FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

danica at indy in 2013...........

<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8440

Images: 0
5709

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 am

danica at indy in 2013...........

well seems she wants to run the 500 next year, personally i think it is a mistake, it will be her first full year in sprint cup and lets face it, she will have the rookie struggles, to do both races in one day, is just publicity stunt, because if she goes to indy, she wont get a top end car, and well nascar is nascar, she is struggling in the NW series and i think it is selfish at this time to run both races, maybe couple years from now, but its all about attention, not about the quality of finishes....
Image
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

michaeljohn wrote:well seems she wants to run the 500 next year, personally i think it is a mistake, it will be her first full year in sprint cup and lets face it, she will have the rookie struggles, to do both races in one day, is just publicity stunt, because if she goes to indy, she wont get a top end car, and well nascar is nascar, she is struggling in the NW series and i think it is selfish at this time to run both races, maybe couple years from now, but its all about attention, not about the quality of finishes....


Selfish? You sound sometimes like 10 years old kid..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

michaeljohn wrote:well seems she wants to run the 500 next year, personally i think it is a mistake, it will be her first full year in sprint cup and lets face it, she will have the rookie struggles, to do both races in one day, is just publicity stunt, because if she goes to indy, she wont get a top end car, and well nascar is nascar, she is struggling in the NW series and i think it is selfish at this time to run both races, maybe couple years from now, but its all about attention, not about the quality of finishes....

actually if you think about it, in another way. If she is gonna do the double in any year, next year is the perfect time for her to do it.

You figure she should be solidly in the top 35 in points if you look at this year, not sure but I think some of the top 35 hasnt even ran all the races so far. She will have, so the top 35 shouldnt be a concern.

You also have to figure (unless you are SS14 or racer) she wont have a chance to be a Chase contender, so your not taking that away. She will just be logging miles in her 1st year, which she will/would still be doing.

So honestly if you are gonna do attempt this, next year would be the perfect year for her to try it.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8440

Images: 0
5709

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

you might be right schmoop, but i think it take away from what they are trying to do at SHR, then there is talk they wanna get ride of the top 35, how convenient, first time that has come up to my knowledge, and to those that will post and say im a hater, it has nothing to do with hating, but everything to do with experience, do you really think a big time indy team will give her a car?? she will have to fork out the cash to get one, i can see tony doing it, because he has the talent to pull it off and make something happen, the drivers in the past that did it, they were mid packers at best in both races...
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:21 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:You also have to figure (unless you are SS14 or racer) she wont have a chance to be a Chase contender, so your not taking that away.

Love your subtle insults buddy. Classic! 8-)

I don't get how it is selfish of her. Can't blame her for wanting to go back and do the Indy 500. She really wants to win that race and came reasonably close a few times. She just needs to get that race out of her system like Tony did. I could she her getting a decent ride as long as godaddy went with her (which it seems like now they go wherever she goes). Running the double is tough. But if she wants to do it, who is anyone to stop her? Nobody stopped Tony.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

michaeljohn wrote:they were mid packers at best in both races...


Yes 6th in Indy500 and 3rd in CocaCola600 in same day are mid pack results..

michaeljohn wrote: do you really think a big time indy team will give her a car??


Roger Penske as owner and Rick Hendrick as sponsor.. That isnt joke, they planned it..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:42 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:You also have to figure (unless you are SS14 or racer) she wont have a chance to be a Chase contender, so your not taking that away.

Love your subtle insults buddy. Classic! 8-)

I don't get how it is selfish of her. Can't blame her for wanting to go back and do the Indy 500. She really wants to win that race and came reasonably close a few times. She just needs to get that race out of her system like Tony did. I could she her getting a decent ride as long as godaddy went with her (which it seems like now they go wherever she goes). Running the double is tough. But if she wants to do it, who is anyone to stop her? Nobody stopped Tony.


There not insults......... there Jabs :mrgreen:
Besides I can totally see you giving the typical answer,
Hey Schmoop you dont know that for sure, it is possible she makes the chase in her 1st year (followed by some stats of drivers that did it)
or the you dont have a crystal Ball, anything can happen.
or the you cant prove that in a court of law. You have no facts.
or ....... well you get the idea. You & racer would be about the only Danica fans I could see making a case where I was wrong about her not being a chase contender. So I added that part for you so we wouldnt have to argue.
Besides SS14 you take the lil barbs well........... Imagewell most of the time Image
Your Alright. just a little High strung sometimes. Image Just take it for what it is. Nothing personal, just messing with you sometimes. (even though I would never do that!)Image

BTW I assume the 2nd part wasnt directed towards me, but as a comment. Unless she drove for Andretti, I dont think Go Daddy would sponsor her at Indy with them already sponsoring Hinchcliffe. Just my Image
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:There not insults......... there Jabs :mrgreen:
Besides I can totally see you giving the typical answer,
Hey Schmoop you dont know that for sure, it is possible she makes the chase in her 1st year (followed by some stats of drivers that did it)
or the you dont have a crystal Ball, anything can happen.
or the you cant prove that in a court of law. You have no facts.
or ....... well you get the idea. You & racer would be about the only Danica fans I could see making a case where I was wrong about her not being a chase contender. So I added that part for you so we wouldnt have to argue.
Besides SS14 you take the lil barbs well........... Imagewell most of the time Image
Your Alright. just a little High strung sometimes. Image Just take it for what it is. Nothing personal, just messing with you sometimes. (even though I would never do that!)Image

BTW I assume the 2nd part wasnt directed towards me, but as a comment. Unless she drove for Andretti, I dont think Go Daddy would sponsor her at Indy with them already sponsoring Hinchcliffe. Just my Image

Maybe if I actually thought Danica could make the chase sir : ;) . Bet you don't know when she first came into NASCAR I thought she should just stop and go back to Indycar. I am probably as Danica fans go her biggest critic. Even in the Indycar side where she did well most of the time. I only say the things you say I say if you state your opinion as fact btw.

As for the part that pertains to the thread. Think about it though Danica is Godaddy's number one rep. If she wants to run Indy I don't see who else she would have on her car. Or I could see her in a car for Penske. Penske runs Chevys in Indycar so there is that connection. For all we know this could just be her saying she wants to run it but hasn't come close to putting anything together.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
BTW I assume the 2nd part wasnt directed towards me, but as a comment. Unless she drove for Andretti, I dont think Go Daddy would sponsor her at Indy with them already sponsoring Hinchcliffe. Just my Image


I think she didnt start, because she had contract with Andretti for season 2012..

Schmoopy, she has a lot sponsors for example Tissot, 7-Eleven.. Sponsor isnt problem..

But I see oppurtinity for her: Penske-Hendrick alliance. Penske's cars had Hendrick Motorsport decals in last years Indianapolis 500. Roger commented it - Maybe next year some NASCAR guys will try Indianapolis 500.. Roger with Rick something planned (maybe still planning).. Connection is there - Roger like Danica and he was trying to hire her and Rick is her boss..
Last edited by palino_s on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

palino_s wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:
BTW I assume the 2nd part wasnt directed towards me, but as a comment. Unless she drove for Andretti, I dont think Go Daddy would sponsor her at Indy with them already sponsoring Hinchcliffe. Just my Image


I think she didnt start, because she had contract with Andretti for season 2012..

Schmoopy, she has a lot sponsors for example Tissot, 7-Eleven.. Sponsor isnt problem..

But I see oppurtinity for her: Penske-Hendrick alliance. Penske's cars had Hendrick Motorsport decals in last years Indianapolis 500. Roger commented it - Maybe next year some NASCAR guys will try Indianapolis 500.. Roger with Rick something planned (maybe still planning).. Connection is there - Roger is like Danica and he was trying to hire her and Rick is her boss..

Oh I know shre doesnt & wouldnt have a problem finding a sponsor. She doesnt have to worry about that. I was just commenting that I dont think it would be Go Daddy as what was commented. Since that would be kind of a conflict of interests. (unless she was driving an Andretti car)
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:There not insults......... there Jabs :mrgreen:
Besides I can totally see you giving the typical answer,
Hey Schmoop you dont know that for sure, it is possible she makes the chase in her 1st year (followed by some stats of drivers that did it)
or the you dont have a crystal Ball, anything can happen.
or the you cant prove that in a court of law. You have no facts.
or ....... well you get the idea. You & racer would be about the only Danica fans I could see making a case where I was wrong about her not being a chase contender. So I added that part for you so we wouldnt have to argue.
Besides SS14 you take the lil barbs well........... Imagewell most of the time Image
Your Alright. just a little High strung sometimes. Image Just take it for what it is. Nothing personal, just messing with you sometimes. (even though I would never do that!)Image

BTW I assume the 2nd part wasnt directed towards me, but as a comment. Unless she drove for Andretti, I dont think Go Daddy would sponsor her at Indy with them already sponsoring Hinchcliffe. Just my Image

Maybe if I actually thought Danica could make the chase sir : ;) . Bet you don't know when she first came into NASCAR I thought she should just stop and go back to Indycar. I am probably as Danica fans go her biggest critic. Even in the Indycar side where she did well most of the time. I only say the things you say I say if you state your opinion as fact btw.

As for the part that pertains to the thread. Think about it though Danica is Godaddy's number one rep. If she wants to run Indy I don't see who else she would have on her car. Or I could see her in a car for Penske. Penske runs Chevys in Indycar so there is that connection. For all we know this could just be her saying she wants to run it but hasn't come close to putting anything together.

Well the "FACT" is Image SS14. That she isnt good enough to be considered a Chase contender next year :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well the "FACT" is Image SS14. That she isnt good enough to be considered a Chase contender next year :mrgreen:

You won't get an argument from me about that (though you can argue with yourself :D).

As for the topic, Robin Miller said that Randy Bernard wants to make it happen for Danica next year and that Goddady is behind her (which I thought as much).
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:01 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well the "FACT" is Image SS14. That she isnt good enough to be considered a Chase contender next year :mrgreen:

You won't get an argument from me about that (though you can argue with yourself :D).

As for the topic, Robin Miller said that Randy Bernard wants to make it happen for Danica next year and that Goddady is behind her (which I thought as much).

Wonder if Andretti would be upset with that, or if they dont care. (or if it even matters in Indy cars)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well the "FACT" is Image SS14. That she isnt good enough to be considered a Chase contender next year :mrgreen:

You won't get an argument from me about that (though you can argue with yourself :D).

As for the topic, Robin Miller said that Randy Bernard wants to make it happen for Danica next year and that Goddady is behind her (which I thought as much).

Wonder if Andretti would be upset with that, or if they dont care. (or if it even matters in Indy cars)

Miller said that Andretti is still #### Danica left for NASCAR. So I doubt that she will be running for him. He kept mentioning Chevy. The only other good Chevy team in Indycar is Penske. And Penske tried to get Danica in an Indycar once. I think that maybe where her ride lies.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4254

1085

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:18 am

Re: danica at indy in 2013...........

I know he isnt happy with her. I meant the sponsor thing.
I know Bass pro shops was on Ryan & J.Macs cars at the same time, but in cup that is a super rare thing to have a main sponsor on two cars that arent on the same team.
Dont know enough about Indy cars to know if that is common or not, or ruffles feathers (especially if Andretti is still upset with Danica)

Come to think of it, I guesss I should ask. Hinchcliffe races for Andretti doesnt he? Or did Go Daddy go to another team altogether after Danica left?
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER