FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Smoke @ Williams Grove??

<<

bigshowtom43

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Smoke @ Williams Grove??

Does anyone know if Smoke is running with the WoO @ Williams Grove this Friday & Saturday???
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Smoke @ Williams Grove??

Have not heard,but heard rumors he would be at Lebanon Valley,NY this Sun.with the actual WOO and i hope to see Sammy Swindell there too as he is third in points,but hates the Valley.
<<

RaceFreak1429

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:04 am

Wolfgang - I'm pretty sure Swindell will be at Lebanon since he seems to be actually running for points this year...wih as tight as the top of the standings is, he can't afford to miss it...

and I gotta ask, whatcha mean by the actual WoO? You've got me intrigued, so I thought I'd ask...lol

as for the Grove, I'd bet Tony will be there...him and Kahne seem to like to run there fairly frequently, but that's just my guess - I've got nothin to say for sure one way or the other...
Racing is the source of what little sanity I possess, despite how crazy it makes me 8-D

Smoke: "I'm more nervous on the white flag leading a World of Outlaws race than in the Daytona 500" - July 7, 2012 @ Lernerville Speedway
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:16 am

Called Sammys home last night and Lebonan Valley is a points race and Sammy will be there.The promoter always tells you a certian driver will there even if he's not because he wants you to come regardless as he wants your money.
The choice of Tony vs seeing Sammy is hands down Sammy when it comes to the 410s as i've followed Sammy and Doug Wolfgang most their whole Sprint careers and didn't have a clue who Tony was till IRL,nor did i ever like him till he got involved in Dirt Motorsports.
When i say WOO i mean WOO,LOL! The 410 division below it is cool,but not the same w/o the big names.
Congrads to Kevin Swindell too,he won his first ARCA race Sat. after 11 starts.
<<

RaceFreak1429

Post Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:13 pm

WoO is 410 and is the only sprint division. There are other series - ASCS, ASCoC, etc. ...are those what you meant? Like I said, you got me curious, so I'm just trying to understand what you mean. I'm a huge sprint car fan (my favorite cars to watch...8-D)...though I have to admit that the other series don't really catch or keep my interest, mostly because it's harder to follow them on a week to week basis and keep up with who the drivers are.
Racing is the source of what little sanity I possess, despite how crazy it makes me 8-D

Smoke: "I'm more nervous on the white flag leading a World of Outlaws race than in the Daytona 500" - July 7, 2012 @ Lernerville Speedway
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Come to think of it,other than the Penn.posse in 410 sprints i think you're right.The reason alot of the WOO weren't at Fonda as it probly wasn't a point race.Dollansky won the A-main last night starting second to Kannes #9 at Lebonan Valley and the stands were packed more than i'd ever seen before.Sammy had to change an engine after the heat race and had a tire go down during the A-main.Steve Kinser had issues the final few laps as the car got slower during the A-main but not sure why,so Sammy gained a few points as did Dollanski.Young girl started on the pole for the 358 modifieds and beat out Brett Hearn after she near lost it on turn 4,she gathered it back up. 8-)
The jerks sitting behind us were Steve Kinser fans,when Sammys' tire went down they cheered and i pretty much ignored it.When Steves car starting slowing and Sammy passed him,i yelled so much for the circuits favorite and what come around goes around.They weren't too happy with it,but screw em,they started it. :lol: :lol: Never was a Kinser fan no matter who he drove for,not so much Steve himself,but the favortism that has been shown to him over the years.Danny Lasowski was a no show as he is on a limited budget and schedule as Sammy was last year,DAM! Danny was Tonys' first WOO driver,but i guess even as friends they had a fallen out as they couldn' t see eye to eye,but still remain friends even today.Since Danny,Tony hasn't had a WOO driver i've been a big fan of,oh well.My favorite all time is Doug Wolfgang. BTW,Tony was never there-it was all rumor.

Return to Tony