FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BK - Who Knew?

<<

adny1030

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 am

Re: BK - Who Knew?

As some of you have concluded a friend of mine did come on here and post something. Now how this came about it interesting and I will get to that but I have to admit when she first did it, I rolled my eyes a bit and said 'you shouldn't have done that'.. to which she replied 'how could I not, no body trashes my friend and gets nothing from me' … Now I am paraphrasing a bit as it has been a bit of time.

Still apprehensive, it struck me later on as I watched a movie that she was my friend. She did not care about what anyone around here thought, she saw some characterizations that were completely off and she felt that I was wronged. So she did something. Nothing that would change the course of history but something that is right. No one had to agree with me, but I think it would have been nice if someone told others that I am not an a-type stereotypical New Yorker who is a hermaphrodite. Of course I am taking that out of context to get a point across. It made me realize that I cared more than I should about things on this board. It also made me realize how blessed I am, that in my real life I have such good people around and how dear they are.

So, this brings us to the point of why I was even discussing what had transpired with a friend who has nothing to do with anything that has ever happened on this board. It is simple, it is because I am an intelligent human being and I use everything as a moment to learn something new, to grow through a process and continue to strive to be a better person. I take what I write and say to others very seriously. My words are mine and that entails my thoughts, character and moral fiber. The conclusion is that this board does not make me a better person. While I might enjoy the banter and candor of a few, there is nothing this board has done to make my world a better place. Really if anything I think it has been the exact opposite. And judging by how many of you behave, say and what you do, you too are in this same spot.

See, I will walk away with this knowing a few things- I never wrote anything on here that was not truly me- so sorry I am not playing the role of someone or a person from long ago. I am truly a female from NYC who loves NASCAR, and hates drama that is not in a race. So I know I have been honest the whole time, while I have heard many accounts of people come on here playing the female who is a male or stories like that. I am just sad that I became so skeptical of something on a computer screen that I too was sucked into a bit of drama. I will call the pathetic card on myself, but it ends here. I choose better, to be a better person, to keep questioning myself, to be introspective to make myself a better woman, mother, friend and citizen of this world.

Am I being judgmental about some of you, yes, but just as I am about myself. See, unlike many I talk the talk and walk the walk. I expect nothing less of myself then I do of others. And some I will imagine will rush to say that I am just a self-righteous blow hard. But I can truly say and believe that I am not, I am just choosing to grow and move on the path to something more positive and dignified.

For some, and I hope you know who you are, I wish you nothing but the best. May your journey be fruitful and pleasurable. For others, I hope you come to the place where you realize that life, a real one is around you, not on a screen in front of you.

And please do not waste your time typing a rebuttal, or another condescending rant- I will never see it, so I imagine that will not being any pleasure.

Ah, I did want to clear up one thing, the reason why I left SC. I did enjoy my 1+ year living down there and would have continued as it was a lovely pace of life and a beautiful state. It was because I became pregnant and was concerned about the education in the state. At that time it was ranked 48th and was far below minimum standards. Even the privates I looked at with the intention of staying down there were not up to par. It was not going to offer my unborn child the academic education that I wanted. At this point it is ranking either 44 or 42 depending upon the list you look up and still considered far below minimum standards for elementary education. So, I made the right choice, gave up a bit of a slower pace for a higher quality of education and hopefully a gift that will last my child a lifetime. Again, a personal choice that worked for me and my family.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 am

adny1030 wrote:As some of you have concluded a friend of mine did come on here and post something. Now how this came about it interesting and I will get to that but I have to admit when she first did it, I rolled my eyes a bit and said 'you shouldn't have done that'.. to which she replied 'how could I not, no body trashes my friend and gets nothing from me' … Now I am paraphrasing a bit as it has been a bit of time.

Still apprehensive, it struck me later on as I watched a movie that she was my friend. She did not care about what anyone around here thought, she saw some characterizations that were completely off and she felt that I was wronged. So she did something. Nothing that would change the course of history but something that is right. No one had to agree with me, but I think it would have been nice if someone told others that I am not an a-type stereotypical New Yorker who is a hermaphrodite. Of course I am taking that out of context to get a point across. It made me realize that I cared more than I should about things on this board. It also made me realize how blessed I am, that in my real life I have such good people around and how dear they are.

So, this brings us to the point of why I was even discussing what had transpired with a friend who has nothing to do with anything that has ever happened on this board. It is simple, it is because I am an intelligent human being and I use everything as a moment to learn something new, to grow through a process and continue to strive to be a better person. I take what I write and say to others very seriously. My words are mine and that entails my thoughts, character and moral fiber. The conclusion is that this board does not make me a better person. While I might enjoy the banter and candor of a few, there is nothing this board has done to make my world a better place. Really if anything I think it has been the exact opposite. And judging by how many of you behave, say and what you do, you too are in this same spot.

See, I will walk away with this knowing a few things- I never wrote anything on here that was not truly me- so sorry I am not playing the role of someone or a person from long ago. I am truly a female from NYC who loves NASCAR, and hates drama that is not in a race. So I know I have been honest the whole time, while I have heard many accounts of people come on here playing the female who is a male or stories like that. I am just sad that I became so skeptical of something on a computer screen that I too was sucked into a bit of drama. I will call the pathetic card on myself, but it ends here. I choose better, to be a better person, to keep questioning myself, to be introspective to make myself a better woman, mother, friend and citizen of this world.

Am I being judgmental about some of you, yes, but just as I am about myself. See, unlike many I talk the talk and walk the walk. I expect nothing less of myself then I do of others. And some I will imagine will rush to say that I am just a self-righteous blow hard. But I can truly say and believe that I am not, I am just choosing to grow and move on the path to something more positive and dignified.

For some, and I hope you know who you are, I wish you nothing but the best. May your journey be fruitful and pleasurable. For others, I hope you come to the place where you realize that life, a real one is around you, not on a screen in front of you.

And please do not waste your time typing a rebuttal, or another condescending rant- I will never see it, so I imagine that will not being any pleasure.

Ah, I did want to clear up one thing, the reason why I left SC. I did enjoy my 1+ year living down there and would have continued as it was a lovely pace of life and a beautiful state. It was because I became pregnant and was concerned about the education in the state. At that time it was ranked 48th and was far below minimum standards. Even the privates I looked at with the intention of staying down there were not up to par. It was not going to offer my unborn child the academic education that I wanted. At this point it is ranking either 44 or 42 depending upon the list you look up and still considered far below minimum standards for elementary education. So, I made the right choice, gave up a bit of a slower pace for a higher quality of education and hopefully a gift that will last my child a lifetime. Again, a personal choice that worked for me and my family.

Anyone got a pair of boots and a shovel ?? :lol: Blaming a friend?, :shock: is that like telling the teacher that,"the dog ate my homework" ?...BTW,..I ONLY typed this because you said not to. I may have been born in the daytime BUT, it wasn't yesterday. If you expect ME,.....OR.....,for that matter any other intelligent member here to even CONSIDER believing this, you should consider a new career in Stock Futures because, BABY, with skills like that, you could sell Whole hogs in Tel Aviv during Lent. You come here rippin' into people with the venom of a #### off rattle snake, and then, do a 180* when an Inland Taipan shows up. It'll be okay, I promise. Just continue to take your medication as prescribed.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm

My only question is that adny called her friend "she" but the profile says male. Makes me go hmmmm :roll:

I'm confused (but not sexually)... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:34 pm

as i look back on this, its all Rochelle's fault, if she had not started this thread, we would all be hugging n lovin' each other, what this site is really known for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:45 pm

...and we would all be singing "Cume By Ya" around a campfire... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 pm

michaeljohn wrote:as i look back on this, its all Rochelle's fault, if she had not started this thread, we would all be hugging n lovin' each other, what this site is really known for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geez MJ, it's not polite to tattle... :oops:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

dolanesque

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:35 pm

oops i am a "she" rochelle .. just created my first profile at God knows what hour with one eye open. MJ your last post is exactly what ADNY has told her know nothing about NASCAR friends about her NASCAR friends.. that they are a kumbaya fun bunch and tons of laughs.
I saw a bummed friend being ground down by an angry bird who couldnt let go and found myself logging in. Angry bird who was so fired up about her original post became more bitter and indignant when she dropped her original thought and reacted with support and kindness to MJs real life health issue. According to crankypants himself she "made a 180" which somehow riled him up even more. things that make you go hmmmm?
Seems the parties involved moved on and got over it and bitter bob still grinding the axe...
chill boy chill. ask your mother for a hug it does a body good.
Good luck with your surgery mj wish you well be sure to stay away from the bitter pills. they'll bring you down every time.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Now what was this thread originally about,#### i forgot! :mrgreen:
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

ryannewman39

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 pm

I have been silent for a long time as I for one wish to enjoy this site and learn about our favorite drivers. Its a shame some here always enjoy the drama love to sling the mud but cant take it. Just a thought cant we all just grow up instead of being ashamed of ourselves. Seriously! Ive been on this site since its begining and over the years I have seen it all. I have made some good friends and have listened to my share of drama. I hope you all can truely live with your selves I for one will.
RYAN NEWMAN AND THE TEAM #39 U.S. ARMY/HAAS AUTOMATION/TORNADOS CHEVROLET ARMY STRONG AND RACIN TO WIN PROUD MEMBER OF THE SHR GARAGE GANG
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:17 am

Why did this drama start on a post about BK anyway? LOL

I don't know ADNY but I've talked to her/him in the chat room and she's always very cordial. I don't care if she was on here before under another name or related to someone else or if she's a "newbie." New people have just as much right to post on this forum as the rest of us and the only thing that does press my buttons is when people tell other people they don't have a right to post what they want (while at the same time posting whatever THEY want). If you're going to get personal, you can't tell the other person they can't.

