FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trevor Bayne had planned to push Tony those last 2 laps.

<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Trevor Bayne had planned to push Tony those last 2 laps.

I thought this was cool to read and wanted to share it... Apparently Trevor Bayne had planned to push Tony but Bobby Labonte got behind Trevor first and Trevor went with it. Interesting that Bobby didn't get behind Tony but there is probably no time to think about things in that split second. ??

Here's what Trevor said when interviewed right after his win...

“I was gonna brake and let Tony Stewart get down (and push him) and all of the sudden here comes (Bobby Labonte) just pushing away. . . . So I’m thinking, ‘We’re leading now'," he said.

"That’s kind of cool to say that we were leading on the start of the green-white-checkered.”

And then he was leading at the white flag — and he thought that was pretty cool, too. And then he was leading at the checkered.

He had to ask where to find Victory Lane. And all this a day after his 20th birthday!!

Hopefully, Smoke will keep Bayne in mind for when he adds a driver to the SHR stalls?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jamo14

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Re: Trevor Bayne had planned to push Tony those last 2 laps.

we'll see how Trevor turns out, there have been plenty of drivers that started out seeming humble, then they turned into Busches and Edwardses.
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:10 pm

jamo14 wrote:we'll see how Trevor turns out, there have been plenty of drivers that started out seeming humble, then they turned into Busches and Edwardses.

Good one, jamo. :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 pm

yep Jamo, totally agree. It seems it's that way in life in general... the more successful you get, oftentimes, the more of an azz you become. Now I can think of some exceptions to that rule but it does happen a lot IMO.
<<

Chevy Champions

Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:13 pm

jamo14 wrote:we'll see how Trevor turns out, there have been plenty of drivers that started out seeming humble, then they turned into Busches and Edwardses.

I always found Kyle to be an idiot even when he was with Hendrick.
<<

kevinmboots77

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 pm

I do not recall Edwards or the Busch brother thanking god. I believe that Mister Bayne will be different.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

daniluvs14

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:24 pm

kevinmboots77 wrote:I do not recall Edwards or the Busch brother thanking god. I believe that Mister Bayne will be different.

*likes*
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
<<

g414

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Trevor is a Christian and I think he will stay humble and very thankful for accomplishing more then he ever expected at this point. He seems to have what it takes but you really can't judge a great race car driver at a track like Daytona. We will see how he handles the other tracks.
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 am

I think so far, Trevor is awesome. But, he reminds me a little of another guy who I thought was sooo sweet, humble, nonassuming, really deserving and then, give him a couple years and Phew... he's like all the rest. (Of course having a father who gets him into trouble doesn't help.)

I used to love to see Joey Logano win and now... not so much. I hope Trevor doesn't go the way of some of the drivers who broke into Nascar at such a young age.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 am

At first I did not have an opinion on Logano. I did not have a feeling on him one way or the other. Now that a couple of seasons has gone by, I have an opinion. I don't like him, he needs an attitude ajustment. He needs to learn some respect from those that came long before him. He needs to be taken down a few pegs. I was not the least bit impressed about his comments about Delana Harvick last year. If he had a problem with Kevin's driving then that is what he should have stayed on topic with that and not brought up Delana.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:18 am

Yep Beav, that is probably one of the factors for me too. I happen to really respect Delana and follow her on Twitter. Delana and Krissie Newman are good friends so that goes a long way with me.

I just think he whines now and he never used to. His respect for his fellow drivers seemed short-lived to me. Wonder what Tony thinks about him since he did take over the 20 car. I think he used to be a mentor to him but now?? I don't know. I think his overbearing father and all the success he's had in NASCAR at such a young age, having such a huge sponsorship, etc. was detrimental in the end. IMO.

I don't know enough about Trevor Bayne to make any predictions on the guy. Wish him all the best though! Maybe Tony will keep an eye on him for a third driver?
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am

One other thing to keep in mind about Logano is that NASCAR has removed his father twice from the garage area for both a short period of time and then an extended period of time.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

mutinywxgirl

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:36 am

g414 wrote:Trevor is a Christian and I think he will stay humble and very thankful for accomplishing more then he ever expected at this point. He seems to have what it takes but you really can't judge a great race car driver at a track like Daytona. We will see how he handles the other tracks.

Trevor is a very strong Christian who works closely with Michael McDowell; both doing missions trips and other such things. They do many things together, including eating. Trevor will not waver from his faith, nor will be become like the others. He received a call from Tim Tebow after the race. That's the caliber of people with whom he surrounds himself. He will be a star. I think it was very telling in an interview when Carl Edwards said that Trevor represented NASCAR like a pro after the win, and that Carl didn't think he could do as good of a job that Trevor did throughout the week.
~ Lisa ~

-KJ4NKM-
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 pm

The majority of drivers are Christians (Smoke, Jeff Gordon, JJ, Jamie Mac, Kenseth, Edwards, Labonte, Newman, the Busch bros, Biffle, Ragan, clearly Bayne, McDowell among many) but some choose to be more religous then others which is there right.

I loved hearing Jamie talk about the power of prayer after his 3rd win last season at Charlotte and hearing Bayne talk about God was really cool. Good Christian dude only 1 year older then me.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Good point jamo. I read sometime ago that perhaps Bayne was going to replace JJ as the nice guy. Come on he is only 20 and hasn't had time to get cynical.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing