FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Danica finished 14th

<<

palino_s

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Danica finished 14th

Schmoopy1000 wrote:My take on her race, & yes I watched her entire race with her car cam.
She struggled when in a ton of traffic at restarts. Once the cars got strung out some with a lot of help from her spotter, who I think did great. She would get in a rhythm & start getting better times. Spotter wouldnt be afraid to tell her when she was overdriving or not hard enough. At one time the spotter yelled at her to stop looking in her mirror & get back to the bottom of the track (she was overdriving at the time) that he would tell her when to worry about what is behind her. & honestly once she got back in rhythm, drove away from the 11 car.
Now as far as shes a girl people racing her in certain ways. I will have to call BS on that (at this race atleast)
When she was being passed, she was being passed cleanly
When she was passing cars it was very common she would rough them up with her bumper. Sometimes on purpose sometimes I think she gets excited & drives in to hard. She even sideslammed her teammate at one time. Dont know if she has an issue with the 81 car or not, but I swear she hit him everytime she was passing him. Then when she worked her way into a top ten & had a nice rhythm going. I thought the race would end under green & she would have "earned" her top ten. But then she overdrove the car again when she was around another car (the 81 again) & slid up into the 81 & spun herself out. So she still has learning to do with car control, but her fans (I dont think she is claiming this) that other drivers are racing her differently than others.

Blaming the competition for her mistakes is weak quite honestly. So I hope she hasnt said the same things I am hearing from some of her fans.

100% Danica's fault..

81 car - Bowles was blocking her whole race in Bristol and half race in Texas..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 am

Her and Jason Bowles haven't gotten along on track for some reason. Now if there anyone who actually races her differently because she is a girl (which I don't believe people do) it would be him.

She did lose it under him. But why didn't he just get out of her way? There lies the problem. Lap cars not having respect for the leaders. Oh well what goes around comes around.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:Her and Jason Bowles haven't gotten along on track for some reason. Now if there anyone who actually races her differently because she is a girl (which I don't believe people do) it would be him.

She did lose it under him. But why didn't he just get out of her way? There lies the problem. Lap cars not having respect for the leaders. Oh well what goes around comes around.

your starting to sound like Joey Logano.
when she spun herself out it was because she over drove the corner. he gave her room on the inside to go by. That was just inexperience. She was ancy when passing cars. She rubbed a lot of them when trying to pass. The spin was on her, not the lapped car. To her credit I didnt hear her complaining after she spun.
All race she was pretty consistent when by herself, but pretty erratic when beside other cars.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:27 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Smokeshow14 wrote:Her and Jason Bowles haven't gotten along on track for some reason. Now if there anyone who actually races her differently because she is a girl (which I don't believe people do) it would be him.

when she spun herself out it was because she over drove the corner. he gave her room on the inside to go by. That was just inexperience. She was ancy when passing cars. She rubbed a lot of them when trying to pass. The spin was on her, not the lapped car. To her credit I didnt hear her complaining after she spun.
All race she was pretty consistent when by herself, but pretty erratic when beside other cars.

Your either ignoring me asking about Jason Bowles or missing my point.

No doubt she wrecked herself. But way didn't Bowles just move out of her way? She did race hard. But that was probably the second short track race that she had a car under her. The progress is evident.
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

palino_s

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:33 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

100% Danica's fault, but Bowles also was blocking her.. It is not first time in season..
#10 (Danica), #14, #24, #32 (Terry), #39, #42
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:38 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Your either ignoring me asking about Jason Bowles or missing my point.

No doubt she wrecked herself. But way didn't Bowles just move out of her way? She did race hard. But that was probably the second short track race that she had a car under her. The progress is evident.

Im not bashing her. She is inexperienced. Minus one mistake & she finishes top ten. Like I said he was out of the way. The lapped cars just dont brake & move. they would never be up to speed if they did that once they get lapped. What I am saying is at that point, Bowles didnt do anything wrong. its okay to except she makes unprovoked mistakes, without giving her excuses.
I dont know what their issues with each other are, but he was innocent right there.
ImageImageImage
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:43 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Im not bashing her. She is inexperienced. Minus one mistake & she finishes top ten. Like I said he was out of the way. The lapped cars just dont brake & move. they would never be up to speed if they did that once they get lapped. What I am saying is at that point, Bowles didnt do anything wrong. its okay to except she makes unprovoked mistakes, without giving her excuses.
I dont know what their issues with each other are, but he was innocent right there.

Well yeah she is inexperienced!

Lapped may not have to just stop. But they don't just race the leaders. He was racing her. He always makes it difficult on her. But then again lapped cars have been an issue in the nationwide series all year (just ask Ryan Truex and Kevin Harvick).
RIP Dan Wheldon
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:41 pm

jamo14 wrote:she already has a cup ride for next year. therefore, all NW drivers are required to let her on by and win

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THERE IT IS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous

Return to Danica