Why don't you guys start a thread with the intention of using it to "argue" with each other. Then you guys can have some fun and we don't have to sort through the "crap" to read about NASCAR.

It sounds preachy, I know, but can't we all lighten up?

In the end... I don't care who doesn't get along with someone on this site but why don't you have threads dealing with that stuff. Accuse each other, call each other out, prove your cases, and if your lives are that boring... keep your arguments going ad nauseum because no one ever wins in the end anyway. It would just be nice if you titled these posts so the rest of us wouldn't have to read them (unless we're bored and then they actually are quite interesting!) LOL

Last weekend I spent 3 days with my husband in the hospital for cardiac issues (so I never did catch the race). He's much better but it puts things into prospective for sure. This is all the small stuff. It's fun, it's interesting, but it shouldn't provoke people. Not on a deep level. It's NOT important.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:05 am

dolanesque wrote:oops i am a "she" rochelle .. just created my first profile at God knows what hour with one eye open. MJ your last post is exactly what ADNY has told her know nothing about NASCAR friends about her NASCAR friends.. that they are a kumbaya fun bunch and tons of laughs.
I saw a bummed friend being ground down by an angry bird who couldnt let go and found myself logging in. Angry bird who was so fired up about her original post became more bitter and indignant when she dropped her original thought and reacted with support and kindness to MJs real life health issue. According to crankypants himself she "made a 180" which somehow riled him up even more. things that make you go hmmmm?
Seems the parties involved moved on and got over it and bitter bob still grinding the axe...
chill boy chill. ask your mother for a hug it does a body good.
Good luck with your surgery mj wish you well be sure to stay away from the bitter pills. they'll bring you down every time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that your eyes are a LOVELY shade of BROWN....aren't they. :lol: :lol:
As for "grinding the axe".....not necessary, mine stays sharp. :shock: :shock:
"Bitter Bob" , "Angry Bird"....are those the best you can do??? :roll: :roll:
As for "bitter pills", I'd suggest to stay away from chocolate cake instead, it'll bring you down faster than a "bitter pill" just ask any neighborhood dietician. :cry: :cry:
"BOY" ???.....I've been past "BOY" since about 1975, YOU need to have YOUR mommy wash your dirty little mouth out with soap, it might be a refreshing experience for you. You know, give you a "clean outlook" on life as you THINK you know it. :o
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

cslonewolf

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 pm

UUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM YEA BRAD KESELOWSKI IS AWESOME!!!!!
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:10 pm

ryannewman39 wrote:I have been silent for a long time as I for one wish to enjoy this site and learn about our favorite drivers. Its a shame some here always enjoy the drama love to sling the mud but cant take it. Just a thought cant we all just grow up instead of being ashamed of ourselves. Seriously! Ive been on this site since its begining and over the years I have seen it all. I have made some good friends and have listened to my share of drama. I hope you all can truely live with your selves I for one will.

THANK YOU............

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:49 pm

I will miss you Frehley........
<<

tonycrazy

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm

All i can say to this is......and granted i shouldnt LOWER myself....but i will....
SMDH!!!!!! THIS is the very reason all of the good ppl r leaving....we have fought tooth n nail to keep a site we can all enjoy.....but frankly i think folks r just tired of trying....the constant bickering, squabbling and fighting is just more than most can or will take....some of us have REAL life probs that superceeds the petty crab here....we used this place as an escape from the real life drama to talk racing and discuss ( and yes sometimes debate in a healthy way) our drivers and opinions....but this is over the edge....and just down right childish.....
So those of u that insisted on trolling i bow to u....u have conquered what u set out to do 4 yrs ago....not sure y u would want to do that except out of just pure hatefulness or "just because u can"
but whatever the reason.....Congrats....i hope ur happy now....now go tear down someone else's happy place...u took this one down as planned....Wouldnt Tony be proud....he gives us a meeting place for free and its been thrown back at him....some just dont appreciate or respect others....that is very apparent here....

tc

Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing