FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Feel bad for Danica

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

I like Johanna Long and I think she does have talent. But to say that she is the best of the female driver doesn't make sense since there is nothing to back it up. She doesn't have Danica's equipment that is for sure. But maybe there is a reason why? She raced trucks last year and ran almost all the races racing trucks that Kyle Busch won in and either wrecked (not all was of her doing) or finished outside the top ten. Though she did get a best finish of 11th. I think most fans just want to hang on to Long because of their disdain of Danica Mania. Schmoopy clearly hates how much the media covers Patrick. Patrick is (and this is a fact) the most successful female in racing outside of Drag racing. She already has the highest finish for a female in NASCAR's top three divisions. And this is someone who is still learning mind you. If you expect Danica's communication to be on the level of Tony Stewart's then you are fooling yourself. This is only her first full season in stock cars. Veterans are still learning everyday, much less a raw rookie. Could Long do as good as Patrick in the seven car. Possible. But that is all conjecture. And she looks up to Patrick. As most female racers do.

And one thing what annoys me more than Danica Mania are people who whine about Danica Mania.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:35 pm

its true, I dont care for the media when it concerns Danica. However I was comparing the communciations I heard from Danica & Long, not the veterans, as I agree that wouldnt be fair. I am not bashing Danica, I might make certain points to attempt to keep certain rose colored glasses Danica fans in check (which I admit is futile)

BTW there is a female motorcycle racer with more wins than Danica if that is how your measuring success. (just throwing that out there)
We all know when it is said & done Danica will be the most successful Female driver in Stock Cars, but some of you are always talking about her being way above where she actually is. (now) Which is more annoying for me than the media.
Which is why it is refreshing talking to Paulino sometimes, that has a bit more realistic view of Danica even as a fan of hers.
BTW I am not saying Long is a good NW series driver right now, who aalso only has a few races under her belt. I believe she has a ton of growing to do as well. Just pointing out Danica is no where near where you believe she is. I do believe Danica will have a faster learning curve with abilities her team can present her & with her years in the business of big time racing. Honestly you never know how drivers react to success. So if Long did get a better full time ride & had some success, then she would have more of a spotlight on her, & some drivers regress at that point. One thing no one can say, is Danica is gonna crumble under the spot light LOL
But let me put your mind at ease SS14. I do believe Danica is a race car driver, & not a show pony like some of the ladies driving in Stock Cars right now. In fact honestly Danica & Jo. Long are the only ones I would say are worth talking about as race car drivers with any talent (potential) at this point. That includes all the ones in Arca & other Stock Car series. Was kinda hoping to see what Chrissy Wallace had, but honestly havent heard anything about her except for a couple spot starts.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 pm

I don't keep up with motorcycle racing so I wouldn't know about that chick.

What do you mean some of the Danica fans? That is a generalization. I don't see anyone saying she is a championship contender. She is doing pretty much just as good as I thought she would be doing. My expectations of her are very realistic. Can you please give me examples of where I was saying she could do something that sounded ridiculous? I did say she could win Daytona, but I think most people including her did too. Her performance at Road America wasn't surprising.

You are right about never knowing how a driver will react to success. That is a big step.

Chrissy has talent too. I just wonder why in the world when Rusty had his teams he never gave her a chance. Sloan Hnederson who has done a few ARCA races is an old friend of mind. She has won tons of legend cars races. She has potential if she gets on a good team.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:I don't keep up with motorcycle racing so I wouldn't know about that chick.

What do you mean some of the Danica fans? That is a generalization. I don't see anyone saying she is a championship contender. She is doing pretty much just as good as I thought she would be doing. My expectations of her are very realistic. Can you please give me examples of where I was saying she could do something that sounded ridiculous? I did say she could win Daytona, but I think most people including her did too. Her performance at Road America wasn't surprising.

You are right about never knowing how a driver will react to success. That is a big step.

Chrissy has talent too. I just wonder why in the world when Rusty had his teams he never gave her a chance. Sloan Hnederson who has done a few ARCA races is an old friend of mind. She has won tons of legend cars races. She has potential if she gets on a good team.

Since I dont know a bunch about Chrissy. I am not even sure she wants to become a big time racer, but at one point & time it looked as if she did.
I know Randy Lajoie back in his good days in the Busch series had several opportunities to go cup racing, but he didnt want to move up in series & the extra grind. maybe she just doesnt want too. I really dont have a clue what happened to her.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:I don't keep up with motorcycle racing so I wouldn't know about that chick.

