FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica in Chicago

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Danica in Chicago

I figured this would be a place where she could let her equipment speak. Very little braking. So I figure she could get a top ten here.

So far at the beginning however she has fallen back. The spotter is asking her not to over drive the entry & she is claiming the car is really loose. Sounds like they need to tighten her up.
The Spotter seems really intune with her driving style. Continues to explain to her how to drive it. Dont know who he is but I like the guy.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Re: Danica in Chicago

with the cars spread out, she seems to have found her rhythm, & driving the car better.
Pulled away from those behind her, & has even made a pass.
She did this last week too. It takes some laps to get the feel of the car & then she was very consistent. Lets see if this will be more of the same.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Danica takes the Lucky Dog after going a lap down from a yellow coming out in middle of green flag stops.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 pm

after the restart Danica looked a lil erratic. The spotter reminded her the line & how she was driving the car & once the cars spread out a bit she went back to consistent driving.
Drove up on Jo. Long who is a lap down & looked like Jo actually squeezed Danica near the wall when Danica was outside of her. Danica followed for a couple laps & the spotter explained to Danica what jo was doing. told Danica Jo was driving in hard & pushing up out of the corner. Shortly after Danica made the pass on her.
I like this spotter. He doesnt have a problem cheerleading Danica but also doesnt have a problem telling Danica how to drive or how it is. He is constantly trying to tweak her driving.
Seems once the cars spread out she gets comfortable & makes better time.

Spotter wants to drive the middle lane, she is claiming car is a little loose on entry & loose on throttle.
A side note Pastrana is still behind both of the women.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:31 pm

yellow came out right after Danica pitted, catching her a lap down again. This time she wont get the LD or the wave around. looks like she will need a pretty fast yellow as she battles for the LD this time around.

side note when Stenhouse pitted she was on the lead lap but they left her out like 8 laps longer than him, so when she came out of pits she was lapped, after losing 8 laps of time to fresh tires. I didnt understand that stratergy.

Lets see how she drives in a crowd on the restart again.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:44 pm

so on restart she drove hard trying to hold back the 44 car. didnt do it though, then once Buescher got by her I figured she would settle down & just get back to pacing the race track. The spotter came on & told her if she doesnt overdrive the car she would drive back around him. Which she ended up doing. But then Buescher pressured her & ended up getting back by her. Where he did a slide job when passing her. Spotter told her to remember to drive her own line. Teh nshe ended up getting back to him where it looked like sshe had momentum of the corners but the 30 car would drive down kinda to block the crossover move. Danica gave him a light tap on the bumper & got under him. Once she passed him again, the spotter told her now if you hit your marks you will drive away from him. Unfortunately for Danica a yellow came out shortly after giving Bliss the LD.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm

She again started in the LD spot when they went green, but lost the spot to Buescher.
As the cars strung out & Buescher pulled away, Spotter tells Danica to get her rhythm back & get back to using the middle lane.
Jo. Long has been following her around & even went inside of her a couple times.
Once Danica got back in her rhythm, spotter says pulling away. (but Buescher is far ahead of her now)
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Wow! Danica pits, & brad Sweet must not be a Danica fan. 2nd time he spins & causes a yellow.
This will put Danica 2 laps down. Not sure yet if she will get one back with a wave around yet.

She did get the wave around so she will be back one lap down.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Danica was up on the wheel that restart. Moved her way up to LD. Driving like she means business right now.

Spotter "you have one & two down, your struggling in 3 & 4"
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Wow! Looks like Sam Hornish is a Danica fan.

Sam trys to sling shot around Kyle & Gaughn for a pass & instead runs into the left rear of kyle wrecking Kyle & Gaughn, which gives Danica the LD & back on lead lap for a bonzai attempt to gain spots. At the GWC. Lets see if she took some notes from Ryan on these restarts at the end :mrgreen:

She does get to pit which means she must still have a set of tires.
She will be p14 back on lead lap.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Danica finishes p14 but had lapped cars between her & the other lead lap cars on the GWC.

She is still dangerous on lane changes. She shot down from outside to inside on that last couple laps & Pastrana had to take evasive action not to turn her.

All in all some bad luck with yellows, but an uneventful day, which is what she needed.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Wow! Looks like Sam Hornish is a Danica fan.

Sam trys to sling shot around Kyle & Gaughn for a pass & instead runs into the left rear of kyle wrecking Kyle & Gaughn, which gives Danica the LD & back on lead lap for a bonzai attempt to gain spots. At the GWC. Lets see if she took some notes from Ryan on these restarts at the end :mrgreen:

She does get to pit which means she must still have a set of tires.
She will be p14 back on lead lap.

This is why stupid Sam does not belong back in cup. He needs to stay in NW until he learns how to get through a race without wrecking someone. And shave those stupid sideburns off, Elvis is dead.

I feel better now that I've vented... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 pm

The thought of Kyle being wrecked was amusing to me,what comes around goes around,hood pins is a new one i haven't heard thou! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm worried about moopy,i'm begining to think he likes Danica more than Ryan. :)
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:32 am

Struggled most of the day. Got a decent finish. Not bad. But she did finish tenth in this race last year. So I am sure was hoping for something better.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 am

that hood pin deal was awesome, makes me like sammy even more, i hope he can be more creative in the future...
Next

Return to Danica