FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

<<

chip28018

User avatar

Posts: 83

Images: 20
205

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

where is at nascar.com doesn't have it nor rcca?
Image
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1069

Images: 1
8271

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 am

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

I noticed on evilBay, not uncommon thay they put'em up the day they get the production notice from Lionel...very often before RCCA or NA$CAR.com. I called my local shop and they got the production email yesterday too.

Tony's store has it up...

http://www.tonystewart.com/store/produc ... on-diecast
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

cslonewolf

Posts: 312

195

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

8-)
Last edited by cslonewolf on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Posts: 312

195

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Post Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

I've been rather depressed lately so I've been trying really hard to cheer myself up by doing one thing that usually makes me happy. I've been buying a ton of die casts, but I think in a way that is only depressing me more, since I have nowhere to put them since I once again lost my NASCAR room to her son. As well as the other cars I have already posted about before I have gotten


2002 #24 Jeff Gordon Dupont/ Bugs Bunny Chevy

2007 #07 Clint Bowyer Jack Daniels Chevy COT

2009 #55 Micheal Waltrip Napa Toyota

2010 #12 Brad Keselowski Penske Dodge

2012 #2 Brad Keselowski Miller Lite Dodge
(lowest DIN# on any of my cars......00006)

2010 #39 Ryan Newman U.S. ARMY Prelude Dirt car

2012 #39 Ryan Newman U.S. ARMY Chevy

Really need to take a break w/ these things, but it's like crack I just can't quit em lol
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

cslonewolf

Posts: 312

195

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Got my Brad Keselowski #2 Miller Lite Dodge autographed by Brad at the Pocono race in June..... SWEET.

Gonna try to get his #22 Discount Tires Dodge signed next month
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

chip28018

User avatar

Posts: 83

Images: 20
205

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:14 am

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

When I get a chance I'll post my most recent cars I bought the Chicago, homestead, bass pro, and the championship stewart cars.
Image
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8607

Images: 0
8151

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

smoke14rulez wrote:I noticed on evilBay, not uncommon thay they put'em up the day they get the production notice from Lionel...very often before RCCA or NA$CAR.com. I called my local shop and they got the production email yesterday too.

Tony's store has it up...

http://www.tonystewart.com/store/produc ... on-diecast


i dont trust ebay when it comes to the new diecast, because they can put up that production pic and say "ya bid, its yours." i got screwed out of a ryan one a few years ago, because of it.... so i just go to my two fav sites for new diecast, good deals....
Image
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1069

Images: 1
8271

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

chip28018 wrote:When I get a chance I'll post my most recent cars I bought the Chicago, homestead, bass pro, and the championship stewart cars.


...yep, I got the last of the "Fab 5" a bit ago too. Still haven't decided about how to display'em...I'm thinkin' a seperate 5 slot case and make it a Championship theme? Been toyin' with the idea of putting pictures(probably from each victory lane celebration) behind the cars? I don't particularly like mirrored back cases even though they DO let you see the other side of the car, maybe the pics would give it a different feel...and none of the cars are very marked up, except for the Homestead car...and that's on the front.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1069

Images: 1
8271

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

michaeljohn wrote:
smoke14rulez wrote:I noticed on evilBay, not uncommon thay they put'em up the day they get the production notice from Lionel...very often before RCCA or NA$CAR.com. I called my local shop and they got the production email yesterday too.

Tony's store has it up...

http://www.tonystewart.com/store/produc ... on-diecast


i dont trust ebay when it comes to the new diecast, because they can put up that production pic and say "ya bid, its yours." i got screwed out of a ryan one a few years ago, because of it.... so i just go to my two fav sites for new diecast, good deals....


...yep, I wouldn't pre-order off of there. They all want instant payment for something that can be 5-6 months(or more) before it's in stock. Who knows what would happen if they cancel production? They might say, "Sorry, don't know ya' "...and PayPal only lets you dispute for like 30 or 60 days...after that, yer' screwed. :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1069

Images: 1
8271

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

A mock-up of this year's BTS car(scheduled to run at Pocono)...with that stupid pencil across the roof and down the A/C pillars...again...BUT, NOW IN BLUE...YEAAAAA... :roll:

Image
Last edited by smoke14rulez on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3714

Images: 2
8186

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Now that's a COOL CAR :D I don't care what anybody say's....GO Office Depot, & get the Kid's involved in Nascar 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8607

Images: 0
8151

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

rulez you like that pencil, i have a feeling you will do that to your vehicle, is a good looking car, a lot better then the 1st yr they did it..
Image
<<

chip28018

User avatar

Posts: 83

Images: 20
205

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

Much better but I still say this give me one shot let me design the car if nobody likes it fine so be it. I bet I could make them sell twice as many die-cast!
Image
<<

cslonewolf

Posts: 312

195

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

smoke14rulez wrote:
chip28018 wrote:When I get a chance I'll post my most recent cars I bought the Chicago, homestead, bass pro, and the championship stewart cars.


...yep, I got the last of the "Fab 5" a bit ago too. Still haven't decided about how to display'em...I'm thinkin' a seperate 5 slot case and make it a Championship theme? Been toyin' with the idea of putting pictures(probably from each victory lane celebration) behind the cars? I don't particularly like mirrored back cases even though they DO let you see the other side of the car, maybe the pics would give it a different feel...and none of the cars are very marked up, except for the Homestead car...and that's on the front.



I for one think the pics are a great idea Rulez, Somehow add a banner of somekind that says "ROAD TO THE CUP" or something like that. That would be sweet.
"He makes me look thinner" Tony on why he picked Ryan to be his team mate. bet he's gonna enjoy his fair share of Krissie's cookies every weekend lol
SMOKE'N ROCKETS
GO #39 U.S ARMY CHEVROLET
GO RYAN
GO SMOKE,
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1069

Images: 1
8271

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Diecast Collectors(Your Collection, News, etc.)

michaeljohn wrote:rulez you like that pencil, i have a feeling you will do that to your vehicle, is a good looking car, a lot better then the 1st yr they did it..


...I'd need a bigger pencil. :mrgreen: I dunno', I liked the first year the best, it was very original. In fact, I remember the owners of my local speed shop sayin' that it won an award for best special paint scheme for that year. I dunno' if it was for the diecast or the real scheme, but I agreed, 'twas cool. I just feel that the last three years have just been "variations on the theme"...not really tryin' to be original anymore. Like Chip said, I think I could design a better one too. I think they should do a design contest...like what Toyota did, let the winner be on the car. 8-)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
PreviousNext

Return to The Lobby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER