FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Feel bad for Danica

<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Feel bad for Danica

She may not be anywhere near a top driver in stock cars right now. But she is good enough to be in the field.
When they bring Copes name in comparison to Danica because they are both women. I have to feel bad for Danica. I do agree with Harvick, where (either of the) Copes arent good enough to even carry Danicas helmet for her. I didnt even realize it was Cope in that car until Harvick said "she" in post race interview, but did watch her make some real bad moves during the race, even before the Harvick incident. Then to have Cope attack Harvick & claim it was Harvicks fault on twitter LOL.

Poor Danica being mentioned in the same sentence as Amber.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

You didn't get the comment at all.

Haven't you heard someone say at a dirt track "oh he wants to be the next Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon" about a driver was was in the way all night?

She was basically saying that Amber is a wannabe Danica Patrick. But that Danica can actually drive. And that Amber can't. Harsh but true.

I looked her and her twin up. They were actually really good in go karts. They won 50 races and track records between the two. But left go-karts and spent most of their early adulthood as cosmetologists. And they own a hair salon.

In reality they are females who call themselves racecar drivers. While Danica Patrick, Johanna Long, and Jennifer Jo Cobb are racecar drivers who happen to be females.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 am

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Smokeshow14 wrote:You didn't get the comment at all.

Haven't you heard someone say at a dirt track "oh he wants to be the next Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon" about a driver was was in the way all night?

She was basically saying that Amber is a wannabe Danica Patrick. But that Danica can actually drive. And that Amber can't. Harsh but true.

I looked her and her twin up. They were actually really good in go karts. They won 50 races and track records between the two. But left go-karts and spent most of their early adulthood as cosmetologists. And they own a hair salon.

In reality they are females who call themselves racecar drivers. While Danica Patrick, Johanna Long, and Jennifer Jo Cobb are racecar drivers who happen to be females.


Jennifer Jo Cobb and racecar driver? She is only Milka Duno of NASCAR.. Seriously Angela Cope is better then Jennifer Jo Cobb..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Don't care if Cobb can drive,i think she's hotter than Danica and Danica is in a top notch ride,what is Jeniffer in and don't forget that she got her first top five before Danica,ok half the field has out,but still. :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:She may not be anywhere near a top driver in stock cars right now. But she is good enough to be in the field.
When they bring Copes name in comparison to Danica because they are both women. I have to feel bad for Danica. I do agree with Harvick, where (either of the) Copes arent good enough to even carry Danicas helmet for her. I didnt even realize it was Cope in that car until Harvick said "she" in post race interview, but did watch her make some real bad moves during the race, even before the Harvick incident. Then to have Cope attack Harvick & claim it was Harvicks fault on twitter LOL.

Poor Danica being mentioned in the same sentence as Amber.

Feel bad for Harvick,but i'm just as happy that BK won,so it was a good ending for me either way. Derrick Cope is Ambers uncle i believe and we all know how good of a driver he was,he's probly the reason she drives that way.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8132

Images: 0
4884

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:She may not be anywhere near a top driver in stock cars right now. But she is good enough to be in the field.
When they bring Copes name in comparison to Danica because they are both women. I have to feel bad for Danica. I do agree with Harvick, where (either of the) Copes arent good enough to even carry Danicas helmet for her. I didnt even realize it was Cope in that car until Harvick said "she" in post race interview, but did watch her make some real bad moves during the race, even before the Harvick incident. Then to have Cope attack Harvick & claim it was Harvicks fault on twitter LOL.

Poor Danica being mentioned in the same sentence as Amber.


but you have to admit, that J long can be compared to danica, she is in lesser equipment and she gets the same or a couple spots less than danica, or as i like to call her by her new name "crash" and the gal just turned 20.... watch the clip in my signature, it says it all there......
Image
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.
Jennifer Jo Cobb may not be all that good, but the difference with Jen Jo vs Danica or the Copes is she has been trying to race on her own with her own money.
The Copes are given a ride from Derrike & Danica is given just about everything.
So I can give credit to Jen Jo Cobb. She obviously loves to race when she brings her Wallet to the track to race.
The Copes remind me of some drivers in our dirt divisions where they have the money to buy way better equiipment than they should be driving & become a hazzard on the race track. Not for being slow but reckless.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:24 am

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.

Image
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 8132

Images: 0
4884

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 am

Re: Feel bad for Danica

sometimes the truth hurts doesnt kid??? you boy crash aint all that.....
Image
<<

Smokeshow14

User avatar

Posts: 1773

180

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Location: Silver Spring Maryland

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 am

Re: Feel bad for Danica

michaeljohn wrote:sometimes the truth hurts doesnt kid??? you boy crash aint all that.....

Yeah I am sure that is it.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2875

Images: 3
700

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.
Jennifer Jo Cobb may not be all that good, but the difference with Jen Jo vs Danica or the Copes is she has been trying to race on her own with her own money.
The Copes are given a ride from Derrike & Danica is given just about everything.
So I can give credit to Jen Jo Cobb. She obviously loves to race when she brings her Wallet to the track to race.
The Copes remind me of some drivers in our dirt divisions where they have the money to buy way better equiipment than they should be driving & become a hazzard on the race track. Not for being slow but reckless.

Seen that all too often,the dirt part and it's usually more car than they can handle for the lack of experiance they have.Oh,you said that didn't you?
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:58 am

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.
Jennifer Jo Cobb may not be all that good, but the difference with Jen Jo vs Danica or the Copes is she has been trying to race on her own with her own money.
The Copes are given a ride from Derrike & Danica is given just about everything.
So I can give credit to Jen Jo Cobb. She obviously loves to race when she brings her Wallet to the track to race.
The Copes remind me of some drivers in our dirt divisions where they have the money to buy way better equiipment than they should be driving & become a hazzard on the race track. Not for being slow but reckless.


Angela was better than her uncle in Kansas (last year).. She was behind Johanna (around 2 seconds), when she lost engine in Charlotte..

Cobb is only female and NASCAR version of Marty Roth..

I am fan both and I dont know who is better because:
1st - Johanna born in stock car, Danica born in open wheel car.. That means Danica's learning curve is longer, because she was racing with very different car, with very different technology and with very different driving style..

2nd - Johanna run 11 races - 8 races on superspeedways and 3 races on short tracks.. She skipped Phoenix, Fontana, Darlington, Dover, Road America and New Hampshire.. I dont understand why she didnt run the hardest tracks (except Bristol), because Johanna needs experience from this tracks..
Last edited by palino_s on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

palino_s wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.
Jennifer Jo Cobb may not be all that good, but the difference with Jen Jo vs Danica or the Copes is she has been trying to race on her own with her own money.
The Copes are given a ride from Derrike & Danica is given just about everything.
So I can give credit to Jen Jo Cobb. She obviously loves to race when she brings her Wallet to the track to race.
The Copes remind me of some drivers in our dirt divisions where they have the money to buy way better equiipment than they should be driving & become a hazzard on the race track. Not for being slow but reckless.


Angela was better than her uncle in Kansas (last year).. She was behind Johanna (around 2 seconds), when she lost engine in Charlotte..

Cobb is only female and NASCAR version of Marty Roth..

I am fan both and I dont know who is better because:
1st - Johanna born in stock car, Danica born in open wheel car.. That means Danica's learning curve is longer, because she was racing with very different car, with very different technology and with very different driving style..

2nd - Johanna run 11 races - 8 races on superspeedways and 3 races on short tracks.. She skipped hardest Phoenix, Fontana, Darlington, Dover, Road America and New Hampshire.. I dont understand why she didnt run the hardest tracks (except Bristol), because Johanna needs experience from this tracks..

Very logical.
Johanna isnt in control of her destiny. The team she is running for, is a small team & lives on the winnings for the most part. Doesnt have the luxury letting her practice on tracks she needs exp. on. I would love to see what she could do in the Go Daddy car, but as you say, this will never happen so we wont be able to make that comparison. As you point out Jo. Long has grew up in stock cars, which is why I think (as of right now) she is the better Stock car driver. Danica may become the best woman stock car driver but dont believe she is close right now. Anyone that listens to her radio could admit this because how confused she sounds about some things that are natural to a stock car driver.
Glad I could respond to a Danica fan that isnt wearing blinders. I like the logical fan. Danica may have a higher ceiling for potential (I wouldnt argue for or against) but at this point, I stand behind my opinion.

Unfortunately as you pointed out. Their race teams, situations, scenarios & back grounds are all apples to oranges, so our opinions are all speculations from what we see & hear.
ImageImageImage
<<

palino_s

User avatar

Posts: 195

180

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:50 am

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
palino_s wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think Jo. Long might be the better stock car driver of all the women honestly.
Jennifer Jo Cobb may not be all that good, but the difference with Jen Jo vs Danica or the Copes is she has been trying to race on her own with her own money.
The Copes are given a ride from Derrike & Danica is given just about everything.
So I can give credit to Jen Jo Cobb. She obviously loves to race when she brings her Wallet to the track to race.
The Copes remind me of some drivers in our dirt divisions where they have the money to buy way better equiipment than they should be driving & become a hazzard on the race track. Not for being slow but reckless.


Angela was better than her uncle in Kansas (last year).. She was behind Johanna (around 2 seconds), when she lost engine in Charlotte..

Cobb is only female and NASCAR version of Marty Roth..

I am fan both and I dont know who is better because:
1st - Johanna born in stock car, Danica born in open wheel car.. That means Danica's learning curve is longer, because she was racing with very different car, with very different technology and with very different driving style..

2nd - Johanna run 11 races - 8 races on superspeedways and 3 races on short tracks.. She skipped hardest Phoenix, Fontana, Darlington, Dover, Road America and New Hampshire.. I dont understand why she didnt run the hardest tracks (except Bristol), because Johanna needs experience from this tracks..

Very logical.
Johanna isnt in control of her destiny. The team she is running for, is a small team & lives on the winnings for the most part. Doesnt have the luxury letting her practice on tracks she needs exp. on. I would love to see what she could do in the Go Daddy car, but as you say, this will never happen so we wont be able to make that comparison. As you point out Jo. Long has grew up in stock cars, which is why I think (as of right now) she is the better Stock car driver. Danica may become the best woman stock car driver but dont believe she is close right now. Anyone that listens to her radio could admit this because how confused she sounds about some things that are natural to a stock car driver.
Glad I could respond to a Danica fan that isnt wearing blinders. I like the logical fan. Danica may have a higher ceiling for potential (I wouldnt argue for or against) but at this point, I stand behind my opinion.

Unfortunately as you pointed out. Their race teams, situations, scenarios & back grounds are all apples to oranges, so our opinions are all speculations from what we see & hear.


Communications isnt all. You know driver shows his talent on the hardest tracks.. I want see Johanna on Dover or Atlanta or other short track. She needs improving also this skills.

JRM didnt want Danica in Dover two years ago, and in Montreal last year.. They said Dover is hard, she was average on road courses in IndyCar.. She pushed JRM and result was she was racing these races.. I think it is time - Johanna needs to ask for more short tracks races..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4153

945

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: Feel bad for Danica

palino_s wrote:Communications isnt all. You know driver shows his talent on the hardest tracks.. I want see Johanna on Dover or Atlanta or other short track. She needs improving also this skills.

JRM didnt want Danica in Dover two years ago, and in Montreal last year.. They said Dover is hard, she was average on road courses in IndyCar.. She pushed JRM and result was she was racing these races.. I think it is time - Johanna needs to ask for more short tracks races..

Well this is Johanna's 1st partial year in the NW series. She can ask, but she isnt in a position of demanding.
I also heard that the RCs in the indy cars werent Danica's strong suit, but I think her race at montreal this year was her best race of the season. Even though she got punted at the end & her finish didnt represent how she ran all day.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Danica

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER