FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Opening Ceremonies

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:45 am

Opening Ceremonies

Every four years the world comes together to celebrate the talent of young athletes......for that moment in time the countries of the world put aside their differences and unite behind these young men and women from all walks of life, in a competition to find the best of the best...and the world celebrates.... If it was only this easy.....WHAT A PEACEFUL WORLD THIS WOULD BE!
Each time I start watching the ceremonies, thinking, well no one can top the last opening......And I am always wrong. Tonight the Brits out did themselves..it was spectacular. My prayer is that the games are safe from violence and these kids achieve the goals they have been working so hard and long for. Let the games begin!!!
GO.......USA
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:48 am

Re: Opening Ceremonies

Annalee wrote:Every four years the world comes together to celebrate the talent of young athletes......for that moment in time the countries of the world put aside their differences and unite behind these young men and women from all walks of life, in a competition to find the best of the best...and the world celebrates.... If it was only this easy.....WHAT A PEACEFUL WORLD THIS WOULD BE!
Each time I start watching the ceremonies, thinking, well no one can top the last opening......And I am always wrong. Tonight the Brits out did themselves..it was spectacular. My prayer is that the games are safe from violence and these kids achieve the goals they have been working so hard and long for. Let the games begin!!!
GO.......USA

...I watched...I'm an Oly junkie... :D :lol:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:57 am

every country does a great job, and london will continue the tradition, it was a shame someone said " i dont think london is ready for the Olympics." sorry but ya really cant beat sir paul bein a music act to open the show, hope all the athletes stay safe and things go off without a hitch..
<<

TonyTina14

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am

VERY WELL SAID GOOD POST!!!!!!!!!! GO USA!!!
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:46 am

This is always a wonderful thrill for everyone. My local area is fortunate to have Jordyn Wieber the gymnast to root for. This young lady from a small town 10 miles from here has fans from everywhere. Her friends, family, and those interested have held fund raisers so that her family could attend the Olympics. My husband bought a teeshirt from her grandpa who was doing his part to help out. What is really cool is to see all the signs that say "WIEBER FEVER" in front yards all over. It is not just Weiber Fever for Jordyn but the fact she has little girls signing up to do exactly what she does. I hope for Jordyn's sake all her dreams come true. She surely deserves it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:42 pm

You guys couldn't have said it any better....beautiful opening ceremony. The lighting of the torch was really something
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 pm

ndunn wrote:This is always a wonderful thrill for everyone. My local area is fortunate to have Jordyn Wieber the gymnast to root for. This young lady from a small town 10 miles from here has fans from everywhere. Her friends, family, and those interested have held fund raisers so that her family could attend the Olympics. My husband bought a teeshirt from her grandpa who was doing his part to help out. What is really cool is to see all the signs that say "WIEBER FEVER" in front yards all over. It is not just Weiber Fever for Jordyn but the fact she has little girls signing up to do exactly what she does. I hope for Jordyn's sake all her dreams come true. She surely deserves it.

I love a good story..........for sure I will cheer for her to win ! GO JORDYN, MAKE US PROUD!!!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:32 pm

The Olympics remind me of Christmas in a way... it's a time where we put away our political and ideological differences for a common goal. We all come together from different walks of life and celebrate something special. Seeing the many many years of hard work finally pay off for these athletes is always exciting for me.

We're all just people no matter where we're from, what language we speak or how we live. Now if we could all just live in harmony every day...:D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!

Return to The Lobby