Since I dont know a bunch about Chrissy. I am not even sure she wants to become a big time racer, but at one point & time it looked as if she did.
I know Randy Lajoie back in his good days in the Busch series had several opportunities to go cup racing, but he didnt want to move up in series & the extra grind. maybe she just doesnt want too. I really dont have a clue what happened to her.

Oh Chrissy wanted to. But no one is giving her a chance too.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Oh Chrissy wanted to. But no one is giving her a chance too.

thats too bad. She has a more successsful & richer relative in the sport than Derrike Cope.
Then again Rusty had to pay for all the Carnage Steven Wallace created, so maybe Rusty is broke. Still has Mike & Kenny Wallace to help LOL.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:thats too bad. She has a more successsful & richer relative in the sport than Derrike Cope.
Then again Rusty had to pay for all the Carnage Steven Wallace created, so maybe Rusty is broke. Still has Mike & Kenny Wallace to help LOL.

Mike and Kenny are broke and Rusty is probably broke because of Steve. Though Rusty's team did race once this year with Steve and he actually did a good. Chrissy is going to like Jon Wood except Jon Wood got to race.
Last edited by Smokeshow14 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:05 pm

where are they racing this weekend???? kinda stinks they wont be at IRP next weekend....
<<

palino_s

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Yeah, Crissy needs more chances.. But Crissy is Mike's daughter..

Schnoopy, I talked and discussed with many Danica fans on her fans page or other.. 90% is normal and realistic.. 10% is simly stupid, but every driver has some stupid fans..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:06 pm

michaeljohn wrote:where are they racing this weekend???? kinda stinks they wont be at IRP next weekend....

Chicgoland and next week Indy with the cup cars. I do wish they still race at IRP too...
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:06 pm

palino_s wrote:Yeah, Crissy needs more chances.. But Crissy is Mike's daughter..

Schnoopy, I talked and discussed with many Danica fans on her fans page or other.. 90% is normal and realistic.. 10% is simly stupid, but every driver has some stupid fans..

What he said.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 pm

palino_s wrote:Yeah, Crissy needs more chances.. But Crissy is Mike's daughter..

I dont know what goes on on her sites, but I would imagine just about everyone is agreeing, & not critiquing her.
My limited exp. with her fans is when someone around here says something that doesnt resemble she is doing great, we suddenly have no clue what we are talking about, when in fact I believe we (well some ppl not all) have a clearer picture of where she is than some of the Danica fans, that cant handle the fact she isnt as good as the media would want her to be.
I can say something good about her & criticize at the same time & well....... that is unexceptable. Some Danica fans cant see that. So I guess I only mainly talk to that 10% you are talking about.

Now I know me & you dont actually agree on a lot about Danica either, but atleast you have a rational point of view when you rebuke my point of view.

side note I know Crissy is Mike Daughter, but Rusty is more pull in Nascar circles (& deepr pockets) I would imagine. Isnt Derrike the uncle to the Cope sisters?
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:59 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

I dont know what goes on on her sites, but I would imagine just about everyone is agreeing, & not critiquing her.
My limited exp. with her fans is when someone around here says something that doesnt resemble she is doing great, we suddenly have no clue what we are talking about, when in fact I believe we (well some ppl not all) have a clearer picture of where she is than some of the Danica fans, that cant handle the fact she isnt as good as the media would want her to be.
I can say something good about her & criticize at the same time & well....... that is unexceptable. Some Danica fans cant see that. So I guess I only mainly talk to that 10% you are talking about.

Now I know me & you dont actually agree on a lot about Danica either, but atleast you have a rational point of view when you rebuke my point of view.

And point is? I am also Jeff Gordon fan and Tony Stewart fan.. I know some Gordon's fans are thinking: Jeff never maid mistake.. I know some Dale Jr fans dislike Danica because she is media darling and etc.. Every driver has some blind and stupid fans (5% to 10%)..

Schmoopy1000 wrote:side note I know Crissy is Mike Daughter, but Rusty is more pull in Nascar circles (& deepr pockets) I would imagine. Isnt Derrike the uncle to the Cope sisters?

Rusty has son and Steven is his bigger interest than Crissy. I dont think Derrike is helping to his nieces..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:12 am

I am interested in who Schmoopy is talking about (unless is on another site he belongs to).
RIP Dan Wheldon
Previous

Return to Danica