FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

THE RISE AND FALL OF PENN STATE

<<

cslonewolf

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 pm

THE RISE AND FALL OF PENN STATE

So peoples I was wondering what everyones views are of the whole Penn State sex scandel, with all the "FACTS" that have been released as of late w/ the Freeh report.

Wanted to hear your views on Joe Paterno, and the removal of his statue.

I also would like to get your opinions of the sanctions put forward today by the NCAA.

Not sure why I am not a Penn State fan, or even a college football fan, but I am very intreagued by this story. So let me read your thoughts on it, then maybe if I'm not too scared to start another SHR fight I will give you my views lol

PLEASE BE NICE
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Re: THE RISE AND FALL OF PENN STATE

Last edited by Rochelle on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 am

they got what they deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it made me sick to read how people were upset about joe paterno having his wins taken away, and crying because the kids wont play football.

to take the last part first, each player has the right to transfer and play next season if they choose, if they choose to stay, they will get to play, but not in the post season.

Now for Joe Paterno............ when this all went down, i was on his side 100% you can look in the PSU threads where i backed him, but when the truth came out, i was disgusted and ashamed, so sandusky gets fired in 98, but PSU and Joe Pa, let him have access to the PSU campus, have is own office, plus a nice little bundle of cash. they fed the man and his sickness, they allowed him to continue to destroy young boys and their life's, so they got everything they deserved today, so people wanna cry that Joe Pa had his wins taken, boo hoo, and take a hike, did you think those boys wanted their innocence taken away????

i changed a letter because it offended rochelle, it wasnt my intent to disrespect the thread, i was going by the moment as i do when i post
Last edited by michaeljohn on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:04 am

Last edited by Rochelle on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 am

i didnt read your comments, i never do, because i dont wanna change what i feel when i type, i dont direct my comments at anyone, but the person the thread is about, and since its bothers you ill change that letter, i wasnt trying to disrespect the thread, i got caught up in the moment, it wasnt directed towards anyone except people at PSU, and you say you cant punish a dead men, Joe Pa said he never wanted to retire, because he knew he would die shortly after, so some may say he was punished.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 am

Last edited by Rochelle on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

futura64

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

Read the Freeh report. Some of the sickest stuff imaginable. Children being raped time after time, right under their noses and they turn a blind eye and do nothing?

Joe Pa saying "I didn't really know how such things should be handled." Actually they've made it pretty simple Joe. Just pick up the phone and dial 911. Not too tough to figure that one out.

This was not something the NCAA wanted to do. Somebody somewhere had to do something. Actually the sanctions are quite mild when you think about what was going on there.
BudmaninTx
<<

SmokeFan14

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 pm

I don't believe that they went far enough. SMU was given the so-called "death sentence" and after a few years they have started a recovery, even made a bowl appearance last year. But, if memory serves, they got nailed for taking money, not raping children. If the NCAA can hand down such severe actions for money issues, then they sure as #### could hand it down in which so much criminal activity took place, from the top down including Paterno.

Some have compared it to Ohio State's Tattoo-Gate and the issues that Jim Tressel had, along with Pryor and a couple others. Let's keep in mind that what occurred at OSU were violations of the sanctioning body's rules of conduct, not criminal activity. What occurred at Penn State was purely criminal activity and the punishment should meet the crimes. I note: Crimes took place, NOT violations, but CRIMES, against children and young teens. This is the henious part that cannot be forgotten or forgiven and the program should have taken the most serious hit possible.

Some say that it's not fair to the players now that they should have to suffer for the sins of those before them. Too bad, tough, terrible, so sorry, but I don't care.

Had this been found out and brought to public officials & law enforcement awareness their would be much of a program for them to come to, or if brought early enough, the program would have been back on track. But it wasn't and they didn't, so too bad if the current players get hurt. They have their education and their lives. The victims don't....

