Series? I said, I go to Dega every year and have a blast. He says it s funny that you mention that because my regional manger and i were just talking about it.

Turns out, that Fastenal charters a bus to Dega every year out of Monroe, LA. So he tells me he has 2 tickets with my name on them. This includes pit passes, food before, during, and after the race and get to watch the race in the Fastenal suite and all is at no cost to me. So I was like, #### yeah, go 99 (NOT!!!).

I wonder how they will react when I get on the bus with all my Tony Stewart stuff on, lol?
14SMoke14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Re: Im not a fan of Carl Edwards but.....

Ya might wanna re-think the Tony gear... just for that one day. ;) Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

If I were in your shoes, I could be a Carl fan for a day, too! :)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

14Smoke14

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Will Tony be racing in the Nationwide race at Dega?
14SMoke14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:48 pm

You will have a blast!! Now that's the way to do business!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Heck, I'd even be a fan of the 99 for one day!

Good for you! Sounds like a great time. Hope you have a blast.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

tonycrazy

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Just wear ur Tony gear under ur reg clothes....lol...then after u get in there safe n sound....peel off the layers till u get to the Tony stuff....lol

tc

<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Free or not,no way in ####,not even on a dare, would i wear Carls colors.They gave me a fastenal shirt to wear,no problem i use their products ,but not with Carl or his number on it.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:23 pm

tlmerk wrote:Heck, I'd even be a fan of the 99 for one day!

The shame of it all!LOL
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:11 pm

14Smoke14 wrote:Will Tony be racing in the Nationwide race at Dega?

the last i heard he was only going to race the daytona race, now if he chooses to add more, that is a different story....
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

Tony was going to race something like 4 races this year with Daytona being one of them in the Nationwide. I am not sure where the others are. I read it back in January that this is what his plan was and Newman was going to race 6 Nationwide races this year.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

The one thing for sure is,neither Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson will run in any of the other two lesser series,i guess it's best to stick with what you're good at even if it's only one thing. The only thing they could teach the young guns is how to cheat and that's not going to happen.Ha!Ha!
<<

tlmerk

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:06 am

tlmerk wrote:
Heck, I'd even be a fan of the 99 for one day!

The shame of it all!LOL

You got me WG!! LOL

I probably couldn't be a fan of the 99 that day either but Kudos to you for sticking by your guns. I think we're the only SHR members who can't stand the 99 driver. Some of my "best friends" on here are Edwards fans, so I have to tread lightly. Although I do think I've made my aversion to him clear over the last couple years.

But genuinely happy for 14Smoke though! Too bad it wasn't an Office Depot rep though or Mobil or Tornadoes, etc.[/size]
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:35 am

wolfgang wrote:The one thing for sure is,neither Jeff Gordon or Jimmy Johnson will run in any of the other two lesser series,i guess it's best to stick with what you're good at even if it's only one thing. The only thing they could teach the young guns is how to cheat and that's not going to happen.Ha!Ha!

ya they cheat every week, it gets really old when people fall back on the cheating excuse where there has never been any evidence that jeff or jimmie ever cheated, id rather support drivers like that then that jerk sr ( thats right i said it, every chance u get u dog jimmie, so, im just gonna start returning the favor.) who took people out and crashed them and dumped them cuz he couldnt beat them any other way...
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 am

Okay Michaeljohn, I have been doing some digging into Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus. Since 2001 they have been docked more than 125 points, received more than $150,000 in fines, and Chad has been suspended for his teams illegal activities more than 9 times.

Now let me give you a couple of examples of what I am talking about. I won't go into all 9 incidents that led to suspensions and fines, but enough to give you an idea that your driver and crew chief are not angels like you make them out to be.

3/16/2005
Fine - $35,000
2 Race Suspension
Loss of 25 owner points
Reason: roof height was too low and illegal car parts the do not conform to NASCAR standards

2/21/2006
Fine - $25,000
4 Race Suspension
Reason: a device was used to push the rear window out by 3/4 of an inch to give the car a more aerodynamic advantage

Now I am not saying that all teams have not tried to get away something every now and then, but to sit here and say that JJ never cheats is just plumb dilusional. I did a google search and found Jimmie Johnson's name and Chad Knaus' name appear several times for these types of infractions and all the articles led back to the NASCAR website that have been archived.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:35 am

omg they cheat!!!!! must be the first cc to ever cheat in nascar, those jerks, anyone who doesnt push the boundaries is not trying to win, and what were in 2011, and the most recent you got is 06, i could careless if they cheat or anyone else does, bottom line is people are haters, just because their driver cant win, they hate, frankly it is boring an old, god forbid jj and chad get credit for actually being the best in nascar, so im sure this will open the flood gates to hate on jj and chad, which wont surprise me, gotta go through it every year
Next

Return to The Lobby