It should be about the victims, not about players and the program.
"Where there's Smoke, There's Racin'!"
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Rochelle, I am so very, very sorry this happened to you...but I think they striped his wins from the record so he could not be portrayed as the "The Coach" with the most wins" in the record book and in turn they removed the statue and all that glorified that man........the players who lost the W in the win column understand this is a very small price to pay....They had their day in the limelight, but to keep his name in the record books was wrong. It was something they had to do, they had to erase his legacy....it won't erase what happened to those young boys, but it erases what that coach worked so hard for and kept his silence for, no longer will he be glorified....There has to be a little justice in doing just that.

Just like your grandfather, he too will have to justify his actions to a much higher power..and then justice will be served...I will never to my dying day understand why anyone would stand by and allow this to happen.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

cslonewolf

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:41 pm

OK at the risk of starting a sh!tstorm here is my take....... I believe This whole thing is a big fat hairy crock of bull poopy. I am not sure why, but it seems to me the media is blowing everything out of proportion. I don't know if they couldn't be bothered with reading the Freeh report or what (It was rather long) However I feel like if they were to read it they could easily spot all the glaring problems w/in it. Freeh claims to have interviewed many witnesses, yet none of the key players in this "cover up" were ever interviewed. That right there speaks volumes to me. He studied hundreds of emails. Hundreds of emails that said next to nothing. These things were so vague, there is really no way of knowing what they were truely about. In my opinion he read the emails and played connect the dots w/ them to make them say whatever the #### he wanted them to say. OK enough about the report for now......

In 1998 There was a Grand Jury investigation of Mr. Sandusky, and yes everyone at Penn State knew about it. The GJ said that the claims against him were unfounded and dropped the case. So I ask you this... How is this Joe Paterno or anyone else from Penn State's fault?

Jerry Sanduski then resigned as assistant coach of Penn State. He was not fired, and he was not forced to retire. He willfully did it on his own because JoePa told him he would never be head coach at Penn State as long as he was tied to his Second Mile Program, not because of any known abuse commited by Sanduski.

In 2001 it was reported to Joe Paterno by Mcqueary that he had witnessed Jerry Sanduski in the shower with a young boy. This whole story hinges on this one incedent. There has been a few diff stories told by Mcqueary about what he had witnessed that night. There has been a few accounts as to what he told JoePa. He said himself that he didn't go into alot of detail with the statemant to the coach. He has stated that he told him it was sexual in nature, he has said that he told him it was horsing around. It all depends on who he was telling the story to. The child has never come forward so the whole thing comes down to what Mike Mcqueary saw or thought he saw.

Joe Pa reported what he was told to his boss and the head of security at the school. That is what was required of him. Now from I understand my a release made by Curley, they thought Jerry showering with childen was inapropriate and they felt that would be bad for the school if it continued to happen and it was found out about. From what he said the only knowledge they had was that he was showering w/ a boy. So rather than risk this happening again they told Jerry he was no longer allowed to bring children to the school.

OK gotta continue this in a lil while laptop is needed by another party lol
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

jamo14

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm

glad the people Joe Pa reported the McQ info to got fired and/or arrested...it was their obligation (and Joe Pa's obligation) to make sure the reported McQ incident made it to Criminal Investigators of the State of Penssylvania.

It was the powers that be's institution to run, and maintain the safety of the University...and it was Joe Pa's locker room to run, and maintain the safety of the people in it.

The powers that be at the time sent a meesage: it's ok to rape, as long as you don't say anything about it...

Joe Pa was The King of Penn State, and an intelligent man...figured him for a guy to report something that bad to REAL authorities...like Criminal Investigators of the State of Pennsylvania...with McQ by his side to give a full eye witness report
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

im4tony

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 am

Why they have to punish the future football players is not right. They didn't commit the crimes, let them be students and players. For what happened to Paterno, shame on you if it was a coverup. We will never know for sure the extent of a coverup.

Unfortunately actions one takes in life has a ripple effect down the line and one should think of who might be hurt and the consequences.

Forget about whether or not you like what they did and feel for the young boys Sandusky molested..that will never be undone. My prayers to those young men and their families.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen

Return to The Lobby